The truth behind Joc Bruce

Quote:
I waited to read all the responses from people, but you don't owe nobody no explaination at all cause ain't no of these people helping nor feeding you. Anybody with any knowledge of how racist UT is and how they do black local players understands anyway.. Keep your head high and know that certain things happen to GREAT people that are blessings in disguish. The hardest Battles produces the Best Diamonds....

I love 'blessings in disguish'............

OH, so thats your problem.

The key phrase and CENTRAL premise of my post was my complaint that people in this thread have SPECULATED JCroom did something WRONG just because he punched JBruce....

To these folks....JCroom is in the wrong no matter what precipitated the confrontation just because he threw a punch! and that's CRAP!

There are some of us on here who played team sports and realize that fights among players on the FB team are a fact of life....I've seen them break out in the weight room among my teammates, been involved in them on the practice field, and broken them up in the huddle and on the sidelines during a game.

I personally watched a famous #54 (#80 at the time) jerk a fellow senior FB player up by the jersey and tell him to shut up when he kept running his mouth after this team Captain had told all of us at half-time to shut up and get our minds right when we were playing poorly in a game....That guy didn't mouth off--he sat back down and shut his mouth. EVERYONE knew what was gonna happen next if he didn't comply.....

(Don't any of you remember the confrontation between AJ McCarron and Barrett Jones in the NC game between Alabama and ND?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca8e-jSZV0g)

My post was a rebuttal to those who, as I said above, conclude that JCroom was wrong no matter what happened just because he settled the issue with physical violence--and implied that the incident made JCroom a bully.

NO--IT MAKES HIM A TEAM LEADER that MEN will follow and worthless men will slink away into a corner and throw accusations at him from the darkness....

These people fail to realize that FB is a sport of organized--and sometimes disorganized--bullying on the field. The team who is biggest and strongest and imposes their will on the opponent usually wins--to great applause. That mindset is NECESSARY to win FB games, and can't be turned off like a switch. And the coaches handle it.

But--it's guys like you who attempt to deconstruct what I actually said to put your own spin on my intentions.....who will NEVER realize or understand these things because you've probably never even worn a jockstrap! :crazy:

Never needed to wear a jockstrap. My nutz are made of steel

Reactions: 1 person
Joc Bruce was involved in what could be called bullying.Jason Croom hit Joc extremely hard in his jaw reason behind it I dont know. But after that he complained of having headaches and a lot of discomfort. He told his mother about what happened which leads me to believe he was afraid. The coaches knew about this but his mother didn't follow up with them about the attack. The kid was let down by his mother as well as the coaching staff they did not protect him. I understand upperclassmen pick on the new guy but this was more. After this altercation he was late for class several times and was suspended and well deserved. But I do believe Joc being afraid of Croom played a major role in this. The mother and the coaches failed this kid. I didn't make this up I grew up with his mom. This is non bias thread so please don't take it as if I'm throwing anyone under the bus. 100% true info

Jason "Deebo" Croom, the only way you can beat him in a fight is to grab a brick from your neighbor's driveway.

Sounds like a good kid that could never get his footing the short time he was here. He's young. Definitely has some growing up to do. But I think getting away from the area he grew up may be the best thing for him. I wish the kid well and hope this concludes what probably should have never metastasized the way it did. I really hope people who do have connections think before they share certain information outside of a football locker room. I love anything recruiting related. But outside of that, I don't really feel the need to know. That's just me though.

Davis said Bruce had a full scholarship offer to Oregon on signing day. He must've really wanted to play at Tennessee to take a blue shirt here with an offer like that on the table.

Davis said Bruce had a full scholarship offer to Oregon on signing day. He must've really wanted to play at Tennessee to take a blue shirt here with an offer like that on the table.

A blueshirt gets a full scholarship as long as they don't f*** it up. He could have signed a LOI and still be dismissed from the team all the same.

A blueshirt gets a full scholarship as long as they don't f*** it up. He could have signed a LOI and still be dismissed from the team all the same.

true but doesn't a blue shirt player have to enroll on their own dime the first year?

Lots of assumptions by you. Who ever said Croom sucker punched anyone? Now you are just making things up.

While we don't know the entire situation and circumstance, here is what we do know.

1) Croom has been here for several years and has never had an issue

2) Bruce is here for a month and has already been labeled a cancer, thug, and a bad attitude.

I think I will ride with Croom on this one.

Armchair likes to make things up.

true but doesn't a blue shirt player have to enroll on their own dime the first year?

No...it's been covered repeatedly They are awarded a scholarship on the first day of Fall practice. :hi:

Am I the only one who thought it was a stretch for Joc to play at TN? I saw him play in person and obviously saw all of the highlight films, but I questioned when he committed if he was good enough to ever see significant playing time - especially on offense. I had always wondered if he would end up on defense in the secondary. He just seemed too small to be effective at WR. Obviously there are exceptions (e.g., Pig).

I guess we'll never know now, but I don't view this as a huge loss. Especially if he truly had attitude problems.

Am I the only one who thought it was a stretch for Joc to play at TN? I saw him play in person and obviously saw all of the highlight films, but I questioned when he committed if he was good enough to ever see significant playing time - especially on offense. I had always wondered if he would end up on defense in the secondary. He just seemed too small to be effective at WR. Obviously there are exceptions (e.g., Pig).

I guess we'll never know now, but I don't view this as a huge loss. Especially if he truly had attitude problems.

His HC Duncan played at UT , so he probably thought he could.

Survival of the fittest...
Widely accepted concept where the faster, stronger, smarter animals live and procreate or on the other hand the dumber, slower animals or the ones with crappy camo get eaten or die out. As I see it (IMHO) that's what we have here. The guys who shouldn't make the team leave or die out... kinda.

Survival of the fittest...
Widely accepted concept where the faster, stronger, smarter animals live and procreate or on the other hand the dumber, slower animals or the ones with crappy camo get eaten or die out. As I see it (IMHO) that's what we have here. The guys who shouldn't make the team leave or die out... kinda.

Might wanna go easy on the "animals" analogy hoss. :pinch:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back