Tuesday, April 1st Practice

I highly doubt CBJ was referencing Tiny at today's practice. CBJ isn't going to throw a former Vol and future NFL player under the bus like that. What he said is quoted completely different by everyone else.

That’s the first time that 74 (Blair) ever got a pancake in pass protection,” Butch yelled, “We finally got some toughness out of 74 out here.”

Blair had earlier in practice won a one-on-one battle against Corey Vereen, and with several former Vols looking on as they prepare for Wednesday's pro day on campus, Jones chided Antonio 'Tiny' Richardson by announcing, "That's the first-ever pancake block by a number 74!" - VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Hurd needs to add at least 10lbs by this fall to increase his durability .

I don't think it has anything at all to do with his weight.. Adding weight isn't the auto remedy for getting hurt.

Beginning to worry about Hurd. Is this injury from last year and susequent surgury going to linger for his whole career? Hope not,

I wouldn't put too much stock into Hurd's recent "injuries", he hasn't been full contact for some time now. He will go through a series of bumps and bruises while he re learns to protect himself, as well as his body re learning how to heal and fight that pain.

Reactions: 2 people
I wouldn't put too much stock into Hurd's recent "injuries", he hasn't been full contact for some time now. He will go through a series of bumps and bruises while he re learns to protect himself, as well as his body re learning how to heal and fight that pain.

He just wants fill out his injury quota before the season starts. Get um out of the way now and cruise control from Aug-Jan!

Dude pay me no mind please I just want our D to be nasty and scary again. I'm too worried.

I may be wrong but this should be the best Vol secondary since Eric Berry, maybe even better as we starting to look solid at two deep with out the Berry twins and others even on campus.

This should be the best LB Corp we have had since AJ and Maggitt were starting as Freshmen...with 3 deep quality talent.

I think the DL will be at least as good as last year's squad. We still have a couple of high potential young studs coming in with Sawyers and Robertson. Cross your fingers on Saulsberry making a full recovery. Worse case scenario, one of those big DT could crossover to OT.

I'm guessing we will be ok at offensive tackle though. Gilliam will push Blair. Blair biggest limiter now is not being in shape and game speed. He should get into shape by Summertime and hopefully that will greatly improve his game speed.

We should be 7-10 points better per game, our team speed shutting down those sideline runs will do that.

I hope you are right but D. O'Brien HAS to step up soon he need to take the next step

I think he will. As a RS sophomore he has been through quite a bit with coaching changes. He has the mean streak with a couple of years under his belt. I felt that he came on strong towards the latter half of 2013. By 2015 he will be an all SEC anchor on the D-line.

Heard Ainge say a couple of days ago that O'brien could be serviceable but isn't going to be an all star (I think he said like a more talented Hood). I'm excited to see what Hendrix will do when he gets here. He's already pretty big and strong looking

Heard Ainge say a couple of days ago that O'brien could be serviceable but isn't going to be an all star (I think he said like a more talented Hood). I'm excited to see what Hendrix will do when he gets here. He's already pretty big and strong looking

O'brien just has some physical limitations size and speed wise. That doesn't mean he can't be a good to great football player though. He'll have to make up for what he lacks in size and speed with a high motor, mean streak, and ability to avoid mental errors.

I think he'll step up this season. He may never be an All-SEC type of guy, but if he can wear down opposing OLs and get in their heads, he can make some noise.

O'brien just has some physical limitations size and speed wise. That doesn't mean he can't be a good to great football player though. He'll have to make up for what he lacks in size and speed with a high motor, mean streak, and ability to avoid mental errors.

I think he'll step up this season. He may never be an All-SEC type of guy, but if he can wear down opposing OLs and get in their heads, he can make some noise.

I hope he steps up we need his mean streak at DT. I think when everybody gets back we'll be pretty decent at DT this is my 2 deep
1 st. O. Williams and T. Saulsberry
2nd. J. Carr and D. O'brien

I see Ferguson has some new tats! Must be a leader!

Gilliam starting is a very bad sign.
I agree and that's one position that won't be improved in the fall, unless J. Robertson could play OT but he's better fitted for the interior OL if he even comes over to Offense.

Hurd added the elbow pad back on Saturday. I think he's fine.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    483.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Blair had earlier in practice won a one-on-one battle against Corey Vereen, and with several former Vols looking on as they prepare for Wednesday's pro day on campus, Jones chided Antonio 'Tiny' Richardson by announcing, "That's the first-ever pancake block by a number 74!" - VQ

Ok in that context I can see it. Tiny was present and CBJ was ribbing him. That's much different from what Fade was saying.

Reactions: 1 person
Hurd added the elbow pad back on Saturday. I think he's fine.

I've never taken part in the "Hurd is too tall" discussion, but this pic right here looks more like a WR playing RB. Strange to see a RB taller than the QB.

VN Store

Back