Third down let’s go!

It seems many fans are waiting for the "Third down song." to start before they get loud on third downs.

Get loud!

Too many are just dancing (players included) and wait until the song ends to get loud (most the fans have their fingers in their ears until the song ends). Let the players focus on the game and the fans get loud to disrupt the other team. Replace rap crap with .. A wall of noise.....rocky top Thunder

Reactions: 2 people
It seems many fans are waiting for the "Third down song." to start before they get loud on third downs.

The problem I have with that is, we should all be going bananas starting on 1st down and then a "Third down song." becomes unnecessary.

Go Vols!

Get loud!
If the defensive play warrants it Neyland typically does get loud.

Maybe we can have the player that gets the turnover run to midfield and kick the ball into the stands. The kids seem to like that as well. ;)

I am so thankful we don't have cowbells or sirens or big bells. I would probably have to watch with the sound off, listening to the chili serenade.

Reactions: 1 person
If they need noise then keep it in state. Record and pipe in a top fuel dragster at full throttle at Bristol Dragway. It's as loud as it gets.

Reactions: 4 people
I never can understand what the DJ is yelling into the PA system. If we completely did away with the loud ass piped in hip hop crap, I would be ecstatic. If we are winning games, we don't need all of the circus theatrics!

Reactions: 5 people
You mean like the title belt bama has or like the spiked shoulder pads UGA has? Reality is most teams have those things, because the players like it. They take pride in winning those rewards.

Title belt and spiked shoulder pads.....meh.

We need a big-ass chainsaw for an award/reward for the player that saws thru the most opposing offensive players.

If they need noise then keep it in state. Record and pipe in a top fuel dragster at full throttle at Bristol Dragway. It's as loud as it gets.

Or play a game at bristol while a race is going on. Could get interesting.

Well I will say that Third Down For What was acceptable,but that like anything else gets old after a while. But last years thing was embarrassing.

It was pretty good. But the problem was that it was played on EVERY 3rd down. When it's 3rd and a 1/2 yard, then the odds of a stop are slim to none. A hype song starts getting really annoying and weak. On more than one occasion an opponent had 2-3 3rd and shorts converted on a single drive. That weakens enthusiasm.

We need someone running the .mp3 machine that has a little situational awareness if your going to depend on such gimmicks.

I hope on day one, CP gets his hands on every copy, printed, electric, painted, etc. of jones's "game day charts" and burns them down by the river!!!!

Anything but cow bells!

The people who hate the piped in garbage could retaliate with cowbells to drown it out, or the sensible solution could be to get rid of the garbage, avoid the cowbells, and let the band and crowd do their thing.

My guess is CJP will not care at all about slogans or marketing.
He is all about the x and o’s and jimmies and joes.

The made up Third down song was embarrassing. The problem I had with the Third Down for What was they started it too late or played too long then crowd was dancing around and not getting loud for the play.

It will be replaced by:

"3rd Down A I G H T!!!!"

1794091892988823792.jpg

gotta have me one of those...:thumbsup:

GO VOLS!

Too many are just dancing (players included) and wait until the song ends to get loud (most the fans have their fingers in their ears until the song ends). Let the players focus on the game and the fans get loud to disrupt the other team. Replace rap crap with .. A wall of noise.....rocky top Thunder

I agree some do it wrong.

I got your Rocky Top Thunder. Brian Johnson style.

Last edited:
Get rid of all the gimmicks. Just get back to playing tough, hard nosed football. Enough of silly songs, slogans, etc.

Reactions: 3 people
If the defensive play warrants it Neyland typically does get loud.

Against quality opponents Neyland rocks. Against "lesser" teams the crowd seems to expect domination without getting loud.

It seems the players feed off the excitement generated from Neyland going bananas.

VN Store

Back