The Thread Where People Argue About Kneeling in the NFL (merged)

They aren't disrespecting the flag, just using the platform to raise awareness to serious social injustices in our country. People should have some thicker skin geesh

Reactions: 35 people
FBI Crime Statistics. There are over 300 million people in this country. There are also 2-3 million police encounters every year. There are only 100 people a year shot and killed by cops.

If we want to go after things that actually kill people in a significant number, let's go after heart disease, obesity, and abortion.

Because the issue isn't important to you means it shouldn't be important to anyone? Also, many of these guys are doing things off the field to make a difference. CK donated millions to various related causes last year, but everyone wanted to berate him for his little demonstration.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
He can leave the team. This crap won't fly with me. I lost 2 uncle's in WWII. My father served in Korea. I served in Desert Storm. You disrespect this country and this flag...I have no use for you.

100 percent agree.

And thank you for your service.

Reactions: 24 people
You want to bring awareness....start a foundation to help bring about change. Taking a knee during the anthem over an issue that can in no way be associated with that anthem is ****ing stupid.

Reactions: 51 people
He can leave the team. This crap won't fly with me. I lost 2 uncle's in WWII. My father served in Korea. I served in Desert Storm. You disrespect this country and this flag...I have no use for you.

Thank you for your service, sir (I suspect you’re a male) god bless you.

Reactions: 7 people
Free speech is not 100% of the time. You can not yell fire in a theater, is a well known example. Your employer has the right to tell you to keep your protesting to those times you are not at work. Team owners have the right to tell their employees to keep their protesting off the field. If the time comes when your right to protest, whatever you want to protest to include those times you're working, and still have the right to get paid-sleeping on the job to protest something/anything will be okay. I agree with CAVPUT 100%.

Reactions: 3 people
You want to bring awareness....start a foundation to help bring about change. Taking a knee during the anthem over an issue that can in no way be associated with that anthem is ****ing stupid.

Also, the awareness of the issue is grossly misrepresented. More likely to get killed by bees than be any race and be shot by a cop while unarmed. With that, I’m done talking about this subject. Hope y’all had a great weekend.

Also, McBride would never do this if he was starting.

Reactions: 8 people
If this was playing out in Iran with players in their soccer league, what would you think? The players are disrespectful, the players are heroic, or the players are insignificant? What would be be the responses from the teams and owners that you find admirable? What responses would you consider wrong?

I doubt McBride will ever play QB at Tennessee. Entering the political arena is a stupid thing to do.

If any one of the Tennessee sports teams enters the political arena, I will be done with Tennessee forever.

And screw the NFL, NBA, and the WNBA.

Reactions: 11 people
Free speech is not 100% of the time. You can not yell fire in a theater, is a well known example. Your employer has the right to tell you to keep your protesting to those times you are not at work. Team owners have the right to tell their employees to keep their protesting off the field. If the time comes when your right to protest, whatever you want to protest to include those times you're working, and still have the right to get paid-sleeping on the job to protest something/anything will be okay. I agree with CAVPUT 100%.

You have free speech
You're also free to suffer the consequences of that speech.

See the Dixie Chicks as your example of free speech and consequences

Reactions: 20 people
They aren't disrespecting the flag, just using the platform to raise awareness to serious social injustices in our country. People should have some thicker skin geesh

But the definition of social justice means 100 different things to 100 different people. It's so vague it's ineffective. You might as well say I'm protesting for world peace.. How long are you going to keep it up -- until there is "social justice"? That means you will never stand again for the anthem.

Goodell allowed this to go on when he could have shut it down. Isn't it interesting he did not allow the Cowboys to wear helmet stickers honoring the 5 fallen cops shot their last year.

Reactions: 15 people
If this was playing out in Iran with players in their soccer league, what would you think? The players are disrespectful, the players are heroic, or the players are insignificant? What would be be the responses from the teams and owners that you find admirable? What responses would you consider wrong?

You don't want to know what would happen in Iran.

Reactions: 3 people
Someone remind me why I would give 2 ish's what this idiot who has all his bills paid by his mommy and daddy thinks about the real world?

Reactions: 7 people

Put my name in the "I'm done with you if you disrespect the flag for any reason" column.

Reactions: 17 people
People have the freedom to stand, kneel, ride a bike, wear ugly clothes, pick religions, curse, jump up and down, hoot and holler, and cry or applaud anything they want to. Just because I don't agree with some of those things or when they do it doesn't mean they don't have the right to do it. That's what makes America great. JMO

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 people
They have a right to do it but they better not complain about the consequences of their actions.

Reactions: 8 people

Amen brother. Thank you for your family's service and sacrifice.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back