Third down let’s go!

Just get rid of that stupid HS circle rotation as part of the pregame...

I actually love that. Wish they would double or triple the size of the drum line. It's the kids, the drums, and excitement! No piped in anything.

Can anyone put my mind at ease and tell me if Coach Pruitt will do away with the third down nonsense? If you like that crap then more power to you,but I think it and the other piped in too loud music sucks. Bash away.:salute:

Yes please make it go away. NO music other than what the Pride of plays.....
And while we are at..............Sideline DJ go away :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
I hate the piped in noise. Especially the sub-woofer bass. When I go to Knoxville, I stay at my two sons apartment in Fort Sanders on the sofa. The apartment below them has subs blasting late into the night. The pots and pans in the kitchen rattle. Don't misunderstand - sleeping on a sofa on a Friday and/or a Saturday night in a college apartment - comes with the turf - I get that. But then to wake up, go to the game and all that bass in the stadium. I really think crowd noise is much more effective than piped in noise. Other team can sense a true hostile environment.

I actually thought I hated "third down for what" until I heard "letsgoletsgoletsgo". That just sucked.

Reactions: 5 people
The made up Third down song was embarrassing. The problem I had with the Third Down for What was they started it too late or played too long then crowd was dancing around and not getting loud for the play.

One of the problems with the "third down for what" was that the idiot playing it wasn't quite aware of (as butch would call it) "situational football". When the other team is in the victory formation and there is 30 seconds left, you don't try to rally the fan base at that point. THAT is embarrassing.

Reactions: 1 person
Regardless if I was attending the game or watching on TV, nothing made me cringe more than "Third down let's go!" Or "Third down for what!"

Coaches, including Pruitt, will do anything that the players really like to get the adrenaline flowing and the kids pumped up and playing better.

It's really not about the fans and all about the players.

When Neyland gets really rocking our players love it and get really fired up too.

Then the fans and players feed off of each other as long as we fans keep it going.

That's 1 of the big reasons that kids come to play in Neyland.

I hate the rap crap and some other stuff but if that gets our Vols fired up and we get more WINS then I can live with it.

I'd really like to see our Pride band get a couple of things organised with our fans instead of just piped in noise.

I love the term of Big Orange Swarm for our D because swarming to the ball is what our D is supposed to do.

Everyone knows the trumpet thing that goes da da da da da daaaa...CHARGE.

Instead of Charge, the band plays that as our D is coming on the field and the fans scream SWARM!!!

Again right before 3rd down the band plays that and the fans scream SWARM and then goes nuts and gets as loud as possible so we try to mess of the other teams 3rd down play.

I think our D would get pumped hearing everyone in Neyland screaming SWARM after the trumpets or entire brass section plays that entro.

We could do the same thing when we do a kickoff or a punt or on those 2 things we could change SWARM for something like SMASH!!!

Just a thought to get the players pumped and our fans and Pride of the Southland working together to add more energy into the game.

VFL...GBO!!!

I hate the piped in noise. Especially the sub-woofer bass. When I go to Knoxville, I stay at my two sons apartment in Fort Sanders on the sofa. The apartment below them has subs blasting late into the night. The pots and pans in the kitchen rattle. Don't misunderstand - sleeping on a sofa on a Friday and/or a Saturday night in a college apartment - comes with the turf - I get that. But then to wake up, go to the game and all that bass in the stadium. I really think crowd noise is much more effective than piped in noise. Other team can sense a true hostile environment.

I actually thought I hated "third down for what" until I heard "letsgoletsgoletsgo". That just sucked.

Ear plugs FTW.

Coaches, including Pruitt, will do anything that the players really like to get the adrenaline flowing and the kids pumped up and playing better.

When Neyland gets really rocking our players love it and get really fired up too.

Then the fans and players feed off of each other as long as we fans keep it going.

I hate the rap crap and some other stuff but if that gets our Vols fired up and we get more WINS then I can live with it.

I'd really like to see our Pride band get a couple of things organised with our fans instead of just piped in noise.

I love the term of Big Orange Swarm for our D because swarming to the ball is what our D is supposed to do.

Instead of Charge, the band plays that as our D is coming on the field and the fans scream SWARM!!!

Again right before 3rd down the band plays that and the fans scream SWARM and then goes nuts and gets as loud as possible so we try to mess of the other teams 3rd down play.

I think our D would get pumped hearing everyone in Neyland screaming SWARM after the trumpets or entire brass section plays that entro.

We could do the same thing when we do a kickoff or a punt or on those 2 things we could change SWARM for something like SMASH!!!

Just a thought to get the players pumped and our fans and Pride of the Southland working together to add more energy into the game.

VFL...GBO!!!

Way too much thought into this. We are truly in the off season doldrums!

Too many are just dancing (players included) and wait until the song ends to get loud (most the fans have their fingers in their ears until the song ends). Let the players focus on the game and the fans get loud to disrupt the other team. Replace rap crap with .. A wall of noise.....rocky top Thunder

Again... i dont think you speak for the majority and its not really for you

VFL...GBO!!!

You want the FANZ into the game.......I have a novel idea....... Get these young men into weight room, coach them, put them in positions to be successful and the rest will take care of itself.

Lets be honest here, there wasn't ENUF or ANY Type of music that would have gotten the 60K left in the stands last year to do much yellin!!!:hi:

And by the by.........when the players are waiving there arms to get the fanz involved.....that AINT a good sign IMHO

There are a lot of old farts in here. Lmao! Have any of you ever considered that the students and players like the music? Newsflash, we do.

There are a lot of old farts in here. Lmao! Have any of you ever considered that the students and players like the music? Newsflash, we do.

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

YES I am an old FART.
And left to you youngins we would be having a parade and handing out Champion of Life Trophies to each player on the Team........last year.

Newsflash..............Music doesn't Win!! :hi:

Reactions: 5 people
Again... i dont think you speak for the majority and its not really for you

A lot of us here fully realize we may not speak for the majority; but since Vol fans come in all ages and from varied backgrounds, why would you assume you represent or even know what the majority thinks?

I personally hated “third down for what” and that “let’s go” bs this year was annoying too. You wanna get the crowd going and give our players some support, all you gotta do is ring the hells bells bell for third down. That gets everyone fired up. Also, went to the basketball game last night and noticed how big of a sideshow it’s become. Every timeout was a game show. Too much imo. The only thing I saw that I wish they would put more emphasis on was the swag surfin. The student section nailed it. I wish everyone in TBA would get involved. Would be cool to see in neyland too.

Pruitt will do away with anything that Butch Jones did. The only thing that's safe is the VFL. I think Dooley started the VFL.

My thoughts towards the VFL concept. Apparently it was initiated by Dooley? I wasn’t aware of that but good for him.

I love the VFL concept and think the university should adopt it. That type of pride would go a long way towards increasing donations to the University, creating more opportunities for all of the Alumni, boosting the economy of Knoxville and improving the quality of life for existing and future alumni. No Vol left behind sort of thing. Maybe there’s the slogan.

I also think that it would unite the rest of the student body with the student athletes. For too long of a time, there has been a separation there.

I understand the “reasons”. But this would be a solution to many things. For the athletics department to bring the VFL to the rest of the student body would probably be an unprecedented concept, huge move for our beloved AD and open up the sky for possibilities.

The reality is the rest of the student body could learn a lot from athletes and coaches. It takes great focus to make it even to that stage and beyond. The principles these kids are taught are applicable to life. Many of us never had that “coach”. I’m by no means saying I am underpriviliged but this type of program would certainly be a privilege and a draw to the University if done right.

Last edited:
Title belt and spiked shoulder pads.....meh.

We need a big-ass chainsaw for an award/reward for the player that saws thru the most opposing offensive players.

...and they gave Marcel the beer joint!

“3rd Down for What” was pretty funny and pumped up the crowed.

This garbage bo-bo brand thing they are playing now is awful.

I absolutely despise the third down let's go thing but they didn't really ask for my opinion.

Just do the bagpipe portion of this classic in a loop! :rock:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/-sUXMzkh-jI[/youtube]

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

YES I am an old FART.
And left to you youngins we would be having a parade and handing out Champion of Life Trophies to each player on the Team........last year.

Newsflash..............Music doesn't Win!! :hi:

Just remember, it wasn’t a youngin that awarded anybody the champion of life title. That was old fart Butch. :hi:

“3rd Down for What” was pretty funny and pumped up the crowed.

This garbage bo-bo brand thing they are playing now is awful.

Loved it. Kept hearing Chapelle doing Little John in my head every time it played.

Whaaaat?

Yeeeeeaaaahhhh!

VN Store

Back