The 6A District 7 Thread

Siegel demolished Tullahoma 7 v 7 wise... So you all's WR and RB aren't that great, lol.

Smyrna is expected to drop this year. Look for Riverdale and Blackman to be the teams to beat, with Siegel and Oakland breathing down their neck. Don't be surprised to see 5 of the 6 teams in that district in the playoffs.

Yea and check who played bud! They didn't have their top players there cause they were busy winning a 16u world series championship in baseball! We'll see come game time.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Siegel demolished Tullahoma 7 v 7 wise... So you all's WR and RB aren't that great, lol.

Smyrna is expected to drop this year. Look for Riverdale and Blackman to be the teams to beat, with Siegel and Oakland breathing down their neck. Don't be surprised to see 5 of the 6 teams in that district in the playoffs.

Interesting. I did not know Smyrna had lost so much. If MHS can take care of business, I expect they will see one of the above mentioned teams deep in the playoffs, as may OR or Bearden.

Oh but they did beat them. You just said that riverdale would be the team to beat,but earlier when I mentioned that they were tough, you said they weren't going to be good.which is it?

I didn't say they weren't going to be good, I said that anyone could beat them in the district. Again, please read my posts before you make yourself look stupid. And, Riverdale was a team of inexperienced Sophomores and Juniors. This year they will be an experienced team, ready for a title run.

Interesting. I did not know Smyrna had lost so much. If MHS can take care of business, I expect they will see one of the above mentioned teams deep in the playoffs, as may OR or Bearden.

Yes. Smyrna lost their starting QB Steve Wilson, WR's Gaines and Vick, and lost RB Jeremiah Bryson (Pittsburgh signee, that came back to MTSU due to personal problems.) Look for Smyrna to be competitive, but they went 0-3-1 in a 7 v 7 Tourny at MTSU last Saturday. So their is work to be done.

Yea and check who played bud! They didn't have their top players there cause they were busy winning a 16u world series championship in baseball! We'll see come game time.

No we won't because Tullahoma doesn't play anyone this year from District 7AAA in the regular season.

Every year people say an east TN team is going to run over the 7-AAA representative in the playoffs (in the semifinals before the realignment), and every year the RuCo teams handle the east except for Maryville. Maryville and Alcoa are admittedly on their level, and there are several other teams over there that could be competitive in 7-AAA, but top to bottom there is no better district. And Tullahoma would finish in the bottom third of this district, it's not even close. There's a huge difference in the classifications.

Every year people say an east TN team is going to run over the 7-AAA representative in the playoffs (in the semifinals before the realignment), and every year the RuCo teams handle the east except for Maryville. Maryville and Alcoa are admittedly on their level, and there are several other teams over there that could be competitive in 7-AAA, but top to bottom there is no better district. And Tullahoma would finish in the bottom third of this district, it's not even close. There's a huge difference in the classifications.

7-AAA is a tough district, but so is Maryville's. Farragut, Bearden, and Maryville all in the same district? I'm not taking anything away from 7-AAA, but don't shortchange the east. Also, IIRC, Oak Ridge and Maryville both defeated opponents from 7-AAA in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Like I said, Maryville is on it's own level and there are teams that can play with the RuCo. teams. But this is the deepest district overall. Also, last year's Riverdale team was way down, the fourth best team in the district. Those other three are good, but would be about third in 7-AAA usually. Maryville is easily one of the best 2 team every year without a doubt though.

Like I said, Maryville is on it's own level and there are teams that can play with the RuCo. teams. But this is the deepest district overall. Also, last year's Riverdale team was way down, the fourth best team in the district. Those other three are good, but would be about third in 7-AAA usually. Maryville is easily one of the best 2 team every year without a doubt though.

I can agree with that.

7-AAA is a tough district, but so is Maryville's. Oak Ridge, Farragut, Bearden, and Maryville all in the same district? I'm not taking anything away from 7-AAA, but don't shortchange the east. Also, IIRC, Oak Ridge and Maryville both defeated opponents from 7-AAA in the playoffs.

Oak Ridge is in District 3-AAA. Like the guy above me, Maryville is on their own level, but RuCo teams could beat Maryville. And I'd put Riverdale-Maryville, Blackman-Oak Ridge, Oakland-Farragut, and Siegel-Bearden and I'd bet RuCo would be 3-1 atleast.

Oak Ridge is in District 3-AAA. Like the guy above me, Maryville is on their own level, but RuCo teams could beat Maryville. And I'd put Riverdale-Maryville, Blackman-Oak Ridge, Oakland-Farragut, and Siegel-Bearden and I'd bet RuCo would be 3-1 atleast.

Forgive me, had a brain fart.

That is written by somebody with an agenda. If you think that any of those scrub teams (except riverdale)could compete in Fla. Ga. Miss. Tx. Then you need to start walking around wearing a helmet because you are a retard.Btw the national inquirer had an article about space aliens running a mini-mart in Tulsa. Since somebody wrote it in print it must be true.:crazy:

Riverdale hasn't even won the district in at least 4 years. Oakland won 3 years ago along with the state championship, Blackman won the district 2 years ago, and Smyrna last year. Not so sure why you think Riverdale is any better than the rest of the district. Although this year, Riverdale is expected to be the top team in the district with Blackman a very close 2nd.

If I'm not mistaken Tullahoma beat Blackman last year, on their way to the state tourney, and are poised to do so again! I would have to agree that the better teams in the state are in East Tenn. I used to live in, and my son still plays for Tullahoma, and love it there. Don't get me wrong, the 'boro area is extremely tough to compete against, but seeing both sides now that I live in East Tenn, iwould have to say Maryville, Alcoa, Farragut, and these area teams would CRUSH that area! Alcoa has won wat the last 6 championships in their division ? That's not even putting Maryville's multiple championships in there! My money is on the East bud!

Blackman beat Tullahoma 2 years ago 52-0 and last year something like 49-27. Neither game was even that close. We would've played Tullahoma again this year if they were willing to play us. They did not want anymore of Blackman from what I understand.

Competition wise, this district is about as good as it gets. There have legitimately been 4 teams capable of winning the state championship the last 2 years. Lavergne has been the only team that has been below average and has been the worst team in district 7 but even they would make the playoffs in a lot of other districts in this state. They would have competed to win district 8aaa. Siegel has been a good solid team that has been just below the top 4. That could change this year. Riverdale, Blackman, Smyrna, and Oakland have all been capable of state championships the last 2 years. That why this district is so good. I know there are other districts that are very strong also. Maryville's district is very good but top to bottom, I think district 7 is better.

Honestly Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon from their district could have held their own against it as well..... If not for Alcoa CAK would have two titles.

Oh cool. We have 4. Riverdale, Siegel, Oakland, and Blackman. Heard of them?

I know all of them have continually talked of what they would do to Maryville when the Rebs played the "big boys" of Rutherford Co. And to date the record stands Maryville 2, Rutherford Co. 0.

Ironically enough in that same time frame Alcoa is 2-0 against Maryvillle, so go figure for yourself.

I'm not saying that 7-AAA isn't the toughest top to down district in the state, because it is. But please spare me the "it's the Alpha and Omega of TN High School Football" speech. 4-AAA is good and there is also a ton of talent in 14-AAA to 16-AAA too.

Last edited:
i'd say district 7 is the best top to bottom, but calling it "the sec of tennessee hs football" is laughable. the sec has won 6 consecutive national titles, much like maryville and alcoa in their respective divisions, granted the sec has had a few teams win as opposed to one.

VN Store

Back