The truth behind Joc Bruce

Joc stepped on the T, Croom told him not to that it was a tradition thing. Joc stepped into Croom's face and got KTFO. Kid just didn't fit in with the culture.

+ consistently being late for/skipping class
+ not "buying in"

I don't blame the KIDS for settling it this way.

However you cut it, this topic has had way too much attention as is. There really is nothing to see here.

+ not "buying in"

However you cut it, this topic has had way too much attention as is. There really is nothing to see here.

DTO's statement pretty much should sum up the thread but some are looking a little too hard for a reason to criticize the team or coaching staff.

Croom has had no discipline issues in his entire time here, Joc has had several issues in a couple of months. Unfortunately Justin Martin is in the same boat but he has a little more leash than Joc did. Hopefully he pulls it together.

Reactions: 2 people
DTO's statement pretty much should sum up the thread but some are looking a little too hard for a reason to criticize the team or coaching staff.

Croom has had no discipline issues in his entire time here, Joc has had several issues in a couple of months. Unfortunately Justin Martin is in the same boat but he has a little more leash than Joc did. Hopefully he pulls it together.

100% agree.

+ not "buying in"

It only has this much attention because Mamma Bruce went on a racism tirade and OP decided it was prudent to only take Mamma Bruce's obviously biased 2nd-hand version of this event and post it to one of the larger team-specific college sports forums I've seen.

Should we just sit back while Mamma Bruce and her OP lackey tarnish the name of UT and it's coaches? Remember, recruits and their families do read this board. Something like this could be damaging even if only in a minor way.

For more context, just look at his offer sheet. Such powerhouses as Austin Peay, Samford and Western Carolina. Memphis is the best team to offer him except for ... us.

We only offered him because he's a local kid. Now they're throwing that back in our coaches faces? Given Mamma Bruce's comments, we know where her kid got his attitude from.

80419-dwight-schrute-shaking-head-NO-tewr.gif

MFW Jones offers Bruce only because he's local and he leaves the program because he was picked on by the staff, apparently, because he's local?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
It only has this much attention because Mamma Bruce went on a racism tirade and OP decided it was prudent to only take Mamma Bruce's obviously biased 2nd-hand version of this event and post it to one of the larger team-specific college sports forums I've seen.

Should we just sit back while Mamma Bruce and her OP lackey tarnish the name of UT and it's coaches? Remember, recruits and their families do read this board. Something like this could be damaging even if only in a minor way.

For more context, just look at his offer sheet. Such powerhouses as Austin Peay, Samford and Western Carolina. Memphis is the best team to offer him except for ... us.

We only offered him because he's a local kid. Now they're throwing that back in our coaches faces? Given Mamma Bruce's comments, we know where her kid got his attitude from.

80419-dwight-schrute-shaking-head-NO-tewr.gif

MFW Jones offers Bruce only because he's local and he leaves the program because he was picked on by the staff, apparently, because he's local?

Dwight Schrute never disappoints.

Per Joc.....
“I still plan to attend college, as well as play football, and I look forward to working with Coach Jones, and the University of Tennessee, as they help me find an appropriate fit. I appreciate the support I’ve received from Coach Jones, and the entire Vol Nation.”

Yea......UT coaches must not have been racist when he made this comment. :whistling:

Per Joc.....
“I still plan to attend college, as well as play football, and I look forward to working with Coach Jones, and the University of Tennessee, as they help me find an appropriate fit. I appreciate the support I’ve received from Coach Jones, and the entire Vol Nation.”

Yea......UT coaches must not have been racist when he made this comment. :whistling:

Damage control. Bruce didn't have much interest before from other schools. Jones and UT just about hold his fate as Jones can either swing this as a good kid in need of guidance or a lost cause.

Seriously, Bruce really shouldn't have been offered by UT.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm tired of it ever being needed.....but I'm gonna guess you believe it NEVER is warranted....guess we may have a different definition of what the "RACE" card is.....

People are so funny........blue font....

Yeah, different definitions allows certain people to justify its use. Got it.

Reactions: 2 people
Apparently it means you have zero reading comprehension skills as there is nothing stated or implied about either equal rights or minority groups so stop with the tired old tactic of trying to turn everything you may not agree with into racism. I was speaking of those who think a fist fight is the equivalent of murder or the use of nuclear weapons. So unless you are calling men that wear panties a minority group (which I really hope they are), your response makes no sense.

I was asking how your comment about Caitlin Jenner fit into anything. Transgender people are a minority group, yes.

Let's just let this thread die.

Joc is gone. I only care about the players who are going to be on this roster. The ones who have put sweet equity into the team.

Reactions: 5 people
Entirely possible that grammar is also racist.

Quote:
I waited to read all the responses from people, but you don't owe nobody no explaination at all cause ain't no of these people helping nor feeding you. Anybody with any knowledge of how racist UT is and how they do black local players understands anyway.. Keep your head high and know that certain things happen to GREAT people that are blessings in disguish. The hardest Battles produces the Best Diamonds....

I love 'blessings in disguish'............

Reactions: 3 people
It's a tragic circumstance but it's not a huge loss. He was going to be blue-shirted anyway and wouldn't have made an impact for at least two years. Besides, the last thing Tennessee needs right now with the several sexual assault investigations that have popped up over the last two years is more locker room drama and potential "bad eggs."

If what is being said about the altercation is true, then it's best to part ways with someone who doesn't respect the program or the upperclassmen before the situation gets worse. If you don't want to be here then in my opinion GTFO. There are thousands of young adults and teenagers who would give an arm and a leg for the talent some of these kids possess. Respect the gifts given to you and work your ass of to make them worthwhile. Being a smart ass and a headcase is extremely unnecessary. GO DAMN VOLS!

Joc Bruce never watched "Bull Durham". He needs work on his cliques

"Im just here to help the ball club"

VN Store

Back