The Official 2024 NCAAT Watch Party Thread

No one cares about USCjr, that’s why there was no whining. UCONN will clap them both, just better pray we win the next 2 if you’re gonna be a Bama cheerleader for the weekend.
I have been and will be. I think they handle business tomorrow, even if SV is not 100%.
Purdue is gonna be a tall order with that big Sasquatch they have. I don’t expect a fair whistle in that one.
If the Vols make it, I still maintain I’d rather play Bama than Clemson. Not one ounce of my being is a Bama cheerleader. I despise them and Clemson equally. I just think Clemson is not a good matchup and they have become sort of a Cinderella in this tournament, neither of which would be a positive should they end up playing Tennessee.
Go Vols

Bama has drawn all fast tempo teams to this point and that played into their hands. That changes with Clemson. They will try to slow the game way down.

Reactions: berryvol
I have been and will be. I think they handle business tomorrow, even if SV is not 100%.
Purdue is gonna be a tall order with that big Sasquatch they have. I don’t expect a fair whistle in that one.
If the Vols make it, I still maintain I’d rather play Bama than Clemson. Not one ounce of my being is a Bama cheerleader. I despise them and Clemson equally. I just think Clemson is not a good matchup and they have become sort of a Cinderella in this tournament, neither of which would be a positive should they end up playing Tennessee.
Go Vols
I don’t mean to be an ass, I just genuinely have no idea why a Tennessee fan would hate Clemson as much as Alabama. It’s simply nonsensical.

That said, I hope you are right. We certainly have the road less traveled, but more power to us if we can reach the F4 through it. I believe we can do it, just need some good shooting and good bounces on our side 🤞

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

This is the box score from their game on November 28, 2023.

Clemson was 32-60 from the field (53.3%). Alabama was 23-67 from the field (34.3%). Rebounds and assists were even. Not surprisingly, since the game was in Tuscaloosa, Clemson was whistled for 7 more fouls (22-15) .... but won anyway.

I’ll say this ….. living among clemmers in my town…. This is a disgusting scenario…. I’m actually going to have to hold my nose and pull for bama in this situation…. I think anyway.
When they played in football I found myself pulling for saban…. Thought being “who cares if Bama another NC” …… but this is different. I think. I think I wanna puke. I guess the bright side is one of them will lose.

I’m very aware. But them getting a six seed they’ve already seen is a MUCH easier path than anyone else will get in the E8. That cannot be argued.
Clemson has defeated the Mountain West Conference Tournament Champion, the 3rd best regular season team in Big 12 said to be toughest conference this season and the Pac 12 regular season Champions and #2 seed in West Arizona . So if you say that was a easy path your view is much different than mine.

Doesn't matter though agree to disagree.

Reactions: feathersax
Clemson has defeated the Mountain West Conference Tournament Champion, the 3rd best regular season team in Big 12 said to be toughest conference this season and the Pac 12 regular season Champions and #2 seed in West Arizona . So if you say that was a easy path your view is much different than mine.

Doesn't matter though agree to disagree.
Well, they (Bama) are favored by 2+ in their E8 matchup. I can promise you, if we win tonight we will be 3+ point dogs to Purdue. Clemson is as easy as it gets with what’s left.

Reactions: Clad in Big Orange
Well, they (Bama) are favored by 2+ in their E8 matchup. I can promise you, if we win tonight we will be 3+ point dogs to Purdue. Clemson is as easy as it gets with what’s left.
I take Clemson anyday over damn Alabama. Plus Purdue isn't even beating Gonzaga laugh it you want Gonzaga playing really good ball right now.

Last edited:
It was obviously Nate’s superior coaching that made UNC’s all-world center miss a dunk
And their All American PG misses about 20 shots. College basketball can be so random and is what makes March Madness exciting and unpredictable.

Last edited:
Reactions: sami
I think Purdue and UConn are the two best teams left in the field, but I also think some of you are selling Clemson short, and may not realize that they beat Alabama on the road earlier this season. It was only 85-77 .... but Clemson had the lead most of the game. It really wasn't that close.

You shouldn't assume that Alabama wins that game.
I would not assume Bama will beat Clemson. Arizona found out that Clemson plays defense pretty well and, as evidenced by our two games, Bama does not like in-your-face, grind-you-up defense. In my view, Carolina made a huge error by getting into a run and gun battle with Bama. Played right into their hands. And when your outside shooters are cold, it didn’t help their cause. Grant Nelson is a matchup problem though if he stays out of foul trouble. As I recall, he was in foul trouble in both of our games and wasn’t a factor.

I agree though with the statement that if they get by Clemson, they won’t get by UConn.

I hate them in every sport. Sorry you don’t feel the same.

Agreed, and it's worth noting that Alabama and Tennessee are remarkably similar programs historically when it comes to basketball. Getting through Creighton and Purdue/Gonzaga is no small task, and I don't feel that failure to do so is a scathing indictment against Barnes or something that tarnishes the season, but it would really suck if the season where Barnes finds an All-American shooter ends with Alabama getting to the Final Four before the Vols.

I’m sick. Never felt worse about our chances tomorrow than with Bama having an “easy” game to reach the F4. The sports gods hate us so much it’s unbelievable.
“easy” game? Clemson can play, and they have already beat the Tide in Tuscaloosa earlier this year. That game caught my attention, and I’ve silently kept my eye on Clemson all year. They have good gaurd play and very active front court players.

All I know is that two media darlings (AZ and UNC) were sent home last night and that’s a good thing. Now if we can get Purdue out of there and the Vols to advance, that would be ideal. One game at a time.

VN Store

Back