Tuesday, April 1st Practice

I don't like how Hurd has another brace on top of the already shoulder. Is he going to be injury prone? Wasn't the first time when he got surgery last season.

North is limited? Thought it was just family emergency?

Patrick Brown: All-SEC CB Cam Sutton on #Vols WRs: 'If you can go against those receivers in practice, you pretty much can go against anybody in the SEC.'

Reactions: 16 people
As a RB your going to get bruised up! The sleeve is just a precaution to keep the bruises from getting worse.

True my biggest concern is the D-line. Them getting man handled is starting to become the norm to early on in spring practice. I hope this isn't the start of a trend.

True my biggest concern is the D-line. Them getting man handled is starting to become the norm to early on in spring practice. I hope this isn't the start of a trend.

i share the same concern but Saulsberry & Carr are out. Saulsberry was our most disruptive DT before getting injured last yr. those guys will be back. Randolph isnt in there either helping the back end. things will get better when we get some of our solid guys back and the new guys get here. just gotta keep working.

i share the same concern but Saulsberry & Carr are out. Saulsberry was our most disruptive DT before getting injured last yr. those guys will be back. Randolph isnt in there either helping the back end. things will get better when we get some of our solid guys back and the new guys get here. just gotta keep working.

Carr had one of the best plays in practice today

UTs guards and center are very good, the tackle position is where the most concern is....IMO

UTs guards and center are very good, the tackle position is where the most concern is....IMO

this.... Marcus Jackson was an ALL-SEC freshman...he would have started on alot of teams last yr. just was no need with all the seniors knowing we could keep him 2 more yrs with a Redshirt. Kyrbeson has played a decent amount as well. he was pretty highly recruited and he has turned into a solid player. Wiesman is as nasty as they come at OG. OT is what needs to be figured out.

I hope you are right but D. O'Brien HAS to step up soon he need to take the next step

Reactions: 1 person
The report was that they were playing Jordan William and Mixon on the inside. They are a bit undersized for dts

they wont stay there all the time. maybe in a smurf package. Malik did okay playing inside at 270lb. not every guy has to weigh 300lbs.

no doubt.

jordan may move inside like corey miller did last yr. hes gotten big enough he can slide inside on pass rush downs so we can get more pass rushers on the field.

Dude pay me no mind please I just want our D to be nasty and scary again. I'm too worried.

Last edited:
Jones voicing what we all knew about Tiny - overrated.

I highly doubt CBJ was referencing Tiny at today's practice. CBJ isn't going to throw a former Vol and future NFL player under the bus like that. What he said is quoted completely different by everyone else.

That’s the first time that 74 (Blair) ever got a pancake in pass protection,” Butch yelled, “We finally got some toughness out of 74 out here.”

Reactions: 2 people
Figured I would go ahead and start the thread for todays practice.

Ill start it with this pic

Vol Photos ‏@Vol_Photos 3m
Curt Maggitt is back - pic.twitter.com/YxZ1wcJt94
BkK0cbGCUAAWqy4.jpg

Who is gettig their helmet taken off?

VN Store

Back