The Runner's thread

I'm curious, do you know how he handled the transition? Did he wear them through the whole event or just the run? I couldn't see biking in them.

I've thought about wearing mine in a tri but it takes me 5minutes to put them on. I have jacked up circus monkey toes.

I'm not sure. I know he had them on before the race started. Too bad I didn't look at his race# and check his transition times.

Me too. I think I'm gonna do another sprint tri either July 24th or Aug 21st. I don't know how you do a half ironman Ho...

What was your time?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

1hr 46min 26sec.(600m swim,14.3mile bike, 5k run) I knocked 3+min off my time from last year. My goal was 1hr 45min so I was a little bummed at first. But having a new baby in the house has cut back on my "training" time. I'll never put up a really low time compared to the leaders but I would like to break into the 1hr 30-40min range.

That's pretty good. The distance sounds like it was a little bit longer than your average sprint race. I know how it goes with new babies. Keep at it and you'll reach your goal.

Ran 4 miles tonight in Umstead State Park in Raleigh, NC. The sun set and the cicadia's and fireflies came out during the last 10 minutes. It was abso-freakin-lutely awesome.

Good thread (that I just found). Since January 1 I've lost 51 lbs. Running has been a big part of that. I'm up to 6 hilly miles in just shy of an hour. I'm currently working on increasing my pace. I don't dislike running, and I really dig how I feel when I'm done.

With 3 small kids, my only issue with running is finding the time. Anything more than 6 miles would have to be either at 5 am or on a Saturday morning, and that sure would stink.

Good job STH.

Ho, how do you stay focused during the swim? I lose focus, start thinking about the distance and then feel fatigued. I know its mental but can't seem to shake it.

Good job STH.

Ho, how do you stay focused during the swim? I lose focus, start thinking about the distance and then feel fatigued. I know its mental but can't seem to shake it.

Swim took me about 50 minutes this year. Water was warm at 80 plus degrees. First couple hundred to two hundred yards it's all about keeping my head up and getting past the initial adrenaline rush and getting hit by arms and legs. After that I just pick out markers to swim to and do not focus on the whole distance. Put head down and look up every ten strokes to make sure I'm on track. Mentally swim it in chunks is the best for me.

I'll try that. I need to practice open water more. No where that is convenient though.

I'll try that. I need to practice open water more. No where that is convenient though.

Good luck. Open water swims are hard. I usually just get time in the pool at the Y and no open water. It's worked out for me ok. The dark water though did take getting used to the first time I experienced it.

Going to do intervals tonight on the track after work. Sprint the straight aways and rest/jog on the curves.......

VN Store

Back