The 6A District 7 Thread

Hopefully it was just a first week thing cause Smyrna looked pretty bad for 3 1/2 quarters tonight too. Bad fundamentals overall. Fumbling the ball, not falling on the ball when it's on the ground, dropped passes, etc.. No down field passing game whatsoever. I'm not sure if it's lack of confidence in the quarterback or no WR playmakers, but it looked like both. Only got off 3 plays in the first quarter because they couldn't stop the run and get off the field. The team looks much smaller this year. They did show alot of heart in making a big late 4th quarter comeback to take it to overtime, but the play calling was far too conservative and they only got a FG. BGA finished it of with a short TD run. The Bulldogs have alot of work to do and several very tough games coming up. Could be tough even seeing the playoffs this year.

Blackman didn't look great at all. No passing game, O-line not as good as last year. I'tavius is gonna have to fight hard for those yards (had over 200) this year. Run defense looked good, pass defense was iffy. Not sure how they'll do this season.

Siegel (3-0) over #3 Blackman (2-1) 37-34
#2 Riverdale (3-0) over Smyrna (1-2) 21-14
#6 Oakland (3-0) over LaVergne (2-1) 28-0

Look for Siegel to be ranked in the top 10 after being #11 in last weeks AP Poll.
Smyrna is still a VERY VERY good football team. Their record is deceiving.
Give me any district against us and I'll pick 7AAA.

thriller in the boro tonight ! gallatin beat oakland 31-29

gallatin jumped out 21-0, oakland took 29-28 lead with 3min to go on like a 80 yard run by wade and the gallatin marched down to kick a fg with 0.9 secs to play for the win

gallatin was clearly the better team physically, oakland stayed in it with trickery - reverse/ bootleg/ lateral etc.

gallatin goes to 4-0 , oakland 3-1 heading to blackman next week. should be a good game, oakland can stop the run its their pass defense is terrible

All three of Smyrna's losses have come on the last play of the game. Very heartbreaking. If they can manage to make the playoffs they'll be one of the most battle tested teams. But that's looking like a big if with a tough schedule still to go.

All three of Smyrna's losses have come on the last play of the game. Very heartbreaking. If they can manage to make the playoffs they'll be one of the most battle tested teams. But that's looking like a big if with a tough schedule still to go.

Maryville went 0-4 to start the 2000 season. They win 11 straight after that to win the state championship. So, stranger things have happened.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Riverdale/Oak Ridge v. Sevier County/Maryville...interesting.

The 7AAA folk on CoachT have been doing a lot of talking. Time to back it up.

VN Store

Back