Top Gun Maverick

I felt the need, the need for speed, so I watched it at the theater and at home. Gonna wait a month or so and watch both again.

Were either of you born when the first one was released?

Edit: were not we're.

I was around 8 and my parents took me to see it in the theater. Covered my eyes during the love scene LOL. The NES game was a pretty big part of my childhood.

As I’ve gotten older I just dont have a lot of interest in military movies.

Reactions: Behr
I was around 8 and my parents took me to see it in the theater. Covered my eyes during the love scene LOL. The NES game was a pretty big part of my childhood.

As I’ve gotten older I just dont have a lot of interest in military movies.
That NES game was good 🤣

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Watched Top Gun Maverick tonight for the first time at home. Hollywood can't create high quality new movies worth a damn anymore. However, they appear to have become really good at tapping into nostalgia for us old folks that are watching sequels or reboots of movies from the 80's/90's.

Watched Top Gun Maverick tonight for the first time at home. Hollywood can't create high quality new movies worth a damn anymore. However, they appear to have become really good at tapping into nostalgia for us old folks that are watching sequels or reboots of movies from the 80's/90's.
it was a fun ride, nothing more, nothing less.

Between the 2 of you, you've described a great movie in my opinion. Lol.
honestly it was one of the better, if not the best post covid movie ive seen. certainly beats 'Bullet Train' or whatever that bs is.

honestly it was one of the better, if not the best post covid movie ive seen. certainly beats 'Bullet Train' or whatever that bs is.

Just wasn’t until your Michael Bay movie about the runaway ambulance drops.

Just wasn’t until your Michael Bay movie about the runaway ambulance drops.
Whoa whoa, your Bennifer ergo your Michael Bay.

Remember? The whole Team America song? Called that back in like 2000. Back when wearing sunglasss on a lanyard was popular

Dont play coy

Whoa whoa, your Bennifer ergo your Michael Bay.

Remember? The whole Team America song? Called that back in like 2000. Back when wearing sunglasss on a lanyard was popular

Dont play coy

Statute of limitations. UrBae Bay.

I think Red October was better, but Crimson Tide is not far behind. Although, Gene Hackman and Denzell Washington is pretty freaking good leading characters.

It's been awhile since I've seen CT but IIRC I came away thinking it had that "all on one set" dealing with the unknown and consequences of a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits feel. Don't think for a second that's a dig though...I really liked that movie and the Captain/XO conflict with Hackman/Washington was great. Need to watch again actually.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
It's been awhile since I've seen CT but IIRC I came away thinking it had that "all on one set" dealing with the unknown and consequences of a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits feel. Don't think for a second that's a dig though...I really liked that movie and the Captain/XO conflict with Hackman/Washington was great. Need to watch again actually.
It’s definitely a good one . The tension between Hackman and Denzell Washington make the movie.

The only high quality Films or series
now are being produced by the cable networks and/or streaming services.

VN Store

Back