The Official 2024 NCAAT Watch Party Thread

Delete your effing account, what in the world
Nah.
I want them to beat Clemson and get destroyed by UConn.
Vols have already beaten them twice this year and have the ability to do so again.
Them making it to the FF and losing is better than Clemson squeaking in there and having a better chance to beat Tennessee, which they certainly would have if the two teams made it that far. Trust me, we’d never hear the end of it.

I don’t give two sh!ts about Bama football, but this is basketball. Good for them for taking down pompous UNC. I hope they avenge their loss to Clemson earlier this year and beat them when it really counts.

That being said, there’s only one team I truly care about in this tournament, and they play the late game in Detroit tomorrow.

We all want excellence. Some of us just realize that the line between regular season/conference tourney excellence and NCAAT excellence is thin, if not nonexistent. Tennessee has, inarguably, been in 10+ better positions to make the F4 in the last 25 years than USCjr or Auburn. Would you rather be one of them, with a F4, but suck almost every other year? Some of us don’t want to exchange for that, when we have a chance to win a title multiple times during that span. Winning in march truly comes down to a coin flip/you team playing above it’s head at the perfect time (Bama tonight OR vols in 2010). We don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth with the best coach we’ve ever had at UT.
Dude. Go hit yourself. Why not strive for excellence?

Nah.
Vols have already beaten them twice this year and have the ability to do so again.
Them making it to the FF and losing is better than Clemson squeaking in there and having a better chance to beat Tennessee, which they certainly would have if the two teams made it that far. Trust me, we’d never hear the end of it.
Bama making a Final Four either before us or in the same year we finally do is the abolsute worst thing to want man….what are you not seeing

Reactions: berryvol
Nah.
This is one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen on this site. Congrats.

Dude. Go hit yourself. Why not strive for excellence?
No man berryvol means right here….we do not want what South Carolina has…a fluky run and then nothing…but there is a happy medium here…I would trade Final Fours for slightly less overall regular seasons in a heartbeat…2 more wins in March is worth 3-4 more lossesin November-February that few will remember anyway…but one fluky run and nothing is not worth anything…but what Alabama is doing is the recipe unfortunately…vomit

Reactions: sami and berryvol
Bama making a Final Four either before us or in the same year we finally do is the abolsute worst thing to want man….what are you not seeing
Granted, this is a highly unlikely scenario, but I would love to play a team that we have already beaten twice in the National Championship Game. How would that in any way be a bad thing for Tennessee? Your logic is hard to follow here.

No man berryvol means right here….we do not want what South Carolina has…a fluky run and then nothing…but there is a happy medium here…I would trade Final Fours for slightly less overall regular seasons in a heartbeat…2 more wins in March is worth 3-4 more lossee in November-February that few will remember anyway
Exactly. We are guaranteed to make the tourney with a favorable seed right now. You’d have to be crazy to sacrifice that for a once in a lifetime run. Yes, no Vol has ever seen a F4, but we are in a position to make one every year. At some point, the dam has to break, with all the great teams, coaches and talent we have had in the last 2 decades.

Anyways, back to other tourney talk, huge day coming up for us and others.

Reactions: sami
It's a highly unlikely scenario .... but I would love to play a team that we have already beaten twice in the National Championship Game. How would that in any way be a bad thing for Tennessee? Your logic is hard to follow here.
Hard to beat a team 3 times. You really want Bama having eternal bragging rights over us in the two biggest sports? You also want to bank on us making a natty game so bad that you want one of our biggest rivals to keep winning? Seems like closet Bama fan behavior to me.

Reactions: volplaya8
It's a highly unlikely scenario .... but I would love to play a team that we have already beaten twice in the National Championship Game. How would that in any way be a bad thing for Tennessee? Your logic is hard to follow here.
Then we will have went further than them if we win. Are you telling me you would be ok with a national title appearance and a loss to Bama? Hell no…I could never live with that.

I see it fine. SCJr made a FF a couple years ago (before UT) and doesn’t have anything to show for it. Their logo was on a FF tee shirt before Tennessee🙄
Nobody is whining about that. Why? Because we’ve shown that we can consistently beat them. Yeah, they’re not the rivalry that Bama is, but they’re a lesser program. And they made a FF before Tennessee did.
2 of the best wins this year for this team were against Bama. Put a lot of questions to bed.
I believe that, if Bama and Tennessee make it to the FF, they have a better shot at beating Bama than they do beating Clemson. That’s all.
Go Vols.

I see it fine. SCJr made a FF a couple years ago (before UT) and doesn’t have anything to show for it. Their logo was on a FF tee shirt before Tennessee🙄
Nobody is whining about that. Why? Because we’ve shown that we can consistently beat them. Yeah, they’re not the rivalry that Bama is, but they’re a lesser program. And they made a FF before Tennessee did.
2 of the best wins this year for this team were against Bama. Put a lot of questions to bed.
I believe that, if Bama and Tennessee make it to the FF, they have a better shot at beating Bama than they do beating Clemson. That’s all.
Go Vols.
No one cares about USCjr, that’s why there was no whining. UCONN will clap them both, just better pray we win the next 2 if you’re gonna be a Bama cheerleader for the weekend.

Reactions: volplaya8
Hard to beat a team 3 times. You really want Bama having eternal bragging rights over us in the two biggest sports? You also want to bank on us making a natty game so bad that you want one of our biggest rivals to keep winning? Seems like closet Bama fan behavior to me.
Oh, my God .... what a mentality. Like I said, I would welcome playing anybody that we have already beaten twice. In 1992, Cincinnati beat Memphis 4 freaking times in a season. Sometimes, when you are better than someone .... it doesn't matter how many times you have played. There are many examples of a team beating another team 3 or 4 times in a season. Unlike yourself, I think we would beat them again.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
We all want excellence. Some of us just realize that the line between regular season/conference tourney excellence and NCAAT excellence is thin, if not nonexistent. Tennessee has, inarguably, been in 10+ better positions to make the F4 in the last 25 years than USCjr or Auburn. Would you rather be one of them, with a F4, but suck almost every other year? Some of us don’t want to exchange for that, when we have a chance to win a title multiple times during that span. Winning in march truly comes down to a coin flip/you team playing above it’s head at the perfect time (Bama tonight OR vols in 2010). We don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth with the best coach we’ve ever had at UT.
It was obviously Nate’s superior coaching that made UNC’s all-world center miss a dunk

Oh, my God .... what a mentality. Like I said, I would welcome playing anybody that we have already beaten twice. In 1992, Cincinnati beat Memphis 4 freaking times. Unlike yourself, I think we would beat them again.
I hope we would. But I’m not banking on it. I also am not banking on us making a national title for the first time ever, so damn sure not gonna cheer for Alabama, on the chance that something that’s never happened, happens. We are capable of beating any team in the nation, I dont need to stoop to cheering for Bama to give us a chance to win the natty.

Go Vols.
Um Bama is more successful currently than South Carolina…more successful historically…also win conference titles recently etc…they aren’t South Carolina and you can’t treat them that way. The only way to treat them is to wish them a loss on Saturday.

Granted, this is a highly unlikely scenario, but I would love to play a team that we have already beaten twice in the National Championship Game. How would that in any way be a bad thing for Tennessee? Your logic is hard to follow here.
We have a wayyyy tougher road to the elite 4 than Bama.

I hope we would. But I’m not banking on it. I also am not banking on us making a national title for the first time ever, so damn sure not gonna cheer for Alabama, on the chance that something that’s never happened, happens. We are capable of beating any team in the nation, I dont need to stoop to cheering for Bama to give us a chance to win the natty.
I don't cheer for Alabama either, but you seem oddly hung up on what they do. Are we even serious rivals in basketball? I've never felt that way.

We have a wayyyy tougher road to the elite 4 than Bama.
I think Purdue and UConn are the two best teams left in the field, but I also think some of you are selling Clemson short, and may not realize that they beat Alabama on the road earlier this season. It was only 85-77 .... but Clemson had the lead most of the game. It really wasn't that close.

You shouldn't assume that Alabama wins that game.

VN Store

Back