Tuesday, April 1st Practice

Has Dobbs showed any improvement over last year, has he got more zip on the ball, if he has got bigger and stronger seem like last year no zip on the ball the receivers was always waiting or coming back to the ball.

Dobbs has plenty of zip and through plenty of bullets throughout the season. His problem is that like with most true frosh QBs he was very inconsistent.

But don't take my word for it watch his passes at Bama or at UK or listen to the original scouting report:

ESPN lists him as the nation's No. 18 dual-threat quarterback. "Dobbs is a very intriguing dual-threat quarterback with pocket-passer measurables and excellent arm strength," wrote an ESPN recruiting analyst. "The ball jumps out of his hand -- he throws with authority."

His arm strength will improve but it's already excellent. The problem last season was being incredibly green which showed in his lack of consistency (he'd throw lasers into microscopic windows and then turn around and make a WTH pass). Now I don't know if it's as good as Fergy's (I assume not since everyone says Fergy's is basically Bray 2.0) but then again Peyton Manning in his prime didn't have the cannon Bray possessed but still had an elite arm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
1. I didnt know Holloway was the assistant AD..that's awesome.

2. It's nice seeing CJM hanging out at practice.

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs has plenty of zip and through plenty of bullets throughout the season. His problem is that like with most true frosh QBs he was very inconsistent.

But don't take my word for it watch his passes at Bama or at UK or listen to the original scouting report:

His arm strength will improve but it's already excellent. The problem last season was being incredibly green which showed in his lack of consistency (he'd throw lasers into microscopic windows and then turn around and make a WTH pass). Now I don't know if it's as good as Fergy's (I assume not since everyone says Fergy's is basically Bray 2.0) but then again Peyton Manning in his prime didn't have the cannon Bray possessed but still had an elite arm.

If Dobbs can start throwing to the right team he will be pretty good.

Lol no kidding..?

I'm mostly kidding Lotto. I just think it is ridiculous to rule anyone out based on what we know now. We do know that Butch said that the qb's (particularly Dobbs and Ferg) need to work on avoiding the "catastrophic play"

So mostly just a joke :)

Oops. :)

My apologies.

VN Store

Back