Tuesday, April 1st Practice

Hurd needs to add at least 10lbs by this fall to increase his durability .

How much did Neal weigh? Hurd is a big target and will pay the price for being so.

Commentary: Devaun Swafford, wasn’t he originally a walkon? I recall his surprisingly very good play despite some obvious hiccups last season. He seems to really be turning it up in practices this year.

Looks like the OL is getting better. But then again, they’re practicing against a very questionable defense.

How much did Neal weigh? Hurd is a big target and will pay the price for being so.

Commentary: Devaun Swafford, wasn’t he originally a walkon? I recall his surprisingly very good play despite some obvious hiccups last season. He seems to really be turning it up in practices this year.

Looks like the OL is getting better. But then again, they’re practicing against a very questionable defense.

If I recall correctly, Swafford was going to grey shirt but reported early and walked on so he wouldn't be behind. And I believe he earned his scholarship too. The kid is a hell of a competitor, and can make things happen (as he did last year).

I'm excited to see what Hendrix will do when he gets here. He's already pretty big and strong looking

Don't forget big Charles and Michael Sawyers providing some nasty heft to the line. +Jashon Robertson who had some impressive stats playing similar competition as Sawyers.

well I guess that it's up to Peterman :yikes:

I am actually watching the Florida game now. Although Peterman screwed the pooch, he also made some good throws. Josh Smith dropped two well thrown balls that I have seen so far.

He just threw that first interception.

You haven't seen Ferguson play yet.

Lol no kidding..?

I'm mostly kidding Lotto. I just think it is ridiculous to rule anyone out based on what we know now. We do know that Butch said that the qb's (particularly Dobbs and Ferg) need to work on avoiding the "catastrophic play"

So mostly just a joke :)

All I would like to know is that if Fergi is the answer or not, or has any of the others can hit a 15 yard out without the ball hitting the ground or the receiver has to dive back to the ball, we got the talent at WR, but if we cant get the ball to them, be a lot of wasted talent.

Lol no kidding..?

I'm mostly kidding Lotto. I just think it is ridiculous to rule anyone out based on what we know now. We do know that Butch said that the qb's (particularly Dobbs and Ferg) need to work on avoiding the "catastrophic play"

Has Dobbs showed any improvement over last year, has he got more zip on the ball, if he has got bigger and stronger seem like last year no zip on the ball the receivers was always waiting or coming back to the ball.

Don't forget big Charles and Michael Sawyers providing some nasty heft to the line. +Jashon Robertson who had some impressive stats playing similar competition as Sawyers.

I hope we don't have a freshman starting at the tackles, remember a few years back, all 3 will be good in time, you just don't walk out of high school and play tackle in the SEC, you might in the ovc but not in the SEC, give them some reps but we cant depend on them for the entire game I hope not anyway.

I would not worry about Jalen's elbow pad. The way Jalen runs --straight up--, I am sure he takes a lot of hits to his arms. As you all know, bone bruises take some time to heal.

John Brice ‏@John_BriceVQ 3m
Quick HiTs up now for free on http://volquest.com : http://bit.ly/1jVTTJL check @d_swafford8 INT pic.twitter.com/05dK0SuFrr
BkK5XsgIYAErGwB.jpg
He made a good play. But who puts pics on here from a DRILL in practice? I mean, like, wow.

He made a good play. But who puts pics on here from a DRILL in practice? I mean, like, wow.

Wow, who complains about that? We should probably stop posting the videos of the drills then, too. The pic in the OP of Maggitt was from a drill... wanna complain about that too?

Reactions: 3 people
Lol no kidding..?

funny :unsure:

Freshman running back Jalen Hurd, already wearing a heavy brace on his shoulder, has added a large pad to his left elbow.

I actually think this is a good thing. Getting his shoulder sore now will reinforce how much he needs to get his pads down and not take hits, er lay licks on defenders, that he doesn't have to. Far better for this to happen now than in the Summer or Fall.

UTs guards and center are very good, the tackle position is where the most concern is....IMO

I have a question about the center. I've seen a lot of high snaps early on, esp. high to Dobbs but others too, although I know Jones recently did that on purpose this was in the first few practices. Are they doing this intentionally to improve QB awareness? Or is the center rusty/in need of work on snapping?

VN Store

Back