The Weightlifters Thread

Thinking of doing the Paleo diet while I am lifting....I am lactose intolerant anyway....but I will miss Mexican and pizza food...no grains or processed food.....

Just meat, fish, chicken, fruits, veggies and nuts.....as much as u want

Thinking of doing the Paleo diet while I am lifting....I am lactose intolerant anyway....but I will miss Mexican and pizza food...no grains or processed food.....

Just meat, fish, chicken, fruits, veggies and nuts.....as much as u want

IMO paleo is stupid, and the reason it has gotten big is because of crossfit. You lose weight by a restriction in calories. The best place to start find you BMR (maintenance calories) and reduce that by 500-600, to maintain as much muscle as possible you want to lose between 1-2 lbs per week (1lb of fat = 3500kcal). Carbs are your friend while dieting, and they are needed. Oats, sweet potatoes, and brown rice mainly. Each gram of carb is stored as glycogen inside the muscle, and for every gram of gylcogen stored the body stores 2.7 g of water. SO the initial reduction of carbs will help you drop weight (water weight) in the first week.

If you do paleo that is great, but you still need to count your calories and not just guess about how many you are eating.

IMO paleo is stupid, and the reason it has gotten big is because of crossfit. You lose weight by a restriction in calories. The best place to start find you BMR (maintenance calories) and reduce that by 500-600, to maintain as much muscle as possible you want to lose between 1-2 lbs per week (1lb of fat = 3500kcal). Carbs are your friend while dieting, and they are needed. Oats, sweet potatoes, and brown rice mainly. Each gram of carb is stored as glycogen inside the muscle, and for every gram of gylcogen stored the body stores 2.7 g of water. SO the initial reduction of carbs will help you drop weight (water weight) in the first week.

If you do paleo that is great, but you still need to count your calories and not just guess about how many you are eating.

Yeah the guy who mentioned it to me is a Crossfit guy.....but you can have sweet potatoes...I just like the meat part....in a non gay way that is.....lol

Yeah the guy who mentioned it to me is a Crossfit guy.....but you can have sweet potatoes...I just like the meat part....in a non gay way that is.....lol

One way to really improve your diet is to stop eating foods that are high on the glycemic index. Foods high on the index turn to glucose (blood sugar) quickly, and high glycemic foods have been strongly linked to obesity.

Get a list of foods and where they rank on the index, and you'll be surprised. Corn flakes turn to blood sugar faster than straight granulated sugar does. It's nice because you don't really have to "give up" much, you just have to replace. Don't eat a baked potato, eat a sweet potato. Eat a hamburger, just replace the white bun with a wheat bun, etc.

First day back after a 3 week holiday break. I think my body was ready for a break, because I went up in weight and reps today.

I know I'm gonna pay for it tomorrow and my next workout will probably be a big step backwards. Still feels good to be back.

Also, I tried a new preworkout that came with my protein. I can't remember what it was. I wonder if some of my energy could be attributed to it. I don't feel jittery or anything. I don't think it had any caffeine in it.

I'm so much more productive at work after a workout! I should start working out in the mornings.

First day back after a 3 week holiday break. I think my body was ready for a break, because I went up in weight and reps today.

I know I'm gonna pay for it tomorrow and my next workout will probably be a big step backwards. Still feels good to be back.

Also, I tried a new preworkout that came with my protein. I can't remember what it was. I wonder if some of my energy could be attributed to it. I don't feel jittery or anything. I don't think it had any caffeine in it.

I'm so much more productive at work after a workout! I should start working out in the mornings.

I always work out before work, feels goodman.

feels_goodman.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
o hai guise

Finals week followed by basically my whole winter break in NYC, just got back the other night and with fresh ink which basically means no working out for the next week.

I'm pretty much bouldering exclusively now though.

Learned a new lesson this morning......after 3 days of a stomach virus....I mean nothing stays in type....I get up at 0400 to go to gym before work since I'm actually on 1st trick this month...I take my pre workout (Muscle Pharm Assault)...and leave....get to gym and my knee is aching really bad and since I'm doing dead lifts I take 4 bayer asprin....I get thru my warmup sets and start going heavy as I can....not feeling great either....but on my last set I really push myself and when I relax and stand up...the room starts spinning and I came as close as tick on a hound to passing out....lol....NO plus asprin prob not best idea that early

Last week I began lifting weights for the first time in three months. My hand injury is now somewhat better so that I can do most exercizes to a certain extent. I had one-rep maxes last week for football in the bench, squat, power-clean, and push-press lifts. My maxes were down about 100 pounds in each lift, which wasn't surprising considering the injury and time off.

Today was a pretty difficult leg workout. Air squats and burpees for the warmup. The workout was squats (5 sets of 10 reps), dumbbell lunges w/each leg (3x10), and step ups on bench with 45 lb. weight (3x10, each leg). My legs are dead and I am going to have trouble doing much the rest of the week.

Learned a new lesson this morning......after 3 days of a stomach virus....I mean nothing stays in type....I get up at 0400 to go to gym before work since I'm actually on 1st trick this month...I take my pre workout (Muscle Pharm Assault)...and leave....get to gym and my knee is aching really bad and since I'm doing dead lifts I take 4 bayer asprin....I get thru my warmup sets and start going heavy as I can....not feeling great either....but on my last set I really push myself and when I relax and stand up...the room starts spinning and I came as close as tick on a hound to passing out....lol....NO plus asprin prob not best idea that early

After reading you had stomach virus I expected you to **** yourself..

Leaving disappointed.

Somehow no amount of 5RM dead lifting can approach the level of full body pain I get from 2 hours of basketball. Maybe it's because I'm so much shorter than everyone I play with. I have to jump extra hard.

VN Store

Back