The Official 2024 NCAAT Watch Party Thread

Maybe it is good luck to us that teams that have struggled in Sweet 16 to make Elite 8 are moving on. Alabama is basically a clone of Tennessee in basketball in that they struggle to get past the Sweet 16 matchup.
The way I see it, NC fell into the trap of running with Bama. They allowed them to get hot and
fell victim to a random white dude having the game of his life.

I’m sick. Never felt worse about our chances tomorrow than with Bama having an “easy” game to reach the F4. The sports gods hate us so much it’s unbelievable.
Dude you can disagree with me and agree at times…but we all know how bad it’s gonna be if they make it and we don’t. That guy isn’t even 50 years old…I, so dang mad UNC didnt beat that team. This is our best team…this isn’t even as good of a Bama team as last year…man we gotta win.

Reactions: berryvol
Ok. Everyone has the freedom to settle for whatever they want. Some folks have the desire for excellence
There are too many bball guys that are just ok with good man. You just can’t win in here. Just know there are plenty out there and elsewhere that have expectations that have not been met yet.

I’m sick. Never felt worse about our chances tomorrow than with Bama having an “easy” game to reach the F4. The sports gods hate us so much it’s unbelievable.
We better win this effing game tomorrow night lol. I don’t know if I have it in me to watch at tip-off. May have to check the score 5mins in to gauge whether it’s worth it.

Dude you can disagree with me and agree at times…but we all know how bad it’s gonna be if they make it and we don’t. That guy isn’t even 50 years old…I, so dang mad UNC didnt beat that team. This is our best team…this isn’t even as good of a Bama team as last year…man we gotta win.
I agree with you. But unfortunately that’s how the stupid of the tourney works. Bruce’s 4th best team (prolly, maybe 3rd idk) is our only one to make the E8. This is probably bama’s worst team of the last 3 years and it’s the one to break through. I’m biased bc of Tennessee’s awful history, but damn I hate march.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I agree with you. But unfortunately that’s how the stupid of the tourney works. Bruce’s 4th best team (prolly, maybe 3rd idk) is our only one to make the E8. This is probably bama’s worst team of the last 3 years and it’s the one to break through. I’m biased bc of Tennessee’s awful history, but damn I hate march.
I know this…I won’t even buy a Final Four shirt if we make it if a friggen Alabama logo is on it…nope..thats disgusting

Reactions: ReadCT and berryvol
Ok. Everyone has the freedom to settle for whatever they want. Some folks have the desire for excellence
We all want excellence. Some of us just realize that the line between regular season/conference tourney excellence and NCAAT excellence is thin, if not nonexistent. Tennessee has, inarguably, been in 10+ better positions to make the F4 in the last 25 years than USCjr or Auburn. Would you rather be one of them, with a F4, but suck almost every other year? Some of us don’t want to exchange for that, when we have a chance to win a title multiple times during that span. Winning in march truly comes down to a coin flip/you team playing above it’s head at the perfect time (Bama tonight OR vols in 2010). We don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth with the best coach we’ve ever had at UT.

VN Store

Back