'24 TN DL Carson Gentle (Tennessee)

I am going to closely follow all of our big boned 3 Star guys from this class. Especially this guy who I think was our first to jump on board. Watched him in the state PLAYOFFS and was impressed. Wrestlers intrigue me with the whole leverage and quick hands thing, on both sides of the ball. Endurance is usually there too.

Getting 4 Stars is good, getting undervalued 3 Stars can really make a class. Some are late bloomers and won’t be early contributors, but CAN still have high ceilings. Gotta admit the younger Heard at 6’9” is an oddity, but overall I like the risk/reward potential for our lower star guys.
Heard is up to 6-9 now? Last I saw was 6-8.

That’s a really really tall DT. It’ll be interesting to see where he lands and how he develops.

He'd have to focus on eating more and strength training instead of wrestling. It's hard as hell to put on much weight during wrestling season unless it's bad weight. Wrestling practice would have basically started for him right after the state championship football game.
It did. Read an article in the chattanoogan he was at practice Monday after the state title game.

Heard is up to 6-9 now? Last I saw was 6-8.

That’s a really really tall DT. It’ll be interesting to see where he lands and how he develops.
Think that is what I read on one of the sites. But I am old.

edited to add.

Checked one says 6’7” one 6’8” and rivals says 6’9”.

Last edited:
Title IX. Program was disbanded after the 1988 season... even though UT had a NCAA champ (Chris Edmond) in 85.

McCallie defeated Baylor for the first time in 19 years last nite.
What is the story on Cooper Gentle, Carson's brother? Article list him as competing in 215 weight class.

Reactions: SoilVol

View attachment 615843

Carson’s dad. It was a joke at BOT expense. Ha ha.

VN Store

Back