'18 TN DE Emmitt Gooden (Tennessee signee)

I love the mountainous part of west Texas. I want to take my wife on a trip to Big Bend, Guadalupe mountains, and Carlsbad Caverns National Parks.

Just finished LCU. Emmit seems like a good kid from a good family. Productive player. I don't worry at all about the penalties at a JUCO where his coach commands little discipline or respect of his team.

Just finished LCU. Emmit seems like a good kid from a good family. Productive player. I don't worry at all about the penalties at a JUCO where his coach commands little discipline or respect of his team.

i do worry about his class work though after the show.

i do worry about his class work though after the show.

He got in. Thornton Center got it the rest of the way. Independence didn’t really even have an academic counselor...onions to apples.

Hey to each their own. I prefer Alpine if we are talking south Texas.

Alpine is a nice town. Really good Mexican restaurant there in a residential area, La Casita.

But do NOT stay at the motel that's right on the railroad tracks, unless you like being woken up in the middle of the night. :thud:

That's a tough drive. It really sucks going through oil country. Once you get up into North Texas though, the scenery is a lot nicer, making the drive a whole lot better.

Try going el Paso back to Tennessee, 10,20,30,to 40, worst drive ever.

Anybody else notice in the final scenes of this season’s Last Chance U when Emmit and CJB are posing with the UT hat on signing day... Emmit says, “GBO, Pruitt era, baby.” Then CJB says “hope he don’t ***** you.”?

anybody else notice in the final scenes of this season’s last chance u when emmit and cjb are posing with the ut hat on signing day... Emmit says, “gbo, pruitt era, baby.” then cjb says “hope he don’t ***** you.”?

cjb?

Did that stretch both ways one summer. Wife’s parents were renewing their vows after 50 years, so we drove from DFW to El Paso...attended...then drove to Crossville from there via your route. It’s actually faster to take 20 across LA, MS and into AL then heading north.

That's a tough drive. It really sucks going through oil country. Once you get up into North Texas though, the scenery is a lot nicer, making the drive a whole lot better.

North Texas and nice scenery do not belong in the same sentence. :lolabove:

Reactions: 2 people
I drove from San Antonio 4 hours West to Iraan to deer hunt 3 different times. The best part of the drive was the speed limit being 80. Driving across the entire length of Kansas to Denver on 70 was the worst drive I've ever been on though.

Reactions: 1 person
I drove from San Antonio 4 hours West to Iraan to deer hunt 3 different times. The best part of the drive was the speed limit being 80. Driving across the entire length of Kansas to Denver on 70 was the worst drive I've ever been on though.

I live in Kansas City now and you're 100% correct. It's the worst drive ever to Denver or any other stretch of highway. Flyover state to the fullest.

North Texas and nice scenery do not belong in the same sentence. :lolabove:

True except for Palo Duro..I grew up on the Llano Estacado in Pampa. One of my dad's friends used to say that it was getting late on the seventh day when God got around to the panhandle, so he just said.."Meh..let's just throw some grass on it, nobody will ever want to come out here in the middle of nowhere anyway". 😁

Reactions: 1 person

I hear ya. I drove to/from San Diego and Knoxville at least twice a year for 9 years, until our nasty old hound kicked the bucket. Long Long Long drive on 8, 10, 20, 30, and 40. Drove it in 2 days a couple times, but usually 3 days each way. Now its 6 hours an a plane.

VN Store

Back