Third down let’s go!

Nothing wrong with rap. I'm nearly 60 and like some of it. What I don't like is my ears ringing before the game starts. Turn that **** DOWN!

There is a lot wrong with rap. But for lefty to say all of it is stupid is silly. I'm fine with turning we the keys over to The Pride when it comes to music in Neyland. It's on the fans if The Pride can't get it done.

Reactions: 1 person
Rap is stupid. Period. Like you, I can appreciate talented musicians and good music across a wide spectrum of genres and time frames. Rappers aren't talented musicians. Let's be honest, what percentage of the crowd prefer rap and enjoy that sideshow? I bet it's waaaay below 50%.

Yea I guess classical poets were not talented either. Rap is just poetry set to music. Sorry it isn't about subjects you care to hear about. It doesn't diminish the talent needed. Some are more talented than others just like any creative field.

Stop being jealous of more talented people who get paid well to do what they enjoy.

I agree on both would like third down for what to come back

Third Down for What? Was a good play on words.

Neyland doesn't need a 3rd down song against quality opponents. Against scrubs? Maybe.

Getting loud for the gumps is automatic. Not so much for the Vandies of the SEC or other gimme OC games.

There is a difference between Oklahoma and North Texas.

As previously mentioned I was at the Kentucky game Saturday. For basketball they have a hype guy who grabs a microphone and runs on the court yelling at the crowd. It felt amateur.

My only suggestion is know when and when not to play whatever the song is. See this seasons Uga game.

Ya'll realize that this "rap crap" and piped in music is for the students and players? You know, the people the university is for. :blink:

Yea I guess classical poets were not talented either. Rap is just poetry set to music. Sorry it isn't about subjects you care to hear about. It doesn't diminish the talent needed. Some are more talented than others just like any creative field.

Stop being jealous of more talented people who get paid well to do what they enjoy.

Jealousy and talent, here we go. I guess you have all of your kindergartner's art framed and displayed for sale at the local galleries?

Reactions: 3 people
Can anyone put my mind at ease and tell me if Coach Pruitt will do away with the third down nonsense? If you like that crap then more power to you,but I think it and the other piped in too loud music sucks. Bash away.:salute:

Alabama does "3rd down for What" now. It isn't for you it is for the players and to get it loud for the 3rd down stop. Don't associate it with Butch Jones, it is a culturally relevant thing, not something Butch created!

I never can understand what the DJ is yelling into the PA system. If we completely did away with the loud ass piped in hip hop crap, I would be ecstatic. If we are winning games, we don't need all of the circus theatrics!

Alabama Says hi! They do it too!
and Georgia, Florida, Need I go on?

Alabama does "3rd down for What" now. It isn't for you it is for the players and to get it loud for the 3rd down stop. Don't associate it with Butch Jones, it is a culturally relevant thing, not something Butch created!

When you are the NATIONAL CHAMPION, you can do almost anything. When you are the worst in the SEC, having had your ass handed to you game after game, to include record setting ass kickings at home (our asses), then maybe we shouldn't try to act like we are the national champs! If we win the naty this year, and the decision to pipe in "gansta rap" for the entire game is made, hell! I'll live with, but win the naty first!!!:hi:

Last edited:
When you are the NATIONAL CHAMPION, you can do almost anything. When you are the worst in the SEC, having had your ass handed to you game after game, to include record setting ass kickings at home (our asses), then maybe we shouldn't try to act like we are the national champs! If we win the naty this year, and the decision to pipe in "gansta rap" for the entire game is made, he'll I'll live with, but win the naty first!!!

It's been "3rd down for Why" this year. God help us field a better team. :p

VN Store

Back