The Park Central Hotel Postgame Report.

1. That was a complete asskicking. UK was just too good today.
2. I said it earlier this year and I'll repeat it now. Losing is one thing, flat out quitting is another.
3. Brian Williams was the only player in orange who could be considered impressive. He physically and mentally held his own against the most talented frontline in college basketball.
4. Wayne Chism has to be better than allowing himself to be baited and frustrated by a guy with the maturity of a five year old. Daniel Orton shouldn't be important enough to make a player of Chism's caliber lose his focus.
5. Tennessee's point guards were horrible. The competition had something to do with that, but there were numerous unforced mental errors.
6. Directors of Officials across the countries should splice and watch every block/charge call made this year over the summer. Guys who can't identify a flop, I'm talking to you Doug Sirmons, should be terminated immediately.
7. If Kentucky defends and hits perimeter shots the rest of the way as they did today, it'll be another John Calipari-Bill Self title game. Kansas is the only team in America that can play with UK when they guard and hit threes.
8. The UT-Uk rivalry is taking on an old school Syracuse-Georgetown nastiness. I like that.
9. Congratulations, Tom Penders. That's a nice accomplishment in the twilight of a career.
10. I am at a loss to figure out why West Virginia is a 3' point favorite tonight. I fully expect to see a Georgetown rout tonight.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

WV almost covered the spread. GU is about as consistent as we are.

3. Brian Williams was the only player in orange who could be considered impressive. He physically and mentally held his own against the most talented frontline in college basketball.

"They were letting them play jail ball out there,'' said UT post Brian Williams, who suffered a strained back when he took a shove from behind in the first half. "We lost our composure and tried to do the same thing as them, and we got whistled for technicals and flagrants.''

Williams got that the game was about that, they were serving up fresh fish for the Kentucky crowd. Y'all can hate on Goins all you want for the cheap shot, but at least he recognized the situation. Bruce should have gotten kicked out about ten minutes in, and if Scotty Hopson had the balls to swing at Cousins in that situation like Goins did we wouldn't be worrying about the first round.

"They were letting them play jail ball out there,'' said UT post Brian Williams, who suffered a strained back when he took a shove from behind in the first half. "We lost our composure and tried to do the same thing as them, and we got whistled for technicals and flagrants.''

Williams got that the game was about that, they were serving up fresh fish for the Kentucky crowd. Y'all can hate on Goins all you want for the cheap shot, but at least he recognized the situation. Bruce should have gotten kicked out about ten minutes in, and if Scotty Hopson had the balls to swing at Cousins in that situation like Goins did we wouldn't be worrying about the first round.
Brian Williams should probably refrain from using the term "jail ball."

1-5: Agreed. I just witnessed a failure to execute at ANYTHING today. No effort, no focus, the team was simply not ready in any way to play a basketball game today. The inability to play away from TBA has me worried about this teams success in the tourney.
6: The guys on the court lost this one, and even if the Vols got help from the zebras (or even a fair game), still would have lost by double digits.
7. I just said the same thing in another thread. Even then, I give Kentucky the edge in that contest.
10. Just because people still aren't sure what to make of Georgetown. If I were a gambler, I'd run out and put money on Georgetown right now.

Third game in three days and a pissed off Kensucky team waiting at the end of the rainbow. Wouldn't read too much into this game,did anyone really think we matched up with them. Enjoy the victory in Knoxville and the Vols will be alright in the tourney. This probably is a sweet sixteen team at best, next year will be our year to advance past that roadblack. This team and Chism have been fun to watch,but I've grown tired of some of the personalities. Bring on Tobias,Tad & Jorden!! V,B

Didn't someone "fully expect a Georgetown blowout"? :D

It is going to be quite humurous when Kentucky gets bounced from the tourney and the KY Fans start crying over the refs not giving them calls. In a "fair" game, there are a quite a large handful of teams that can beat Kentucky. Are they talented, yes. Are they unbeatable? Far from it.

The Cal-slurpers on this board will be among the first to whine.

1. That was a complete asskicking. UK was just too good today.
2. I said it earlier this year and I'll repeat it now. Losing is one thing, flat out quitting is another.
4. Wayne Chism has to be better than allowing himself to be baited and frustrated by a guy with the maturity of a five year old. Daniel Orton shouldn't be important enough to make a player of Chism's caliber lose his focus.
5. Tennessee's point guards were horrible. The competition had something to do with that, but there were numerous unforced mental errors.
6. Directors of Officials across the countries should splice and watch every block/charge call made this year over the summer. Guys who can't identify a flop, I'm talking to you Doug Sirmons, should be terminated immediately.
7. If Kentucky defends and hits perimeter shots the rest of the way as they did today, it'll be another John Calipari-Bill Self title game. Kansas is the only team in America that can play with UK when they guard and hit threes.
8. The UT-Uk rivalry is taking on an old school Syracuse-Georgetown nastiness. I like that.
9. Congratulations, Tom Penders. That's a nice accomplishment in the twilight of a career.
10. I am at a loss to figure out why West Virginia is a 3' point favorite tonight. I fully expect to see a Georgetown rout tonight.

Just got back from Nashville last night, and haven't posted since Saturday morning. That was a wild weekend, and some crazy stuff going on in Nashvegas. The games were obviously great also.

1) It was just a perfect storm of UT being a little fatigued, UK being a little pissed, and a building that quite frankly was louder than Rupp Arena. Rupp holds 24,000, but half of them are blue haired old women who can't even get up out of their seats. Bridgestone was full of rabid folks who blew their yearly tax returns and savings to see these games.

Also, I have seen the over the top complaining about officials running rampant on this site. I choose not to talk about it, because its useless. Rivals fans see what they want to see. All I will say is that you can't hang a 29 point drubbing on the officials. End of story.

6) I 100% agree. There have been numerous calls, (yes, in Kentucky's favor...) that were completely blown. They need to get together form a solid definition. ALSO, then need to go ahead and paint the white line under the basket like the NBA does. I have seen way to many wrong charge calls or no calls, due to the "under the basket" mystery.

8) Yeah, and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm a big fan of having a truly hated, despised conference rivalry. Until this point, there has been none. (other than the 3 year stretch with Arkansas in the early/mid 90's). Its only going to get better.

10) I actually had money on WVU taking the Big East title. G-town is about as consistent as the weather.

Also, glad all UK fans are out of Nashville. Depressing walking out of my apartment and the streets are filled with blue.

First time I was wishing Vandy fans actually cared about their team.

:eek:lol:

I bet you do.

Let me guess. That wasn't a lane violation on John Wall?

I didn't say there weren't missed calls. They happen every game, to both teams. The problem is, people from each team fail to acknowledge the calls that pretain to their own team. Everyone looks for a crutch to lean on as a reason for the loss. There were definitely missed calls, and I'll admit that more were in favor of UK. But for everyone to wanting to write letters and complaining to no end that it cost them the game, they are retarded. UT was outplayed and outmatched in the 2nd half. Anyone with sense could see that.

And for those who complain about the disparity in the # of fouls called being in favor of UK, look at the type of system thats being played. Calipari's Memphis teams ranked in the top 3 in FT's attempted for 6 straight years before he came to UK. When you drive to the hoop or have the frontline that we have, your going to shoot free throws.

I didn't even mention the UT game, and you failed to mention the one play I actually did....

Nevermind. I quoted and replied to you before looking at your screen name. My bad. Its a proven fact that any reply that requires the ability for analytical thinking on the readers part (as it pretains to you) is useless.

I'm done.

Nevermind. I quoted and replied to you before looking at your screen name. My bad. Its a proven fact that any reply that requires the ability for analytical thinking on the readers part (as it pretains to you) is useless.

I'm done.

Wow. I asked you a simple question. Did you think it was a lane violation? What is so absurd? You went off onto your soapbox about UT on your own, I didn't even mention it dude.

VN Store

Back