The truth behind Joc Bruce

You don't punch people in the face, especially teammates, unless you are in an actual fight. It's called assault. People have been seriously hurt and even killed by sucker punches. It's easy to pretend it was Joc's fault because he was freshman who'd never played or violated some UT tradition or somesuch. BS. I'm fairly sure that a real team LEADER would not punch a teammate--you've got a bizarre sense of leadership. If the kid guy something wrong, there are other ways to get your message across. Also, I'm pretty sure the kid could go after his assailant legally had he chosen to do so. I imagine if the circumstances were reversed and Bruce had sucker punched one of our more well-known players, your position and that of others would be quite different.

Considering you never saw the incident and, if this board is your only reference, you have no clue as if it was a sucker punch or if Bruce actually confronted Croom. (every fight has a first punch and the first punch isn't always a sucker punch).

Facts are no school allows players to walk on their logo in their locker room. Its considered a show of lack of respect for the program. Ive heard of recruits making this mistake but never a scholarship player! If Bruce, who should be as respectful as anyone towards UT, doesn't show it, I damn glad someone pointed it out to him.

I'll bet his ass wont walk across the logo at the next school he goes to.

Reactions: 1 person
She spouted some crap about the staff being racist against local players on facebook. Basically tells you about the merits of the Bruce family's argument against UT.

Shows where he learned to take responsibility for his own actions. . . It's always somebody else's fault.

Reactions: 6 people
Joc Bruce was involved in what could be called bullying.Jason Croom hit Joc extremely hard in his jaw reason behind it I dont know. But after that he complained of having headaches and a lot of discomfort. He told his mother about what happened which leads me to believe he was afraid. The coaches knew about this but his mother didn't follow up with them about the attack. The kid was let down by his mother as well as the coaching staff they did not protect him. I understand upperclassmen pick on the new guy but this was more. After this altercation he was late for class several times and was suspended and well deserved. But I do believe Joc being afraid of Croom played a major role in this. The mother and the coaches failed this kid. I didn't make this up I grew up with his mom. This is non bias thread so please don't take it as if I'm throwing anyone under the bus. 100% true info

I was going to read through this thread, but 37 pages is a bit much. I'll skip through and get right to it...are you "and his mother" piecing this together? I just wonder that because I read rumors, albeit rumors, on TOS that Joc had this coming for more than one reason and that Croom wasn't so far out of line. I'm not speculating as to what was going on between the two or what was involved, but I would definitely not be posting the content you're posting whether I spoke with his mom or not.

She wasn't even there and I can guarantee you Joc wouldn't mention anything he did (if he did) to his mother.

You have to see it from both sides. Not saying this is bogus, but you're taking a little leap, buddy.

Kid simply had his head in the clouds tripped on the power T and smashed his face real hard when he fell back to reality.

Here we go with another issue that should have stayed in the locker room. These locker room snitches are going to ruin football as we know it. I said it before, the locker room should be sacred. If you never played football then you cannot possibly understand.

Truth.

Hmmmmm....

The key phrase and CENTRAL premise of my post was my complaint that people in this thread have SPECULATED JCroom did something WRONG just because he punched JBruce....

To these folks....JCroom is in the wrong no matter what precipitated the confrontation just because he threw a punch! and that's CRAP!

There are some of us on here who played team sports and realize that fights among players on the FB team are a fact of life....I've seen them break out in the weight room among my teammates, been involved in them on the practice field, and broken them up in the huddle and on the sidelines during a game.

I personally watched a famous #54 (#80 at the time) jerk a fellow senior FB player up by the jersey and tell him to shut up when he kept running his mouth after this team Captain had told all of us at half-time to shut up and get our minds right when we were playing poorly in a game....That guy didn't mouth off--he sat back down and shut his mouth. EVERYONE knew what was gonna happen next if he didn't comply.....

(Don't any of you remember the confrontation between AJ McCarron and Barrett Jones in the NC game between Alabama and ND?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca8e-jSZV0g)

My post was a rebuttal to those who, as I said above, conclude that JCroom was wrong no matter what happened just because he settled the issue with physical violence--and implied that the incident made JCroom a bully.

NO--IT MAKES HIM A TEAM LEADER that MEN will follow and worthless men will slink away into a corner and throw accusations at him from the darkness....

These people fail to realize that FB is a sport of organized--and sometimes disorganized--bullying on the field. The team who is biggest and strongest and imposes their will on the opponent usually wins--to great applause. That mindset is NECESSARY to win FB games, and can't be turned off like a switch. And the coaches handle it.

But--it's guys like you who attempt to deconstruct what I actually said to put your own spin on my intentions.....who will NEVER realize or understand these things because you've probably never even worn a jockstrap! :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
Any word on where Bruce may wind up? Lost in all of this speculation is the fact that it's a young guy who by all accounts grew up a huge vol fan and tried to live out a childhood dream. Hope for the best for him.

So did racism make him miss class and not do his work? I don't get it. Are his teachers racist as well? Oh wait, it must be the university flag that's racist.

last statement was stupid.....crapped on the rest of your points......

Any word on where Bruce may wind up? Lost in all of this speculation is the fact that it's a young guy who by all accounts grew up a huge vol fan and tried to live out a childhood dream. Hope for the best for him.

Maybe Memphis. He'll have to make an attitude adjustment to succeed anywhere though.

Wow, I read the first page about Croom popping Bruce but I'm not reading through the rest of the thread to find out the rest of the story. Does anyone have some cliff notes of what happened?

I'm tired of it ever being needed.....but I'm gonna guess you believe it NEVER is warranted....guess we may have a different definition of what the "RACE" card is.....

People are so funny........blue font....

Of course, it exists. It probably always will in some way or another. The problem is when it gets overplayed in every single situation that people get sick and tired and quite frankly quit giving a damn about it. People should be treated the same regardless of race, creed, gender, etc but that also extends up to accountability as well. You should be accountable for your actions regardless of reasons whether they be real or perceived in most cases.

Reactions: 3 people
Wow, I read the first page about Croom popping Bruce but I'm not reading through the rest of the thread to find out the rest of the story. Does anyone have some cliff notes of what happened?

Racist Tennessee staff got a black player to punch another black player to keep him from going to class. :unsure:

Reactions: 7 people
You don't punch people in the face, especially teammates, unless you are in an actual fight. It's called assault. People have been seriously hurt and even killed by sucker punches. It's easy to pretend it was Joc's fault because he was freshman who'd never played or violated some UT tradition or somesuch. BS. I'm fairly sure that a real team LEADER would not punch a teammate--you've got a bizarre sense of leadership. If the kid guy something wrong, there are other ways to get your message across. Also, I'm pretty sure the kid could go after his assailant legally had he chosen to do so. I imagine if the circumstances were reversed and Bruce had sucker punched one of our more well-known players, your position and that of others would be quite different.
Lots of assumptions by you. Who ever said Croom sucker punched anyone? Now you are just making things up.

While we don't know the entire situation and circumstance, here is what we do know.

1) Croom has been here for several years and has never had an issue

2) Bruce is here for a month and has already been labeled a cancer, thug, and a bad attitude.

I think I will ride with Croom on this one.

Reactions: 15 people

VN Store

Back