The Bruce Pearl Thread

Would you be for Bruce Pearl's return if Martin is fired after next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It didnt take long -- just listed on Ebay tonight
mSE_m-ImGzKTV9qVQo68x9w.jpg

Hart had no options as relates to Pearl. Several people weighed in that it was never going to happen.. Not sure how Hart felt but he could not have changed it if he wanted to..

Thanks for some real insight, Larry. I've been shocked by the number of NegaVols in this thread.

I think an AD the calibre of Dickey though could have defied those powers - or at least sold - the special situation of the Pearl option.

I agree, Pearl bolted quick because the door was bolted shut.

Now, we have to make a homerun hire. Again, to do so requires Hart being pro-active, attracting candidates, and opening the purse at a tough time (thanks, Hambone) showing admin, boosters, et al that Tennessee is not Kentucky, that we can pay the basketball coach too, and that this will benefit all of UT full stop.

Sit-on-hands though seems to be, well, sitting on his hands (again).

Thanks for some real insight, Larry. I've been shocked by the number of NegaVols in this thread.

I think an AD the calibre of Dickey though could have defied those powers - or at least sold - the special situation of the Pearl option.

I agree, Pearl bolted quick because the door was bolted shut.

Now, we have to make a homerun hire. Again, to do so requires Hart being pro-active, attracting candidates, and opening the purse at a tough time (thanks, Hambone) showing admin, boosters, et al that Tennessee is not Kentucky, that we can pay the basketball coach too, and that this will benefit all of UT full stop.

Sit-on-hands though seems to be, well, sitting on his hands (again).

I am having trouble picturing Dickey doing something to help the basketball program.

Reactions: 1 person
If Cuonzo is lured away from TBA (for money, for the petition, whatever floats your boat) is the $5M buyout for Bruce Pearl the best money Hart could spend at this time?

Here's the rub though: paying the Auburn buyout would simultaneously be the best move the AD could make if Cuonzo finds greener pastures and also demonstrate his colossal incompetence (for those not already aware).

I think it highly likely Hart never approached BP with a "Don't be too quick to take something; you're in our thoughts. See how it plays out first." If Hart keeps his options open, if he defies Jimmy the Cheek, if he was working to advance UT athletics, it is possible we could have Bruce Pearl ready to fill the (potential) void.

Dave "sit on hands" Hart though has, once again, sat on his hands. If Cuonzo leaves, Hart has already failed (again).

Not going to happen you ignorant toad!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back