The 6A District 7 Thread

5 Championships and 4 runners up since 2000. That's 9 of the last eleven championship games with a district rep. It might not be 5 straight like the SEC has, but it's still quite alot more than any other district that's been in the same classification.

5 Championships and 4 runners up since 2000. That's 9 of the last eleven championship games with a district rep. It might not be 5 straight like the SEC has, but it's still quite alot more than any other district that's been in the same classification.

It's been dominant, no doubt.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

ok 1 Maryville and alcoa would destory all those teams and 2 tennessee is not even close to as good as florida texas and georgia in highschool football:furious3::furious3:

Maybe individually, but this thread is about a district as a whole. And top to bottom this is one of the toughest around. 5 of 6 teams in the top 12 of the preseason coaches poll for 6A.

Maryville>District 7
If they played top caliber teams every week they would not be winning all the time imo. Smyrna had their main r/b Bryson injured last year basically played defense championship game and Deon Meadows all state d linebacker out state championship game so the injuries do mount up when you consistanly play tough games. Smyrna had trouble having home games this year. We had to pu a team from Mississippi to play.

If they played top caliber teams every week they would not be winning all the time imo. Smyrna had their main r/b Bryson injured last year basically played defense championship game and Deon Meadows all state d linebacker out state championship game so the injuries do mount up when you consistanly play tough games. Smyrna had trouble having home games this year. We had to pu a team from Mississippi to play.

You are right.

It wasn't like Maryville was missing their QB for half the game or anything.

And if only 3 teams on Maryville's regular season schedule last year had made the semis in their classes.

I've been waiting for you to chime in here.

Don't know why Maryville people are getting so wound up about this. Everyone has acknowledged that Maryville is a great team. But Maryville is not a whole district. They would do well in 7-AAA and probably win it often, but it wouldn't be a cake walk because it's one of the most districts anywhere as a whole.

Don't know why Maryville people are getting so wound up about this. Everyone has acknowledged that Maryville is a great team. But Maryville is not a whole district. They would do well in 7-AAA and probably win it often, but it wouldn't be a cake walk because it's one of the most districts anywhere as a whole.

I would be willing to bet that Maryville would dominate it like they do their current district.

Wondering if you read the article or just the title.

I did.

I got a good chuckle out of a 6 pack being bought out of booster funds too.

I also find it funny 5 of the 6 principles had no idea that it was a violation. And by funny I mean BS.

You are right.

It wasn't like Maryville was missing their QB for half the game or anything.

And if only 3 teams on Maryville's regular season schedule last year had made the semis in their classes.

I've been waiting for you to chime in here.

You missing you're QB for half the game isn't as big as an impact as Smyrna missing their MLB and RB... And you clearly didn't read the article. Cheating? No, nice try though. Seems like you think Maryville is the hot s*** around Tennessee and that's not true. District 7AAA would pound you guys more then the district you're in. Oh yeah, and if you want to talk about cheating.... How 'bout the coach you guys got? Paying players and renting apartments for them.

I would be willing to bet that Maryville would dominate it like they do their current district.

They beat Smyrna by a bad snap when both teams were short handed. I said earlier that they would be very competitive and probably win the district every couple years. They would not dominate, however. No team does. Every game is hard fought and it isn't decided till the end of the season.

Oh yeah, and if you want to talk about cheating.... How 'bout the coach you guys got? Paying players and renting apartments for them.

Link?

I really enjoyed watching Maryville beat Smyrna. All MHS fans heard about all week was how great Smyrna was, and how they would show Maryville how to play football. Ha. Better luck next time.

They beat Smyrna.

This is all that needs to be said.

Link?

I really enjoyed watching Maryville beat Smyrna. All MHS fans heard about all week was how great Smyrna was, and how they would show Maryville how to play football. Ha. Better luck next time.

This is all that needs to be said.

I don't need a link. Everyone knows it that knows 7AAA Football. Smyrna wins that game without a bad snap. So you weren't better then Smyrna. You got a lucky break, it happens. So, Ha. :crazy:

I don't need a link. Everyone knows it that knows 7AAA Football. Smyrna wins that game without a bad snap. So you weren't better then Smyrna. You got a lucky break, it happens. So, Ha. :crazy:

What proof do you have of MHS's coaching staff providing apartments for it's players? That was why I asked for a link. You can make wild claims all day long, such as that Smyrna was the better team, but that doesn't make them true.

As for who the better team is, Maryville has the Gold Ball. Enjoy your silver ball, though.

Last edited:
What proof do you have of MHS's coaching staff providing apartments for it's players? That was why I asked for a link. You can make wild claims all day long, such as that Smyrna was the better team, but that doesn't make them true.

As for who the better team is, Maryville has the Gold Ball. Enjoy your silver ball, though.

Maryville didn't. Rankin at Riverdale did. I have no doubt he does it at Maryville either.

And, I don't like Smyrna. I hate them with a passion, but I stick up for my conference. Smyrna wins that game without a botched snap. Smyrna's line whipped Maryville's and you know it. Maryville got the breaks, Smyrna didn't.

Maryville didn't. Rankin at Riverdale did. I have no doubt he does it at Maryville either.

And, I don't like Smyrna. I hate them with a passion, but I stick up for my conference. Smyrna wins that game without a botched snap. Smyrna's line whipped Maryville's and you know it. Maryville got the breaks, Smyrna didn't.

So, you were talking about Rankin in the post below?

You missing you're QB for half the game isn't as big as an impact as Smyrna missing their MLB and RB... And you clearly didn't read the article. Cheating? No, nice try though. Seems like you think Maryville is the hot s*** around Tennessee and that's not true. District 7AAA would pound you guys more then the district you're in. Oh yeah, and if you want to talk about cheating.... How 'bout the coach you guys got? Paying players and renting apartments for them.

Again, Maryville has the Gold Ball. You all have the 'Thanks for playing' trophy. Get over it.

I heard that GQ trains his OL with REAL dinosaurs, and QB Patton Robinette is a legitimate cyborg that GQ paid 10 grand to not eat his children. No link to prove, just gotta believe me on this one!

Rankin is at Maryville?

News to me.

I heard that GQ trains his OL with REAL dinosaurs, and QB Patton Robinette is a legitimate cyborg that GQ paid 10 grand to not eat his children. No link to prove, just gotta believe me on this one!

Allsome.

VN Store

Back