The future is now. Bring in Nico.

xpsyclonex2002

I am afraid to Milton could be JH's JG. He is sticking with him despite knowing that he's not capable of running the entire playbook with him in the game. Maybe he feels like he owes it to him for patiently

g his turn. Maybe he is enamored by the arm strength. But it's a failed experiment. We are going to win 9 games max with Milton at the helm and that's being super optimistic. Every coach that we play just saw the Playbook on how to shut us down offensively and pick us apart defensively. No one considered Milton a threat as a Runner so it's basically 10 versus 11 out there on the field with him playing. He doesn't have legs and he's afraid to take a hit. It's time to move on to the Future.

Nico is going to be green and is going to make a lot of mistakes. But I have to think that at the end of the day he is going to be equally as successful as Milton this season. I don't feel like we're actually going to give up any wins by bringing him in. I don't think this is a case of "scrap the rest of this season and let's get the backup quarterback some experience so that we can have a good next season". I think we will have the same record this season with Milton or Nico. But at least we can build on this season going into next season. Next season should not be a case of sticking Nico in as the starter with very minimal experience. That's just the recipe for another nine win at best season. And to be dead honest, I think the team plays uninspired because they don't truly want Milton starting. He's not the guy they can rally around.

Edit: I am still 100% behind JH. I do not in any way shape or form think he should be "fyred!". I also don't hate Milton. He's shown a ton of class. I just think there is a talent gap. He has Olympic level arm strength paired with my accuracy. It's a shame too. He could have been a legend.

Last edited:
I am afraid to Milton could be JH's JG. He is sticking with him despite knowing that he's not capable of running the entire playbook with him in the game. Maybe he feels like he owes it to him for patiently wait I g his turn. Maybe he is enamored by the arm strength. But it's a failed experiment. We are going to win 9 games max with Milton at the helm and that's being super optimistic. Every coach that we play just saw the Playbook on how to shut us down offensively and pick us apart defensively. No one considered Milton a threat as a Runner so it's basically 10 versus 11 out there on the field with him playing. He doesn't have legs and he's afraid to take a hit. It's time to move on to the Future.

Nico is going to be green and is going to make a lot of mistakes. But I have to think that at the end of the day he is going to be equally as successful as Milton this season. I don't feel like we're actually going to give up any wins by bringing him in. I don't think this is a case of "scrap the rest of this season and let's get the backup quarterback some experience so that we can have a good next season". I think we will have the same record this season with Milton or Nico. But at least we can build on this season going into next season. Next season should not be a case of sticking Nico in as the starter with very minimal experience. That's just the recipe for another nine win at best season. And to be dead honest, I think the team plays uninspired because they don't truly want Milton starting. He's not the guy they can rally around.
It's not gonna happen unless JM111 gets hurt. Heuple isn't benching his 30 y/o QB

I am afraid to Milton could be JH's JG. He is sticking with him despite knowing that he's not capable of running the entire playbook with him in the game. Maybe he feels like he owes it to him for patiently wait I g his turn. Maybe he is enamored by the arm strength. But it's a failed experiment. We are going to win 9 games max with Milton at the helm and that's being super optimistic. Every coach that we play just saw the Playbook on how to shut us down offensively and pick us apart defensively. No one considered Milton a threat as a Runner so it's basically 10 versus 11 out there on the field with him playing. He doesn't have legs and he's afraid to take a hit. It's time to move on to the Future.

Unless Nico can play center and qb, it won’t matter. Joe isn’t enough of a gamer to out this team on his back a la Hendon Hooker or Bryce Young. That doesn’t mean taking Joe out will magically solve things; the deficiencies go way beyond him.

To bring on a freshman that is not physically or mentally ready for the situation they are being thrown into could be detrimental to their overall development. I have been very close to a situation where that happened and the biggest impact was on confidence moving forward. It wasn’t a temporary loss of confidence but a permanent one which is devastating for any athlete. IMO playing our future now is not worth the risk.

I’d rather see Gaston Moore before Nico, give the freshmen more time , don’t throw him into the fire where fans are going to tear him apart if he messes up. Moore can’t be any worse than joe but I do not want to see joe Milton in a Tennessee fkin uniform again. Just my opinion but save Nico for next season

Reactions: volfeeva
I’d like to see Nico but we need to stand behind Heupel and not melt down. We were in utter turmoil before him. He proved his worth last year many times, it’s ok to be angry but we have to stand behind Heup. He’s building something
If he keeps it up he’ll tear down anything he’s built real fast my friend. You don’t get embarrassed by a terrible Florida team, and look terrible against Austin peay that’s not building sh** but a sh** sand-which.

The only way Nico gets into the game is if the offensive continues to stall against UTSA. We will probably rush the ball well enough to control that game and won't see him.

He wasn't benched, he was hurt and the replacement didn't give it up. Big difference.
Nope not buying it. Seen way more Starting QB’s get hurt and get their job back when healthy no matter how well the backup is playing.
It wasn’t until then that Huep knew Hendon was better.
You must not of been around prior to that season when EVERYONE that had seen them in practice was saying Milton had separated himself from the other QBs and looked the best.

VN Store

Back