The Park Central Hotel Postgame Report.

I came to Lex in '90 so I lived through the Pitino era. I've never seen a college coach (football or basketball) with the political Cal's political prowess. The guy never...never says the wrong thing. He is amazing to watch.

I'm seeing much of the same thing. The love fest never ceases to amaze me.

I agree on #8 this rivalry is only going to get better and better. Hopefully Pearl can reel in some talent to at least hang with Calipari in the years to come.

I like that too
It means something to play KY, and Bruce knows it

This Tennessee team over the last few games had developed a mental edge...they lost it today.

They have to regain it if they want to do well in the tournament. They have enough talent to do it, but they were never in this game mentally today.

He should have been.
One of my favorite boxing facts of all time: The first three men to defeat Tommy Hearns, those being Leonard, Hagler, and Iran Barkley, all spent the night after the fight in the hospital. You might beat the Hit Man, but you paid the price.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

did Cousins beat up Favors over the summer? Any details/footage available? Who gets drafted higher?
There was a bit of a locker room scuffle a couple of summers ago. Favors didn't enjoy it much. I think it's an eye of the beholder thing as to who gets drafted higher. I'll be shocked if they aren't both in the Top 5.

If your the Nets do you take Cousins, Wall, or Turner?

I'll hang up and listen.

Wall. The Nets obviously have more holes than Swiss cheese, but an elite PG is usually a good place to start the rebuilding process, IMO. You certainly can't go wrong with any of them though.

I basically said the same thing about Brian Williams to my son during the game. instead of passing off to Chism he took it up, once over Patterson I think. Then we started talking about returning players, about players coming in next year. We may actually be better. Today was just so old Tennessee ball. One and done is possible, I'm serious. If we don't wake up. I noticed Cal challenged Cousins. I wish Pearl had that ability all the time.

1. That was a complete asskicking. UK was just too good today.
2. I said it earlier this year and I'll repeat it now. Losing is one thing, flat out quitting is another.
3. Brian Williams was the only player in orange who could be considered impressive. He physically and mentally held his own against the most talented frontline in college basketball.
4. Wayne Chism has to be better than allowing himself to be baited and frustrated by a guy with the maturity of a five year old. Daniel Orton shouldn't be important enough to make a player of Chism's caliber lose his focus.
5. Tennessee's point guards were horrible. The competition had something to do with that, but there were numerous unforced mental errors.
6. Directors of Officials across the countries should splice and watch every block/charge call made this year over the summer. Guys who can't identify a flop, I'm talking to you Doug Sirmons, should be terminated immediately.
7. If Kentucky defends and hits perimeter shots the rest of the way as they did today, it'll be another John Calipari-Bill Self title game. Kansas is the only team in America that can play with UK when they guard and hit threes.
8. The UT-Uk rivalry is taking on an old school Syracuse-Georgetown nastiness. I like that.
9. Congratulations, Tom Penders. That's a nice accomplishment in the twilight of a career.
10. I am at a loss to figure out why West Virginia is a 3' point favorite tonight. I fully expect to see a Georgetown rout tonight.
Unfortunately, probably knocks Ole Miss or Miss. State out of the tourney.

Duke better take care of business tomorrow or WVU will get that final 1 seed. Either way they'll most likely be in the same draw.

VN Store

Back