'18 TN DE Emmitt Gooden (Tennessee signee)

So binged the entire last chance U and is anyone mildly concerened with the fact that Gooden had so many personal fouls and “models his game after Suh” ? I love the intensity but that coupled with how he even qualified are at least mildly concerning. Good watch though . Malik was a train wreck.

So binged the entire last chance U and is anyone mildly concerened with the fact that Gooden had so many personal fouls and “models his game after Suh” ? I love the intensity but that coupled with how he even qualified are at least mildly concerning. Good watch though . Malik was a train wreck.
Nope.

Yup. Also made me think of Big Al during his time with Titans. Sure he'd make a sack for a 7-8 yd loss, but then turn around and get a 15 yd PF on a critical 3rd down. Guess we're pretty thin at Dline, so we gotta roll the dice.

Oh I agree he is worth the risk and still a take. Should be fun to watch how it plays out. Very cool to get a personal look into a recruit like that.

Last edited:
I'm sure he will get at least one. And I'm even more sure if he does, Tracy Rocker and Pruitt will jointly bury his ass.

Pretty easy to be a hot head and put your emotions before winning (or your teammates) when that's exactly what your bush league head coach does. I'm sure a culture with some accountability will cut down on his problems.

But yeah. He's gonna get at least one for sure.

I don’t, I would rather have a guy who will play hard and probably get a 15yrd a few times than a soft, nice guy in the trenches. I think he played better and better as the year went on. There are a few guys on that show that were cancerous. Malik was the biggest tumor on that show. So glad he won’t be back next season

Not so much the suh part. Personally fouls can be concerning if the way show portrayed them is accurate. They weren't from being aggressive. They all seemed like dumb and avoidable. My concern from show was he seemed to only play hard when he felt like it. It's a show though so they can make things appear however they want

Not so much the suh part. Personally fouls can be concerning if the way show portrayed them is accurate. They weren't from being aggressive. They all seemed like dumb and avoidable. My concern from show was he seemed to only play hard when he felt like it. It's a show though so they can make things appear however they want

I voiced my concerns a week or so ago on this--- I agree that he is in a completely different system and what goes along with a D-1 school, the only real question mark now is that if he makes it in the classroom to come back next year.

I voiced my concerns a week or so ago on this--- I agree that he is in a completely different system and what goes along with a D-1 school, the only real question mark now is that if he makes it in the classroom to come back next year.

He has tremendously better resources here to succeed academically than he did at ICC.

Absolutely, but there is a point to where those elite resources can only do so much...
Technically I agree with you but this is one place where UT excels. They will help him do well enough to stay on the field and go get his money. He just has to earn it on the field.

Reactions: SugarCC
Just like we can thank Doofus for the VFL program, we can thank Lyle the Intern for the Athletics Student Life Center. Goes to show that even a broken clock is right twice a day
We were in deep crap academically...now the complete opposite. Lot more rights than two in that department. To Pruitt’s credit, he didn’t even sniff in that direction when making the changes he needed to make.

JFC... so the Gooden thing is legit?

DL is arguably right behind QB as the one position we can't afford a single injury. Especially not to someone like Gooden - who was our most experienced and steadiest returning guy.

I don't recall if he was a three for two or if this year was his hard and fast final year - but if so hopefully he can apply for a medical hardship.

• Hopefully Solomon gets positive news soon.
  • Hopefully Emerson continues to impress, as his early camp reports have indicated he has started to.
  • Hopefully Kingston Harris develops - Ive seen his name pop up a couple times in practice recaps.
  • Hopefully our JUCO guys come in ready. Early reports are Savion looks ready but has been swimming upstream in practices (big change from where he came from to here). Also read where Middleton was in with the ones last night for a bit (with EG and AB).
  • Hopefully the staff can convince Kurott Garland to stick around. He's a big body in year two of the program. Might be reading into Pruitts comments but I at least got the impression he didn't want Garland to leave, with how he answered the question the other day.
  • Hopefully Elijah Simmons can give us a solid 7-10 snaps a game.
  • Probably biggest of all - hopefully our offense and run game steps up this year, eating up TOP,

JFC... so the Gooden thing is legit?

DL is arguably right behind QB as the one position we can't afford a single injury. Especially not to someone like Gooden - who was our most experienced and steadiest returning guy.

I don't recall if he was a three for two or if this year was his hard and fast final year - but if so hopefully he can apply for a medical hardship.

• Hopefully Solomon gets positive news soon.
  • Hopefully Emerson continues to impress, as his early camp reports have indicated he has started to.
  • Hopefully Kingston Harris develops - Ive seen his name pop up a couple times in practice recaps.
  • Hopefully our JUCO guys come in ready. Early reports are Savion looks ready but has been swimming upstream in practices (big change from where he came from to here). Also read where Middleton was in with the ones last night for a bit (with EG and AB).
  • Hopefully the staff can convince Kurott Garland to stick around. He's a big body in year two of the program. Might be reading into Pruitts comments but I at least got the impression he didn't want Garland to leave, with how he answered the question the other day.
  • Hopefully Elijah Simmons can give us a solid 7-10 snaps a game.
  • Probably biggest of all - hopefully our offense and run game steps up this year, eating up TOP,
He’s the only person tweeting about this. I’ll wait for Pruitt to say something

VN Store

Back