The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #3 [1] Purdue Game Thread, 2:20 PM ET, ESPN

Refs sucked. We still could’ve won. We just can’t have ZZ cold and basically no offense other than DK. Gainey did have a few big shots. Can’t overcome the refs and have a cold shooting night.
I’d argue shooting looks less cold when you don’t have that constant fear of a call against you and playing from behind

Reactions: DaddyChad
Had our chances. We missed a lot of shots down the stretch with a chance to take the lead and we kept it tied or within one. When it finally broke they got back to back scores with a 3 in there. They hit their late shots and we didn’t. Knecht was a pleasure to watch in Orange. He just didn’t get the help scoring when we needed it. Without Knecht we are a bubble team with no chance at this.

Reactions: Jimmyandjoes
This roster is NIT at the moment. Lots of work for the staff to rebuild.
Wrong. Freddie will be much improved and Carr will be a dependable scorer. We will probably bring in 1 transfer. Awaka will be improved and Estrella will be improved. Aidoo can’t play against big guys and if he transfers, it won’t be the end of the world.

ZZ is great and can get so much better.

It might be like 98. The year after Peyton and we all thought it was a rebuilding year.

Reactions: AppStVol
I said yesterday that we would have a chance if the officials called the game even. It’s hard to beat a team and the refs.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
We had a few possessions around the 4 min mark to take the lead couldn't hit a shot. I think we had a six minute and two four min droughts that hurt us. The one prior to the half may have been the difference.

I thought JJJ should’ve got not more looks in the second half but we had opportunities.

I said before the game to let Edey get his and contain the Purdue guards. We did that but came up short.

This is a tough loss as I thought we’d cut down the nets. And I love Knecht, JJJ, and Santi; though I’ve been critical of them at times.

Go Vols!!

Glad that FREAK show is over. Awaka did a good job otherwise there was nobody defending Lurch. Aidoo started the game by missing his first 4 shots, fumbled the ball out of bounds on offense twice and gave up 3 layups to Eady. He was a complete zero. Great game for DK he tried to carry them, just too heavy today. It was a pleasure watching him play this year.

VN Store

Back