The Weightlifters Thread

Is it just a whey protein shake? Anything else?

Do you have a shake after your workout as well?

I lift in the mornings too, and I hate lifting with an empty stomach, but eating right before I go isn't good either.

I've been somewhat slacking since I moved in July...my old gym arrangement was so awesome...never had to wait on DBs, a bench, or cables (which is a total rarity in my experience), but my gyms here in AZ are crowded and not that well equipped. I can't get as excited about lifting, so instead of hitting it up 5-6/week, I'm probably doing like 3 days on average.

Is it just a whey protein shake? Anything else?

Do you have a shake after your workout as well?

I lift in the mornings too, and I hate lifting with an empty stomach, but eating right before I go isn't good either.

I can't lift on an empty stomach either. Yeah it is just whey. I usually have one after my workout before my breakfast.

What type of schedule do you guys use?

I've gotten back into pretty good the last few weeks but don't know of day on-day off is the best.

I'm using a genetic whole body workout plan and hitting it hard for 45-60 minutes

Would there be benefit in a 2 day on, 1 day off schedule?

Oh by the way, I bought some of the Carnivor protein by MuscleMeds. It has 2.5g of creatine per scoop naturally since it is a beef protein, as well as a pretty good amino acid profile. Chocolate tastes good, heard the blue raspberry turns your **** blue tho.

Any of you guys used muscletech's hydroxycut hardcore elite? Probably not since it's a fat burner but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I made sure to do my research on it before I went to GNC and picked it today, and some of the side effects suck like getting supper jittery and having chills for a while, but man I sweated like a small pig doing my workout earlier..a lot more than usual so obviously it works.

I've been doing an hour of cardio a day for a few weeks now along with P90X but decided to try and get a boost and lose a shred a few extra pounds by trying this stuff. My diet hasn't been the greatest but definitely better than what it used to be. I started a strict caloric deficit diet today though which I'm sure will make the greatest impact of losing fat.

Stay away from Hydroxycut and most of those fat burner supplements in the first place. Some of them may work marginally if you're really on point with cardio and diet, but there are way too many downsides. If you're good with cardio and diet to begin with, then you should be making progress cutting fat anyhow.

Stay away from Hydroxycut and most of those fat burner supplements in the first place. Some of them may work marginally if you're really on point with cardio and diet, but there are way too many downsides. If you're good with cardio and diet to begin with, then you should be making progress cutting fat anyhow.

Dang not what I wanted to hear..I've been reading reviews on the bodybuilding forums and pretty much all of them were good.

Another thing is I only took one pill today since it was day one, and you're supposed to progress to 2 pills, twice daily by the fifth day. During my workout my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest..I really didn't like the feeling at all so I definitely won't be taking the recommended dosage of 4 pills a day.

Bodybuilding.com is an excellent depository of workout regimens, supplements, some diet tips, etc. but I'm really not a fan of the forums. Just like the local gym, there's a lot of misinformation and outright BS, especially regarding supplements.

When it comes to supplements, with most products to most people, they range from marginal returns at best to a complete waste of money at worst. To people out there who take fitness extremely seriously (as in people who are more serious than probably anybody in this thread), some may have some real value. But to most of us, who spend maybe 8-10 hours a week in the gym a week while having a few beers or cheater meals during the week, most supplements are of almost no value, except for some sort of placebo effect.

VN Store

Back