The future is now. Bring in Nico.

Oline blocked fine, just a lot of stupid false starts and the center. What a terrible player.
You contradict yourself often.
The Center is part of the O line so which is it.
Couldn’t pick up a yard on 4th down, pass that was probably a TD gets knocked down by defender 3 yards deep in our backfield etc, etc etc.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
You contradict yourself often.
The Center is part of the O line so which is it.
Couldn’t pick up a yard on 4th down, pass that was probably a TD gets knocked down by defender 3 yards deep in our backfield etc, etc etc.

The center is a backup that shouldn’t even be on the football team. The oline will be fine when copper is back in. The 4th down was more of a **** play call, but the refs also had a huge part in that. Zero reason UF should have been allowed to sub.

If Nico can’t start against UTSA, why we even spend 8 million to get him. I don’t think this was all on Joe but he’s mediocre at best.
I look at it this way. You're definitely going to lose a bunch of games with Milton at QB. I don't see much difference in winning 6 or 7 games even 8. Bottom line is they're wasting time with Milton.

I look at it this way. You're definitely going to lose a bunch of games with Milton at QB. I don't see much difference in winning 6 or 7 games even 8. Bottom line is they're wasting time with Milton.

Agreed. He might ball out against one team but 9/10 times he has been mediocre or even bad. I know you don’t want to throw true freshmen out there, but if Nico is what we all believe he is, he can handle it.

I agree. Go ahead and start getting Nico experience. This will be his team next year.

Just curious if those screaming for Nico actually think having him at QB is going to magically fix our O line issues? Both tackles are getting abused fairly frequently.
Will it help our wideouts create separation to get open and catch the ball?
And do you think having him at QB is going to fix our secondary and miserable tackling issues so that the defense gets off the field on 3rd downs to put the ball in his hands?

If he keeps it up he’ll tear down anything he’s built real fast my friend. You don’t get embarrassed by a terrible Florida team, and look terrible against Austin peay that’s not building sh** but a sh** sand-which.
It’s scary how short people’s memories can be.

Just curious if those screaming for Nico actually think having him at QB is going to magically fix our O line issues? Both tackles are getting abused fairly frequently.
Will it help our wideouts create separation to get open and catch the ball?
And do you think having him at QB is going to fix our secondary and miserable tackling issues so that the defense gets off the field on 3rd downs to put the ball in his hands?
Can’t like this enough. This whole ridiculous narrative of the night be like tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football.

Can’t like this enough. This whole ridiculous narrative of the night be like tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football.
A lot of what I’m reading tonight has me thinking, did we just watch the same game and do they really understand what we were seeing.🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 4chrissy
The center is a backup that shouldn’t even be on the football team. The oline will be fine when copper is back in. The 4th down was more of a **** play call, but the refs also had a huge part in that. Zero reason UF should have been allowed to sub.
Well you have to put someone in to play center. So by saying he shouldn’t be on the team reinforces that the O line is trouble.
Saying it will be “fine “ when cooper is back is wishful thinking. Fine until the next injury maybe.
No Quality depth.

Heuple already benched him once, why wouldn’t he again?
He didn’t really “bench” Milton. He got hurt and then Hooker took the opportunity and ran with it so well that he just kept the job

Well you have to put someone in to play center. So by saying he shouldn’t be on the team reinforces that the O line is trouble.
Saying it will be “fine “ when cooper is back is wishful thinking. Fine until the next injury maybe.
No Quality depth.

True. While it’s the mess we were left with from Pruitt….but….With the transfer portal, should have found someone. Time to figure it out quickly

A lot of what I’m reading tonight has me thinking, did we just watch the same game and do they really understand what we were seeing.🤦‍♀️
My son, not a Tennessee fan, just came in and asked what is wrong with Tennessee fans after he listened to 5 minutes of a post game call in show.

I am afraid to Milton could be JH's JG. He is sticking with him despite knowing that he's not capable of running the entire playbook with him in the game. Maybe he feels like he owes it to him for patiently wait I g his turn. Maybe he is enamored by the arm strength. But it's a failed experiment. We are going to win 9 games max with Milton at the helm and that's being super optimistic. Every coach that we play just saw the Playbook on how to shut us down offensively and pick us apart defensively. No one considered Milton a threat as a Runner so it's basically 10 versus 11 out there on the field with him playing. He doesn't have legs and he's afraid to take a hit. It's time to move on to the Future.

Nico is going to be green and is going to make a lot of mistakes. But I have to think that at the end of the day he is going to be equally as successful as Milton this season. I don't feel like we're actually going to give up any wins by bringing him in. I don't think this is a case of "scrap the rest of this season and let's get the backup quarterback some experience so that we can have a good next season". I think we will have the same record this season with Milton or Nico. But at least we can build on this season going into next season. Next season should not be a case of sticking Nico in as the starter with very minimal experience. That's just the recipe for another nine win at best season. And to be dead honest, I think the team plays uninspired because they don't truly want Milton starting. He's not the guy they can rally around.

Dilly, Dilly......

Turned out he was wrong starting Milton over Hooker. Surely he's wondering if he's wrong once more to start Milton over Nico

True. While it’s the mess we were left with from Pruitt….but….With the transfer portal, should have found someone. Time to figure it out quickly
Can’t argue with that. It’s the thing im probably, (hate to say dissatisfied, but for lack of better word) with from Huepel. Way too many good players moving around to not fill the biggest needs.

I am afraid to Milton could be JH's JG. He is sticking with him despite knowing that he's not capable of running the entire playbook with him in the game. Maybe he feels like he owes it to him for patiently wait I g his turn. Maybe he is enamored by the arm strength. But it's a failed experiment. We are going to win 9 games max with Milton at the helm and that's being super optimistic. Every coach that we play just saw the Playbook on how to shut us down offensively and pick us apart defensively. No one considered Milton a threat as a Runner so it's basically 10 versus 11 out there on the field with him playing. He doesn't have legs and he's afraid to take a hit. It's time to move on to the Future.

Nico is going to be green and is going to make a lot of mistakes. But I have to think that at the end of the day he is going to be equally as successful as Milton this season. I don't feel like we're actually going to give up any wins by bringing him in. I don't think this is a case of "scrap the rest of this season and let's get the backup quarterback some experience so that we can have a good next season". I think we will have the same record this season with Milton or Nico. But at least we can build on this season going into next season. Next season should not be a case of sticking Nico in as the starter with very minimal experience. That's just the recipe for another nine win at best season. And to be dead honest, I think the team plays uninspired because they don't truly want Milton starting. He's not the guy they can rally around.

I made the exact same comparison GG/Pruitt, hypo/Milton this summer. This is always the way this season was going to go. If you’ve watched football for a long time, it’s not surprising that Milton isn’t good. He was a fourth year player when Heupel started his tenure here. And he was freaking terrible. We lost to Pitt and Florida to start that year. And it’s not just a single thing. Of course, the overthrows, and an accurate pass a stand out. But it’s just having Moxie out on the field. Understanding timing and distance. Milton had at least three times tonight where an offensive lineman got a hand on the ball, including on the I NT. Those are on Milton. The pressure came right up the middle on all three of them. He just can’t manage all the information. Yes to no where his WR is going to be and essentially how long he hast to hold the ball to be able to give the WR time to get to his spot. He has to process distance and speed. Perhaps he needs to slide left or right at the blitz is going to get there before he can release the ball.
There’s just 50 little scenarios like the one I just described above that happen throughout the game. When you see a quarterback play over the course of a couple of games, you just see patterns and quickly are able to recognize if a guy has it or not. And it didn’t take most of us a whole lot of time to realize Milton didn’t have it. Fourth year players that don’t have it… Are never going to have it.
I really thought Heupel would encourage Milton to look around after that first year. How could he watch? Milton play the quarterback position so poorly and think yeah… This is the guy I want in place after hooker leaves. It just makes no freaking sense how somebody that smart doesn’t recognize that Milton isn’t a good quarterback.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
He didn’t really “bench” Milton. He got hurt and then Hooker took the opportunity and ran with it so well that he just kept the job
It still surprises me that so many “fans” seem to not actually know that Joe got really injured in that game and that he suffered multiple ligament tears in his ankle.
Or perhaps the truth just doesn’t fit their Joe got “benched” narrative.

Reactions: 4chrissy
Fix the OL issues, and there are plenty, and call plays like you want to score 48 points a game. Milton is not the problem, minus his one hop slants. I think it’s coaching, his footwork is sometimes nonexistent. WRs again had some drops but I liked that they seemed to bounce back.

Reactions: BradstarVols
Fix the OL issues, and there are plenty, and call plays like you want to score 48 points a game. Milton is not the problem, minus his one hop slants. I think it’s coaching, his footwork is sometimes nonexistent. WRs again had some drops but I liked that they seemed to bounce back.
Fix the OL ? How ?

VN Store

Back