The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #3 [1] Purdue Game Thread, 2:20 PM ET, ESPN

Today we learned its better in life to be born with privilege. Hardwork doesn't overcome those who have inherited great advantages in life. It sucks. But life is cruel sometimes.

Key is Edey. I remember playing Donelson Christian in High School and they had a 7 foot guy and our largest player was 6 foot 5 inches. They keep just riding that 7 foot guy in the paint on both sides of the ball. Purdue did that today and frankly could possibly do that against anyone left. I don't see how Purdue lost to FDU last year with him.
I watched the whole game. They attacked him the way Bruce Pearl did with Dane Bradshaw playing the 4 as really a guard. So when they played Florida with the pro roster they had that won back to back National Championships. We beat them 3 of 4 with Bradshaw going in there guarding Joakim Noah and Al Horford. It was like they knew they were at disadvantage in post so use Bradshaw to go in swipe the ball from the bigs when they bring the ball down. Fairleigh Dickinson did that many times when Purdue went inside they used really undersized quick guys swiping at ball. Every other team seems to play traditional against them and the refs just are afraid to not call fouls when he starts his shooting motion. Against FDU he didn't get many of those opportunities because they knocked ball out and got out in foot races and they usually won them because 7'4 300#+ ain't jetting in transition.

Reactions: DixieVol
Why would the NCAA ban officials for following instructions? Edey has been officiated as if he’s made of glass all season. That’s what the NCAA and Big Ten wanted. If anything, the officials from today’s game may get a behind closed doors tongue lashing for letting the game be as close as it was.
Technically, I don't like your post but I sure agree with it. 😉

Played their asses off. Hard to beat 8 vs 5. Same as it was in Maui. Sad honestly. Great season tho. Let’s get 2/3 from the portal and Tennessee will be good again next year.
In two games against Purdue this year, they shot 81 free throws. Think about that.

Reactions: vols1221
We had chances to take the lead in the last 5 minutes, and we had some decent looks, but they didn’t fall. I absolutely cannot fault the effort of this team. They gave it all that they had.

I just think that was the best that this team could do against a dominant post player. Aidoo is not physically up to the challenge, so that leaves Awaka, who fouled out, and Estrella, who barely plays. Estrella did OK, but he’s also not an offensive threat at this point.

In addition, we got absolutely destroyed on the boards. Since we shot poorly, we needed some second chance points, and we got none.

Despite all that, we were hanging around until that 3 by Jones. That was a backbreaker.

We’ll eventually get that Final Four, and I REALLY hope we go through Purdue to get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAPPER 5

VN Store

Back