The Weightlifters Thread

Any of you guys used muscletech's hydroxycut hardcore elite? Probably not since it's a fat burner but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I made sure to do my research on it before I went to GNC and picked it today, and some of the side effects suck like getting supper jittery and having chills for a while, but man I sweated like a small pig doing my workout earlier..a lot more than usual so obviously it works.

I've been doing an hour of cardio a day for a few weeks now along with P90X but decided to try and get a boost and lose a shred a few extra pounds by trying this stuff. My diet hasn't been the greatest but definitely better than what it used to be. I started a strict caloric deficit diet today though which I'm sure will make the greatest impact of losing fat.

Fat burners are pointless, you will just be wasting your money. What type of cardio are you doing? Try HIIT a few days a week. Also, like miloh said, diet and cardio are the biggest factors.

Fat burners are dangerous and don't really work that well.....

Winstrol and Tren work GREAT.........I mean I have heard they work great...not that I have ever tried them....just what some guys said......oh dang....nevermind :)

Yeah I don't think I'll be taking the HHE anymore. Side effects are just too strong for me. I litey stay cold ALL day, I get a runny nose, I have the jitters like crazy and my heart always feels like it's going to explode Lol.

I've been maintaining the diet pretty well and have been drinking nothing but water. Kwebb I looked up HIIT cardio, and I kinda sorta do a form of that already on the stationary bike, except for longer periods of time.

When I do cardio for an hour, I usually do 30-40 second sprints on the bike every few minutes and I always end on a 30 second sprint before I quit my workout. Would that count as HIIT?

Yeah I don't think I'll be taking the HHE anymore. Side effects are just too strong for me. I litey stay cold ALL day, I get a runny nose, I have the jitters like crazy and my heart always feels like it's going to explode Lol.

I've been maintaining the diet pretty well and have been drinking nothing but water. Kwebb I looked up HIIT cardio, and I kinda sorta do a form of that already on the stationary bike, except for longer periods of time.

When I do cardio for an hour, I usually do 30-40 second sprints on the bike every few minutes and I always end on a 30 second sprint before I quit my workout. Would that count as HIIT?

Yeah, it does. I see so many people at my gym just barely walking on a treadmill and/or barely keeping their machine on. People forget you need to put forth effort. It does not have to be HIIT but you need to elevate your heart rate.

I feel like jogging isn't the right way to do cardio for bodybuilding. Neither is the bike. I think you need to constantly be working your muscles explosively. I prefer to run sprints for cardio. Maybe jog a mile and then keep the heart going for another 20 minutes by going as far and hard as you can and then resting 2 minutes in between each sprint until you've done a 30 minute workout. It's miserable, but I like the results.

Reactions: 1 person
59771_447820741951921_1943909815_n.jpg

Damn.....so I started back last night with cardio after resting and taking all my meds for the Lateral Band syndrome.....and 2 mins in to my jog on the treadmill................................................POP..............apparently tore my tendon........in a brace with crutches and major pain meds........heading to Ortho at 1:00 for confirmation but the ER doc said my knee was not stable at all.......when it popped I it felt like a rubber band snapping in half....either my knee cap flapped back an forth or a tendon did and it was instant pain and no ability to put pressure on my right leg..........I'm really frustrated right now

Damn.....so I started back last night with cardio after resting and taking all my meds for the Lateral Band syndrome.....and 2 mins in to my jog on the treadmill................................................POP..............apparently tore my tendon........in a brace with crutches and major pain meds........heading to Ortho at 1:00 for confirmation but the ER doc said my knee was not stable at all.......when it popped I it felt like a rubber band snapping in half....either my knee cap flapped back an forth or a tendon did and it was instant pain and no ability to put pressure on my right leg..........I'm really frustrated right now

Damn! Sorry to hear about that! Hope you have a smooth and fast recovery.

I'm to the point where I want to find a gym that doesn't have a Bootcamp program. The instructor of this one hogs all the equipment and dumbbells.

I'm to the point where I want to find a gym that doesn't have a Bootcamp program. The instructor of this one hogs all the equipment and dumbbells.

That's super annoying.

Yesterday I'm doing arms with my buddy and the entire rack from 10's to 45's was gone. I get so angry I want to break stuff when I see 200 treadmills, and only 2 sets of 30 lb dumbbells.

That's super annoying.

Yesterday I'm doing arms with my buddy and the entire rack from 10's to 45's was gone. I get so angry I want to break stuff when I see 200 treadmills, and only 2 sets of 30 lb dumbbells.

It is because the owners cater to those types of people. The ones who just use the treadmills, and maybe sometimes actually go to the gym. I go to ATC fitness in the Memphis area. There are 13 locations and all the new ones only have dumbbells that go to 80's. I know the owner (complete DBAG) and he hates bodybuilder/guys who lift.

It is because the owners cater to those types of people. The ones who just use the treadmills, and maybe sometimes actually go to the gym. I go to ATC fitness in the Memphis area. There are 13 locations and all the new ones only have dumbbells that go to 80's. I know the owner (complete DBAG) and he hates bodybuilder/guys who lift.

I bet the owner likes CROSSFIT also.....:)

MRI on Monday....it could either go 3 ways....torn ACL or Meniscus or he thinks my kneecap dislocated then relocated....lol.....hopefully its the lesser of the 3 evils

Have unintentionally taken 3 weeks off from basketball. I think that was the main hindrance in my lower back pain healing. I feel considerably better. Gonna try squats today. If things go well, deadlifts next week.

MRI on Monday....it could either go 3 ways....torn ACL or Meniscus or he thinks my kneecap dislocated then relocated....lol.....hopefully its the lesser of the 3 evils

I did the second one in 6th grade. Make sure you get that lined up correctly if that is what it is. Left knee

I tore my meniscus in college twice, once my sophomore year and once my Senior year. Right knee

I had my left knee scoped because of a torn meniscus. I'm thrilled I did it. The tear was painful and I held off for almost 4 weeks avoiding surgery. I could barely hobble around hoping it would heal. Never did. I wish I would've just got the surgery immediately. I've done great since. Hope everything goes well for you. Oh and a side note, my MRI came back inconclusive but I couldn't stand it any longer and opted for surgery.

I've been doing some circuit training to boost my endurance. Holy **** it's kicking my ass. I feel like I've been bulldozed over after I'm done

VN Store

Back