The Weightlifters Thread

What's ya'lls favorite chocolate protein shake recipe?

I've been doing a scoop of ON Platinum Hydrobuilder, a tablespoon of milled flaxseed for Omega-3's (get milled because your body can't digest whole), and I've started adding hemp seed as well. Mix it with some skim milk.

As long as we're posting pics....6' 2" 194 lbs, and 11% body fat when this pic was taken 2 weeks ago:

293568_10100152105516299_17804899_43822160_1421005662_n.jpg

I remember seeing one of those in Oceanside when I was in the marine corps. It had went out of business so I never had a chance to check it out.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I've been doing a scoop of ON Platinum Hydrobuilder, a tablespoon of milled flaxseed for Omega-3's (get milled because your body can't digest whole), and I've started adding hemp seed as well. Mix it with some skim milk.

What's the hemp seed for?

What's the hemp seed for?

Hemp seed is an amazing source of amino acids. It contains all of the essential AA's. 3 table spoons also adds 10-15 more grams of protein. Doesn't taste bad either, has a mild nutty flavor similar to almonds IMO.

We have our first store opening here soon. I've never been to one. Looks to be a similar concept to Complete Nutrition stores.

Disappointed in the site. Tells me nothing of the ingredients. What kind of creatine? NO booster? Caffeine? Geranium? BCAAs? 55 bucks is pretty high.

We have our first store opening here soon. I've never been to one. Looks to be a similar concept to Complete Nutrition stores.

Disappointed in the site. Tells me nothing of the ingredients. What kind of creatine? NO booster? Caffeine? Geranium? BCAAs? 55 bucks is pretty high.

I was looking for the same thing. What gives? I've never seen a product that didn't tell you what is in it.

The guy that wrote that is juicing... So I don't know how that would effect it.

Secondly, he asked what I've had luck with, and FBX has done by far the best for me. The only thing that comes close is the first week or two of N.O. Explode, but the effects diminish for me halfway through the bottle.

The only thing I've ever had from Jack3d is tunnel vision and stomach cramps, and I've tried it three different times, each time with a different stack, all three times diet was absolutely on the money. I've never juiced, though, so that could change things.

I'll break the label off the FBX and scan it later today. As far as the new Max Muscle, check it out and at least give the VitaCell a shot (liquid multivitamin shot for those like me who hate pills). I've met Sean, the company's president before, as well as a handful of different branch owners and managers, and they never let anybody behind the counter who doesn't know their stuff. Totally different than the bottle jockeys you get at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.

The guy that wrote that is juicing... So I don't know how that would effect it.

Secondly, he asked what I've had luck with, and FBX has done by far the best for me. The only thing that comes close is the first week or two of N.O. Explode, but the effects diminish for me halfway through the bottle.

The only thing I've ever had from Jack3d is tunnel vision and stomach cramps, and I've tried it three different times, each time with a different stack, all three times diet was absolutely on the money. I've never juiced, though, so that could change things.

I'll break the label off the FBX and scan it later today. As far as the new Max Muscle, check it out and at least give the VitaCell a shot (liquid multivitamin shot for those like me who hate pills). I've met Sean, the company's president before, as well as a handful of different branch owners and managers, and they never let anybody behind the counter who doesn't know their stuff. Totally different than the bottle jockeys you get at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.

That's me and NOXplode

To each their own. That's why supp reviews are complete BS, you never know how well something will work out for you, so you try different things until you find what works. I've found what works for me.

To each their own. That's why supp reviews are complete BS, you never know how well something will work out for you, so you try different things until you find what works. I've found what works for me.

Jack3d made my buddy feel like he was on the verge of a heart attack. I love it. For sure, everyone is different.

I may add Neurocore to my PWO group. Even though Muscletech makes a bunch of garbage, I figure they have to get something right somewhere along the line. Anybody tried it yet?

Like I said, I don't drink it expecting it to taste like koolaid, but given the option I'd prefer it to be somewhat drinkable. With muscletech, it tastes horrible and it doesn't work (at least for me). Two strikes.

I may add Neurocore to my PWO group. Even though Muscletech makes a bunch of garbage, I figure they have to get something right somewhere along the line. Anybody tried it yet?

My buddy is a trainer, and he loves the crap. I couldn't tell the difference between it and Jack3d. He said it's the same price, too.

Note: now that I think about it, Jack3d tastes a lot better (I always get the lemon).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back