The Thread Where People Argue About Kneeling in the NFL (merged)

More deflection. I thought we already went through this dance last year with Kaepernick? These protests have nothing to with the military. Stop trying to use them as a straw man in this argument.

The protesters have been very clear. They are protesting the unjusitifed killing of unarmed black men by the police. PERIOD. Nobody said anything about the military. And they are using this form of protest to bring attention that issue.

Stop trying to change the subject to something it's not because you don't want to tackle the issue being actually discussed.

And this is why I find all this so funny.

And this is what the new generation is all about?

It's literally the least you can do. Colored ribbons, hashtags, kneeling for the national anthem.

People getting shot and killed everyday in the inner cities of these NFL teams and you are going to achieve social justice by kneeling. And now, we won't just kneel....we'll lock arms!

Impressive. Way to make a difference guys.

These dudes can do whatever they want and I don't care.

I hope someone's keeping track of many people are murdered from the time the kneeling started until it eventually stops and these guys can see the difference they've made

Reactions: 3 people
And this is why I find all this so funny.

And this is what the new generation is all about?

It's literally the least you can do. Colored ribbons, hashtags, kneeling for the national anthem.

People getting shot and killed everyday in the inner cities of these NFL teams and you are going to achieve social justice by kneeling. And now, we won't just kneel....we'll lock arms!

Impressive. Way to make a difference guys.

These dudes can do whatever they want and I don't care.

I hope someone's keeping track of many people are murdered from the time the kneeling started until it eventually stops and these guys can see the difference they've made

Clearly

Where did you get that number? Did you just make that up? If you did actually understand what a standardization is you would realize the total number of people shot does not matter when assessing how likely a person of one race is shot by the police compared to another.

FBI Crime Statistics. There are over 300 million people in this country. There are also 2-3 million police encounters every year. There are only 100 people a year shot and killed by cops.

If we want to go after things that actually kill people in a significant number, let's go after heart disease, obesity, and abortion.

Reactions: 1 person
I have lost all respect for Josh Dobbs.He along with all the rest of the Pitt steelers refused to come out for the playing of the national anthem.:redface::shades::shaking2::neener2:

I have lost all respect for Josh Dobbs.He along with all the rest of the Pitt steelers refused to come out for the playing of the national anthem.:redface::shades::shaking2::neener2:

All but one player.

Alejandro Villanueva is the lone Steelers player who left locker room & stood on field w/hand over his heart for National Anthem #BoycottNFL

Reactions: 3 people
I think the Titans joined that list today too. Is that correct? Also, can anyone articulate exactly what it is being protested? I'm unclear the links between the national anthem and the supposed issues. Also, what is the desired response that ends these protests?

Reactions: 4 people
There was one who came out. If you are going to post a comment like this at least be factually correct.

Saying all is a gross disrespect to Villanueva, who was willing to stand alone for what he believes.

All but one player.

Alejandro Villanueva is the lone Steelers player who left locker room & stood on field w/hand over his heart for National Anthem #BoycottNFL

He’s a vet as a long time steeler fan I can say I’m disappointed in the team.

Reactions: 2 people

Third verse of the National Anthem:

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Third verse of the National Anthem:

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Today was a political statement. Had nothing to do with soldiers fighting for our freedom. It was a team and owners point to stick it to Trump. I'm no fan of that nor do I respect their decision.

Reactions: 2 people
He can leave the team. This crap won't fly with me. I lost 2 uncle's in WWII. My father served in Korea. I served in Desert Storm. You disrespect this country and this flag...I have no use for you.

Reactions: 116 people
http://247sports.com/college/tennes...ll-McBride-weighs-in-on-athletes-pr-107927495

This type of thing can cause BIG problems among teammates that feel different about this issue. I watched it very closely first hand with a college basketball team last season. It totally destroyed the season and played a part in a whole coaching staff departing and eventually an AD.

A very wise mentor of mine once told me that when you have a job where you deal with the general public (in my case sales), to never discuss religion or politics. Stay on neutral topics such as sports, weather, movies, shared interests, etc.
His advice on discussing religion and politics was this:
"The people that agree with you don't need to hear your opinion, and the people that disagree with you don't want to hear your opinion"
I have actually had to fire salespeople who insisted on talking politics and religion with clients. Never smart.

Reactions: 26 people
Why athletes and actors are stupid enough to piss off half the population that pays to see you is beyond me.
Stfu and play the game.
Stfu and pretend to be someone else. Clearly being you sucks.

Reactions: 45 people

VN Store

Back