Top Gun Maverick

Well Kelly McGinnis is no longer hot so eventhough I don't remember seeing Penny in the first one they had to add her.

This one should still win awards.
Jennifer Connelly is a beautiful lady. She was a fuller figured gal in 1991 in the movie Career Opportunities but has been shrinking ever since. Have to wonder if she’s got the Karen Carpenter thing going. Noticed in this movie she was never in shorts - always loose fitting clothes

Jennifer Connelly is a beautiful lady. She was a fuller figured gal in 1991 in the movie Career Opportunities but has been shrinking ever since. Have to wonder if she’s got the Karen Carpenter thing going. Noticed in this movie she was never in shorts - always loose fitting clothes

Interesting. I like fuller figured vs tooth pick. Age can do that as well. Probably older than we think about.

Reactions: TRUEFANVol
The Rocketeer

1-13.jpg

1655918185942.jpeg
51 years old and way more skinny. The boobage in the rocketeer picture is mostly gone. Again, I can’t help but wonder if there some health issues there?

View attachment 466189
51 years old and way more skinny. The boobage in the rocketeer picture is mostly gone. Again, I can’t help but wonder if there some health issues there?
No health issues. She had breast reduction surgery years back. Couple that with a strict vegan diet, tons of cardio, and this is what you get. Plus the constant Hollywood pressure of needing to be skinny. Cameron Diaz had the same issue. She was gorgeous in The Mask with Jim Carrey when she was a healthy looking, fuller figured woman. Then she lost a ton of weight and just looked haggard after that. I wish actresses wouldnt do that to themselves.

Last edited:
No health issues. She had breast reduction surgery years back. Couple that with a strict vegan diet, tons of cardio, and this is what you get. Plus the constant Hollywood pressure of needing to be skinny. Cameron Diaz had the same issue. She was gorgeous in The Mask with Jim Carrey when she was a healthy looking, fuller figured woman. Then she lost a ton of weight and just looked haggard after that. I wish actresses wouldnt do that to themselves.

This very discussion is the reason they do. No one talks about Tim Cruise aging or being 5’4. But women are picked apart and as you said, the pressure is real.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
This very discussion is the reason they do. No one talks about Tim Cruise aging or being 5’4. But women are picked apart and as you said, the pressure is real.
You just notice the women then as the male actors who drastically change their size are discussed as possibly being sick same as we were doing with Ms Connelly. Christian Bale and what’s his name in the Dallas Buyers Club lost crazy amounts of weight for movies and there was much speculation concerning their health and the same happens when they blimp up. Also, many of the 50+ acting crowd are getting steroided and hgh’ed up to play action roles. Tom Cruise is the constant joke of short jokes. The industry sells appearance so I guess it comes with the territory.

You just notice the women then as the male actors who drastically change their size are discussed as possibly being sick same as we were doing with Ms Connelly. Christian Bale and what’s his name in the Dallas Buyers Club lost crazy amounts of weight for movies and there was much speculation concerning their health and the same happens when they blimp up. Also, many of the 50+ acting crowd are getting steroided and hgh’ed up to play action roles. Tom Cruise is the constant joke of short jokes. The industry sells appearance so I guess it comes with the territory.

Yes but for Bale and Leto it was lauded how they changed their bodies for a role. DiCaprio puts on a gut and it’s a “hot dad bod”.

It’s completely different for women. They lose roles due to their body changing or just aging in general.

Yes but for Bale and Leto it was lauded how they changed their bodies for a role. DiCaprio puts on a gut and it’s a “hot dad bod”.

It’s completely different for women. They lose roles due to their body changing or just aging in general.

Most actors in Hollywood, male and female "age out" so to speak. I look at that as a sort of natural "winnowing out" process. The reason why older actors like Meryl Streep, Robert DeNiro, Al Pachino, Morgan Freeman, Glenn Close, Salley Field, Tom Hanks, Helen Mirren, etc are still around is because they are freaking great actors. The best of the best and deserve the longevity! Meritocracy still counts for something! Its not McCarthyism. Its Jenny McCarthyism!

Reactions: walkenvol
She had a breast reduction several years back. Before it, she had incredible boobs.
She did look very skinny in TGM…. Like unhealthy skinny

saw it a week or so ago. great movie, thoroughly entertained. great call backs to the first movie. but i mean, the real start of the movie......the flying scenes....dude. that was bad as ****. so cool.

This movie was awesome! It was actually better than the original. The black plane Maverick flies in the beginning of the show is some version of the SR-71/72 Blackbird. "Phoenix" Monica Barbaro is hot. Jennifer Connely has always been hot as well.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Sh
No health issues. She had breast reduction surgery years back. Couple that with a strict vegan diet, tons of cardio, and this is what you get. Plus the constant Hollywood pressure of needing to be skinny. Cameron Diaz had the same issue. She was gorgeous in The Mask with Jim Carrey when she was a healthy looking, fuller figured woman. Then she lost a ton of weight and just looked haggard after that. I wish actresses wouldnt do that to themselves.[/QUOTE

She was gorgeous in the mask. That’s when she looked her best

VN Store

Back