The future is now. Bring in Nico.

I am afraid to Milton could be JH's JG. He is sticking with him despite knowing that he's not capable of running the entire playbook with him in the game. Maybe he feels like he owes it to him for patiently wait I g his turn. Maybe he is enamored by the arm strength. But it's a failed experiment. We are going to win 9 games max with Milton at the helm and that's being super optimistic. Every coach that we play just saw the Playbook on how to shut us down offensively and pick us apart defensively. No one considered Milton a threat as a Runner so it's basically 10 versus 11 out there on the field with him playing. He doesn't have legs and he's afraid to take a hit. It's time to move on to the Future.

Nico is going to be green and is going to make a lot of mistakes. But I have to think that at the end of the day he is going to be equally as successful as Milton this season. I don't feel like we're actually going to give up any wins by bringing him in. I don't think this is a case of "scrap the rest of this season and let's get the backup quarterback some experience so that we can have a good next season". I think we will have the same record this season with Milton or Nico. But at least we can build on this season going into next season. Next season should not be a case of sticking Nico in as the starter with very minimal experience. That's just the recipe for another nine win at best season. And to be dead honest, I think the team plays uninspired because they don't truly want Milton starting. He's not the guy they can rally around.
With the Oline that we have, maybe we should put Nico in. In a jailbreak situation I think he’s more likely to make something good happen than Joe. That’s what makes QB’s like Bryce Young so good; they make something awesome out of busted plays. I was all in Joe too. Hoped for the best. But it’s pretty clear that he does not possess the “it” factor. That’s what teams rally around and makes opposing DCs worry about. Time to try something different.

Lol. If that circle includes the fans clueless about how the game is played, and there are many that qualify, I’m all for it.
Heck, I’d even swing by and build them a nice bonfire to sit and bitch around. Perhaps you’d like to supply the marshmallows?
Just because fans are upset about the crappy product on the field doesn’t mean they all don’t know football. Most of us have seen this song and dance before. I used to be one of those upset fans. I feel their pain. Now I realize that maybe the Vols will just always be a mediocre program with some good seasons thrown in periodically.

Just because fans are upset about the crappy product on the field doesn’t mean they all don’t know football. Most of us have seen this song and dance before. I used to be one of those upset fans. I feel their pain. Now I realize that maybe the Vols will just always be a mediocre program with some good seasons thrown in periodically.
Historically, that's kinda the record. We had that magical decade of the 90s, but typically, we're an 8 win program. Compared to the elites of the sport, we don't have nearly the number of 10+ win seasons.
Tennessee Volunteers College Football History, Stats, Records | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
IMO, he should start the next game. But in reality, he probably won't. Before someone comes in with "it's not just Milton, it's the entire team," yes, that pretty obvious. Gotta start somewhere, might as well start at QB.
Nico should start but he wont.
Cause our coach isn't all that smart.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Backup QB is always the best, right? Is Nico playing gonna help Hadden and the rest tackle better? We got smoked.

Ideally Nico could get some valuable playing time if we take care of business next week and get a comfortable lead. But I agree if the O line is struggling it would be bad to toss him in as starter

Milton is NOT the reason we lost. How about 425 lbs of DT lying on his chest? That's a big factor. One of my biggest worries was not having Mays. You saw why I was worried.

I wouldn't want Nico in the game to simply throw WR screens all day. I thought we had an offensive genius on the sidelines? Given all the positive comments Heupel has expressed throughout spring/offseason/fall camp, seems to be a false sense of reality. Still have a lot of games left in the season and could rebound from this performance against Florida, but the confidence level is waning.

Typed a response a couple of times and lost them to a weird page auto-refresh that keeps happening so I’ll just go with it being a TL:DR response as I’m not typing all of that yet again on my phone. 🤷‍♀️

Typed a response a couple of times and lost them to a weird page auto-refresh that keeps happening so I’ll just go with it being a TL:DR response as I’m not typing all of that yet again on my phone. 🤷‍♀️
Haha that’s been happening to me a lot too recently. Not really sure what’s going on.

Reactions: DynaLo
To bring on a freshman that is not physically or mentally ready for the situation they are being thrown into could be detrimental to their overall development. I have been very close to a situation where that happened and the biggest impact was on confidence moving forward. It wasn’t a temporary loss of confidence but a permanent one which is devastating for any athlete. IMO playing our future now is not worth the risk.
Peyton played as a freshman

When you put pressure on a toothpick it will snap in half.......dude makes gumby look like a body builder

When you put pressure on a toothpick it will snap in half.......dude makes gumby look like a body builder
He’s got basically the same build as freshman Trevor Lawrence and he didn’t get broken in half. He did have a much better team around him though.

That’s almost every program. Someone or a few someone’s make a run then fall back in the pack. Bama has had a long run but the Michigan, Ohio states , Miamiin the 80s, FSU, USC, Tennessee in the 90s Georgia the last few. It goes in cycles. Nobody stays on top forever. If you’re lucky you get to see a couple of those runs in a lifetime but most never see their team make one.

So did Young and Tua for the Gumps in the last decade. This crap about freshman don’t need to be taking snaps is just dumb.
Where’s our NFL caliber O line and the NFL receivers that Young and Tua both had playing around them?
Oh that’s right, we don’t have those kind of guys playing because the ones we had last year are in the NFL right now.🤦‍♀️

Where’s our NFL caliber O line and the NFL receivers that Young and Tua both had playing around them?
Oh that’s right, we don’t have those kind of guys playing because the ones we had last year are in the NFL right now.🤦‍♀️

You play your best players no matter the position.

You play your best players no matter the position.
What games are you going to win with your freshman QB getting blasted all the time because your current O line players and wideouts are questionable at best right now?

I’ll take a somewhat shaky season this year knowing that our Sophomore QB will be ready to handle this system and we’ve developed a better offense all around for a championship run next season and beyond.

What games are you going to win with your freshman QB getting blasted all the time because your current O line players and wideouts are questionable at best right now?

I’ll take a somewhat shaky season this year knowing that our Sophomore QB will be ready to handle this system and we’ve developed a better offense all around for a championship run next season and beyond.

Great QB play can cause a chain reaction. We can’t keep solely blaming the OL.

VN Store

Back