Trump Could Appoint 4 Supreme Court Judges

My biggest concern is him being able to act Presidential.... if he starts going off script and losing his **** on Twitter... he'all embarrass us as a nation.

Maybe so. Trump's emotions have to be kept in check. However. BHO began embarrassing this nation starting in 2009 and hasn't slowed down since.

Reactions: 2 people
My biggest concern is him being able to act Presidential.... if he starts going off script and losing his **** on Twitter... he'all embarrass us as a nation.

I said all along if he could tone it down a little and stay off Twitter he would win. The last month he did just that and won.

One thing I feel pretty confident about with a new Trump Administration...

I doubt very seriously if he sends out an "apology tour" as Obama did after getting into office.

Reactions: 5 people
One thing I feel pretty confident about with a new Trump Administration...

I doubt very seriously if he sends out an "apology tour" as Obama did after getting into office.

I regret that I only have but one like to give for this post. It will be nice having a president who won't apologize for America.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
28 U.S. Code 455 that says "Any justice, judge, or magistrate judge of the United States shall disqualify himself in any proceeding in which his impartiality might reasonably be questioned

Bannon may seize on this to bring pressure on Ginsberg if the opportunity arises. Her remaining time on the court could further damage the court's reputation and the reputation of her colleagues. I would consider and seek conservative legal advise for waging a political campaign against the court and in particular Ginsburg for as long as she remains.

Ginsburg attacked Trump in no uncertain terms this week, calling him a "faker" in an interview with CNN legal analyst Joan Biskupic. To The New York Times, Ginsburg said, "I can't imagine what this place would be -- I can't imagine what the country would be -- with Donald Trump as our president."

Trump on Tuesday night said Ginsburg should simply quit the bench.

"Justice Ginsburg of the U.S. Supreme Court has embarrassed all by making very dumb political statements about me. Her mind is shot - resign!

Would Ruth Bader Ginsburg have to recuse herself if Donald Trump wins? - CNNPolitics.com

Bannon may seize on this to bring pressure on Ginsberg if the opportunity arises. Her remaining time on the court could further damage the court's reputation and the reputation of her colleagues. I would consider and seek conservative legal advise for waging a political campaign against the court and in particular Ginsburg for as long as she remains.

Would Ruth Bader Ginsburg have to recuse herself if Donald Trump wins? - CNNPolitics.com

She's not going to voluntarily go anywhere. She should have been removed from the bench when she said this.

"Why shouldn't we look to the wisdom of a judge from abroad with at least as much ease as we would read a law review article written by a professor?" she asked.

Ginsburg has been a very solid SC justice. She simply has a different view of the constitution than Scalia. Though they were polar opposites on some issues, there was a mutual respect and admiration between the two. They were probably the closest friends on the SC.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the last comment hog. I don't know why you think she should be removed.

Ginsburg has been a very solid SC justice. She simply has a different view of the constitution than Scalia. Though they were polar opposites on some issues, there was a mutual respect and admiration between the two. They were probably the closest friends on the SC.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the last comment hog. I don't know why you think she should be removed.

The only reference material a Supreme Court Justice should use in formulating a ruling is the constitution and existing case law. Legal precedents, rulings or law in other countries should have no influence on our courts.

Reactions: 4 people
The only reference material a Supreme Court Justice should use in formulating a ruling is the constitution and existing case law. Legal precedents, rulings or law in other countries should have no influence on our courts.

I have no issue with examining the rationale of other courts in other countries. I have no issue with looking at the rationale espoused in law review articles. That is perfectly acceptable and attorneys routinely present such to the court. More knowledge is fine with me. Nothing they read is binding, but if similar circumstances have arisen in another country then take a look at how it was handled.

Not every case SCOTUS hears involves the constitution so limiting SCOTUS to the Constitution and and existing case law is not practical.

Not even a little. 75 ought to be the limit. And cognitive reasoning tests of some sort to prevent whats happening now. Its rediculous.

Ginsburg is probably the smartest judge left on the Court. She is outspoken like Scalia. I don't always agree with her, but she thinks for herself unlike Thomas who struggles to have original thoughts.

Though I seldom agreed with Scalia on social issues, I very much agreed with him on other constitutional issues. He wrote the best dissents in the history of SCOTUS. His loss will be felt, but Ginsburg was his equal on the other side.

As a practical matter, the court works best when it is balanced. I have no issue with a conservative judge being appointed to replace Scalia.

I like the lifetime term.

That's not surprising.

With the increased life expectancy today we need to amend the constitution to limit judicial terms. The judiciary has more impact and power than it was ever intended to have. They do way to much legislating.

Ginsburg is probably the smartest judge left on the Court. She is outspoken like Scalia. I don't always agree with her, but she thinks for herself unlike Thomas who struggles to have original thoughts.

Though I seldom agreed with Scalia on social issues, I very much agreed with him on other constitutional issues. He wrote the best dissents in the history of SCOTUS. His loss will be felt, but Ginsburg was his equal on the other side.

As a practical matter, the court works best when it is balanced. I have no issue with a conservative judge being appointed to replace Scalia.

The court would work best if the Justices left their politics at the door.

That's not surprising.

With the increased life expectancy today we need to amend the constitution to limit judicial terms. The judiciary has more impact and power than it was ever intended to have. They do way to much legislating.

The terms would have to be long to avoid one president having too much influence. The lifetime terms means that change is slow and there aren't so many knee jerk reactions. 18 years might be a good number with one seat becoming vacant every 2 years. But then congress has to agree to vet and vote on the nominees regardless of the year.

The terms would have to be long to avoid one president having too much influence. The lifetime terms means that change is slow and there aren't so many knee jerk reactions. 18 years might be a good number with one seat becoming vacant every 2 years. But then congress has to agree to vet and vote on the nominees regardless of the year.

I think the entire federal judiciary should be on a 10 or 12 year term limit that is staggered. 1 POTUS would have the ability to appoint maybe a fifth of the judiciary during an 8 year term. It would be an up or out proposition, you get appointed to a higher court or your out of the judiciary at the end of your term. SCOTUS judges get sent on the long walk to bring justice to the lawless.

Of course I don't have all the details worked out but lifetime appointments need to be done away with.

VN Store

Back