The Bruce Pearl Thread

Would you be for Bruce Pearl's return if Martin is fired after next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You put Lofton,Smith and Watson.on this team,we would be better than 9-8. Pearl was lucky to have them on his team and that was all on Buzz not Pearl

I loved the early Pearl years. He brought us to new levels, made us relevant, and was the main reason TBA looks like a NBA arena and we now have Pratt Pavilion. I will always appreciate those things. However, he really hurt this program and set it back by doing business the way he did. If you think the BBQ was the only shady thing he did you're in denial. Tobias Harris' recruitment was called one of the top 10 dirtiest recruitments of all time, whatever that tells ya. He had people looking to nail him for what he'd done, he should've been smarter. I'd have a lot more respect for him if 3 years ago he said, thanks UT but I'm leaving for...Iowa or whatever. We could've gone out at the time, hire a very good coach, and not have been set back like we were as a result of his antics.

JMO

The rumors on Tobias' recruitment are just that. My trouble with the people slamming Pearl is that they are like some judges I have known who sentence a person strongly for DUI when they have been caught many times for the same offense and are not even arrested, but given a ride home.

The rumors on Tobias' recruitment are just that. My trouble with the people slamming Pearl is that they are like some judges I have known who sentence a person strongly for DUI when they have been caught many times for the same offense and are not even arrested, but given a ride home.

How would you know they're rumors? This was voted on by coaches, I'm sure they'd have a much better idea about what was going on than you would.

I can tell you for a FACT Emmanuel Negedu and most of the players on that years team were receiving "extra benefits".

**no not by me**

How would you know they're rumors? This was voted on by coaches, I'm sure they'd have a much better idea about what was going on than you would.

I can tell you for a FACT Emmanuel Negedu and most of the players on that years team were receiving "extra benefits".

**no not by me**

I would 10 to 1 rather have coaches and fans of other teams hating our coach than have them loving the coach we have now.

!0 of the 15 players on our roster belong to Martin so if he can't find one player out of 10 to replace a 6'7" forward then he has some serious questions about his ability to recruit.

That 6'7 forward happened to be an all sec player, so yeah. Pretty hard to replace unless you are UK...

So, you are complaining about Bruce's last recruiting class (2010) of Tobias Harris, Jordan McRae, and Trae Golden?

2009 class was Melvin Goins (Juco) and Kenny Hall, with Maymon's transfer into that class.

2008 had Hopson and Bobby Maze.

Again, I don't really see the decline.

Golden, McRae weren't the players they are now. Barley played. Maymon thought he was a SG along with Swiper and couldn't even start over Stevie. Martin transformed him into the player he is today. Kenny Hall sucks.

!0 of the 15 players on our roster belong to Martin so if he can't find one player out of 10 to replace a 6'7" forward then he has some serious questions about his ability to recruit.

This is such a dumb post. It's not like he was a senior and we were recruiting to replace him this year, they were relying on him. How would UK fair if you took away poythress? How has DUKE faired when they took away Kelly? How'd Bama do without Steele? How's mizzouri doing without bowers?

So, you are complaining about Bruce's last recruiting class (2010) of Tobias Harris, Jordan McRae, and Trae Golden?

2009 class was Melvin Goins (Juco) and Kenny Hall, with Maymon's transfer into that class.

2008 had Hopson and Bobby Maze.

Again, I don't really see the decline.

What about his 2011 class that would have consisted of two non-qualifiers? We probably would have had a losing record last year if he had stayed.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree much better than ccm but he did lie to ut and NCAA so he will never be rehired... besides with hart he does not want someone on campus with more pull than himself.. he lived it at fsu n didn't like it bobby bowden owned that campus...

Ccm will get one more year no matter what but from what I've seen he is average n without superior players we will make the NCAA 1 n 4 years at best but that's ut lately... just be middle of pack don't have players get into trouble n god forbid we push the rules...

If people think Fulmer played by the rules they need to put the crack.

Pearl was a very good basketball coach. Tennessee would have made the NCAAs this year and last year if he was coach. I would rehire him.

You don't know that. But highly unlikely no. No Richardson or possibly Stokes. Who knows who he would have brought in, but his 2011 class didn't look very strong.

I agree much better than ccm but he did lie to ut and NCAA so he will never be rehired... besides with hart he does not want someone on campus with more pull than himself.. he lived it at fsu n didn't like it bobby bowden owned that campus...

Ccm will get one more year no matter what but from what I've seen he is average n without superior players we will make the NCAA 1 n 4 years at best but that's ut lately... just be middle of pack don't have players get into trouble n god forbid we push the rules...

If people think Fulmer played by the rules they need to put the crack.

A lot of donors are starting to rethink the situation and when money talks, BS walks.

Couldn't we just get a "Bruce Pearl Junk" forum added on sort of like the coaching rumor thing was added? That would be nice

Reactions: 2 people
This argument pisses me off to no end. Yea, we should have just waited two years and when Pearl returned we would have had zero talent. I guess I'm forgetting Pearl is a god and can win with a roster that would have zero recruited talent on it for two years if he had stayed. Pearl tanked us. He cheated and got caught and lied on top of that. He has zero integrity. He has a massive discipline problem and over half the recruits he obtained either got kicked off, arrested, or were total duds. You want to make this fair give Martin Lofton and Watson and see what happens. Don't give me this BS that Golden was Mr. Georgia basketball or Stokes was a five star player. Facts are, you take Stokes and Golden and ill take Lofton and lets see who wins more games. I like my chances, a lot. Get real people! Martin way not be the motivator or coach Pearl was, but at least he has some discipline. Martin is one shooter away from having something special here. One spot on shooter and I promise were are 13-4 right now instead of 9-8. Ole Miss proved what happens when you have a pure shooter.

Reactions: 2 people
This argument pisses me off to no end. Yea, we should have just waited two years and when Pearl returned we would have had zero talent. I guess I'm forgetting Pearl is a god and can win with a roster that would have zero recruited talent on it for two years if he had stayed. Pearl tanked us. He cheated and got caught and lied on top of that. He has zero integrity. He has a massive discipline problem and over half the recruits he obtained either got kicked off, arrested, or were total duds. You want to make this fair give Martin Lofton and Watson and see what happens. Don't give me this BS that Golden was Mr. Georgia basketball or Stokes was a five star player. Facts are, you take Stokes and Golden and ill take Lofton and lets see who wins more games. I like my chances, a lot. Get real people! Martin way not be the motivator or coach Pearl was, but at least he has some discipline. Martin is one shooter away from having something special here. One spot on shooter and I promise were are 13-4 right now instead of 9-8. Ole Miss proved what happens when you have a pure shooter.

^^^^This guy gets it. I was pissed when Pearl was let go. I loved him as our coach. But the bottom line is he hurt himself and our program. He left a bad roster, and the reason why Martin recruited 10 of our current players in just his second year is because of what he inherited. Bruce is the past, and last time I checked, we hadn't invented a time machine yet. Move freaking on. This debate is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back