The Weightlifters Thread

Hahaha

2.jpg

I decided against Neurocore. I just can't bring myself to spend my money on a Muscletech product. Poured through a bunch of reviews on bodybuilding.com and ordered C4 by Cellucor. Just got it in the mail.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

right now all I do is drink a protein mix or an isopure after my workouts. if I feel like I need a boost before-hand I drink a turbotea which has 90mg of caffeine.

whats the deal with these pre-workout mixes, particularly creatine? pros and cons? do you all think it's an important component to your workouts? Is 330mg of caffeine safe?

right now all I do is drink a protein mix or an isopure after my workouts. if I feel like I need a boost before-hand I drink a turbotea which has 90mg of caffeine.

whats the deal with these pre-workout mixes, particularly creatine? pros and cons? do you all think it's an important component to your workouts? Is 330mg of caffeine safe?

A quality PWO is a great addition to any workout, cardio, sports, or weights. They didn't used to be all that, but there are several quality ones out now.

330mg of caffeine is safe if you have caffeine as a part of your normal diet. I cycle completely off of caffeine every 6 months to avoid building a tolerance. The headaches the first couple of days are a motherfather!

Creatine is a natural product that can be supplemented in various forms. I don't get into debates about which one is best because there just isn't enough science to say conclusively. That still doesn't stop some meatheads from bashing every form other than the one that they take. It's pretty comical sometimes.

You should just try one.

PWO's are a great source of energy, but ideally I look for one that helps me attain a pump. That's the point of lifting, so I try to get my pump as soon as I can and maintain it throughout the routine.

PWO's are a great source of energy, but ideally I look for one that helps me attain a pump. That's the point of lifting, so I try to get my pump as soon as I can and maintain it throughout the routine.

What do you mean pump?

A quality PWO is a great addition to any workout, cardio, sports, or weights. They didn't used to be all that, but there are several quality ones out now.

330mg of caffeine is safe if you have caffeine as a part of your normal diet. I cycle completely off of caffeine every 6 months to avoid building a tolerance. The headaches the first couple of days are a motherfather!

Creatine is a natural product that can be supplemented in various forms. I don't get into debates about which one is best because there just isn't enough science to say conclusively. That still doesn't stop some meatheads from bashing every form other than the one that they take. It's pretty comical sometimes.

You should just try one.

Does creatine just provide more water-weight mass? or does it actually build muscle? I've read that you have to drink a lot of water with it.

Does creatine just provide more water-weight mass? or does it actually build muscle? I've read that you have to drink a lot of water with it.

That's the knock on monohydrate. I never had that problem. My problem with monohydrate was cramps, esp after a hard leg workout.

I still use monohydrate when its included in a PWO, but its not a large enough dose to matter. I supplement with Krealkalyn.

Like cumming, huh?

So PWOs do that for you?

No :), but they (certain ones) help me get the blood flow going. I've had at least decent results with Jack3d, Neurocore, and Hyper shock. A lot of people swear by NOXplode, but it didn't work for me.

And the pump is the second greatest natural sensation you can experience, IMO. It may be an acquired taste, but I'm now addicted.

The two big areas of pre-workout mixes are causing vasodilation, which increases blood flow and "pump" that Arnold was talking about in that video. This is definitely possible to create through structuring your diet. The second part you mentioned, creatine, is one of the few body building/athletic supplements that actually has robust research behind it. Long story short, taking creatine monohydrate or a kre-alkalyn prior to your workout is more or less proven to increase muscle activity for short bursts (30-60 seconds) over the span of about an hour or so.

The advice I usually give to any clients (informal ones for the time being) is that it is very possible to structure their diets so that they won't need anything besides perhaps a multivitamin, and can achieve the same things as supplements. But, if you want, a nitric-creatine blend preworkout mix, possibly with a CMH or kre-alkalyn and protein shakes really form the foundation of supplements.

Above all, though, diet is paramount, following by what you do in the gym. Without those two things in place, you're wasting your money on supplements.

thanks. My diet is pretty good. I guess I can give it a shot and see how I feel. although, I normally don't drink much caffeine. is there a good one that doesn't have a ton of it?

Last edited:
A few companies actually make caffeine-free alternatives. Check out BodyBuilding.com, pretty robust supplements info there.

thanks. My diet is pretty good. I guess I can give it a shot and see how I feel. although, I normally don't drink much caffeine. is there a good one that doesn't have a ton of it?

Some PWO are non stimulant, so they won't have caffeine. You just have to research a bit and find something that fits your criteria.

The water weight is in your muscles & yes it helps build muscle. It helps keep your muscles from fatiguing as quick which helps you get more out of your workout. The only type I can say works for sure is plain old creatine monohydrate taken before & after a workout. Others may work but most are just gimmicks.

CMH works but promotes more water retention, which is what some look for with weight gains. Most kre-alkalyns do not. Your choice.

Depends on what you're looking to do. If you're looking for weight gains, yes. If you're looking to drop lbs and cut, no.

CMH works but promotes more water retention, which is what some look for with weight gains. Most kre-alkalyns do not. Your choice.

JMO but the water retention is in part what makes creatine monohydrate work. I've tried the other plain forms & they didn't seem to work at all but tasted nasty as hell. The mixed powders are overpriced junk but that's Jmo also.

Last edited:
so which is better? is more water retention good?

The water retention is blown way out of proportion. It's not like you hold 30lbs of water & get all pudgy. Like I said it's you're muscles that retain water. More than anything you will have more endurance & feel stronger.

VN Store

Back