Top Gun Maverick

Quite a bit of snow for Iran.

It does snow in the northern parts of Iran, just not that close to the coast... unless we somehow got a carrier battle group transported into the Caspian Sea.

I think they didn't want the story distracted by this "enemy" or that one just like the first one. Hence, it was never mentioned as being a specific place.

It does snow in the northern parts of Iran, just not that close to the coast... unless we somehow got a carrier battle group transported into the Caspian Sea.

I think they didn't want the story distracted by this "enemy" or that one just like the first one. Hence, it was never mentioned as being a specific place.
Agreed, and I'm glad I don't care.

Yes I said the story was really about the pilots. But it did take me out of it during the whole the whole climax I was thinking, wouldn’t this be an international event that would spark a full blown war?

In the 80s it was easy to hand wave it as “commies”. Mostly we get generic middle eastern terrorists today but they generally don’t have advanced weaponry unless it was provided by Stark Industries 😝

Just rewatched the original. One of the pilots says in class "this is getting me hard" and his co-pilot says "don't tease me." What the hell was that? Were they explicitly telling us they are gay or is it just wildass dialogue?

Reactions: ENGRVOL
Just rewatched the original. One of the pilots says in class "this is getting me hard" and his co-pilot says "don't tease me." What the hell was that? Were they explicitly telling us they are gay or is it just wildass dialogue?

Tom cruise doesn’t nail Kelly when he goes over to her house. He just showers and leaves. Next seen she is in she is dressed like a dude with her hair up in a hat. Basically she is trying to look like a dude to get him.

Whole movie is metaphor for him fighting his gay side lol..

Reminds me of one of the best honest trailers making fun of the movie

Reactions: joevol33
7/10 - was exciting in parts and the throwbacks were neat. I got chills at the opening credits.

The unbelievable ending was hard to look past.

Agree with others, this needs to be seen on the big screen. I will go see it again if I can find an IMAX showing, otherwise once is enough.

I usually don't give a movie a 5/5 but this came close.

I give it a 4.5/5.

I think it's better than the original. Due to the years since the first film it doesn't play like your typical sequel and is enhanced by the backstory of the original film.

You could never have seen the original and still enjoy this one as it's on thing

My sentiment exactly. This is a ladies movie to enjoy as well because there is a nostalgia to the storyline. The realtime timelapse just makes everything about this movie well thought out even the real life health issues.

I don't know enough about planes/military to notice that.

I was so excited about them bringing in Penny Benjamin and was looking forward to that story. That was a big let down for me.

And I was expecting a little more from the Maverick/Rooster story too.

I still loved it, just wish there had been a little more to those 2 stories

Well Kelly McGinnis is no longer hot so eventhough I don't remember seeing Penny in the first one they had to add her.

This one should still win awards.

VN Store

Back