'18 TN DE Emmitt Gooden (Tennessee signee)

True except for Palo Duro..I grew up on the Llano Estacado in Pampa. One of my dad's friends used to say that it was getting late on the seventh day when God got around to the panhandle, so he just said.."Meh..let's just throw some grass on it, nobody will ever want to come out here in the middle of nowhere anyway". 😁

I can agree there, Palo Duro is an amazing little spot in an otherwise highly forgettable part of the country.

Reactions: 1 person
North Texas and nice scenery do not belong in the same sentence. :lolabove:

I think he means the area when you get east of Big Springs, not the panhandle, but that area is still blech. It is just less blech than the Permian basin and Llano estacado areas.

I think he means the area when you get east of Big Springs, not the panhandle, but that area is still blech. It is just less blech than the Permian basin and Llano estacado areas.

funny little story about Palo Duro

We were driving around hiking here and there and we came across a stream that ran over the road. A family had set up their picnic there. However their idea of fun was to have the boys, pre-teen age I'd say, lay on both sides of the road as the mom in their minivan gunned it down the hill and hydroplaned over the stream to splash them only to drive back up to do it again.

We got back in our vehicle pretty quick and got out of there before one of those kids' heads was smashed like a pumpkin.

funny little story about Palo Duro

We were driving around hiking here and there and we came across a stream that ran over the road. A family had set up their picnic there. However their idea of fun was to have the boys, pre-teen age I'd say, lay on both sides of the road as the mom in their minivan gunned it down the hill and hydroplaned over the stream to splash them only to drive back up to do it again.

We got back in our vehicle pretty quick and got out of there before one of those kids' heads was smashed like a pumpkin.

Lol..sometimes a bunch of kids would line up on both sides of the road there when the river was flowing and wait for cars to go by.

I drove from Valdosta, Ga to North Pole, Ak twice, I had much rather do that drive than drive across Texas!

Ive done the drive from Tennessee to AK and back and also AK to St. Louis. Taken the ferry in Britsh Columbia a couple of times too. And yes you are right its still better than driving across Texas.

Anybody else notice in the final scenes of this season’s Last Chance U when Emmit and CJB are posing with the UT hat on signing day... Emmit says, “GBO, Pruitt era, baby.” Then CJB says “hope he don’t ***** you.”?

Having watched a whole Season of Jason Brown speaking, I think I got a pretty good idea of the intricacies of his peculiar dialect.

In this case, “hope he don’t f*** you” probably best translates to “I wish you the best in your future endeavors with coach Pruitt.”

Reactions: 3 people
I am laughing my ass off at the thought of Jason Brown and Jeremy Pruitt having a conversation. 😂

I've followed 80 from central pa, to Wyoming, south down 25 then back east on 70, lead was looking tasty by the time I hit Pittsburgh.
Edit: stupid thumb quotes wrong post, sorry.

Anybody else notice in the final scenes of this season’s Last Chance U when Emmit and CJB are posing with the UT hat on signing day... Emmit says, “GBO, Pruitt era, baby.” Then CJB says “hope he don’t ***** you.”?

I did. Funny in the context of show. Should’ve been last chance F U U

That was probably referring back to the talk he gave to one of the kids saying the coaches weren't there to **** them. Didn't he tell Gooden a few times "you always *** me!"?

I don't think he was referring to Pruitt, specifically.

Omg this is golden. Coach in hot tube talking about, I ain't watched film, it's not about xs and os but the Jimmy and Joe's. Goes out first game and getting smoked, negative yards, etc. So the players want to call plays, come out after halftime and some what pull it together

Amazing

Last edited:
Omg this is golden. Coach in hot tube talking about, I don't watched film, it's not about xs and os but the Jimmy and Joe's. Goes out first game and getting smoked, negative yards, etc. So the players want to call players, come out after halftime and some wher pull it together.

Amazing

Attachments

• 013BE890-65DC-4F03-97E7-A0DE07CAF506.jpg
    013BE890-65DC-4F03-97E7-A0DE07CAF506.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3
Omg this is golden. Coach in hot tube talking about, I ain't watched film, it's not about xs and os but the Jimmy and Joe's. Goes out first game and getting smoked, negative yards, etc. So the players want to call plays, come out after halftime and some what pull it together

Amazing

Wut

VN Store

Back