Tennessee Lady Vols return to prominence begins next year.

I typically don't not reply to replies or my posts, but McGraw and Tara "haven't proven anything coaching wise"? That's ridiculous.

It is easy to be on the outside looking in, which is why I've given some benefit of the doubt to some of the lack of success on the court. A great team and season isn't always about gong to the Final Four. Holly has done well overall. I've never thought she should be fired but think she must adjust her strategy, staff, approach, something because the program has clearly slipped in the last few years. She made a change last year that resulted in a significant upgrade in recruiting. Now, it seems she should make some others.

I agree with your second half.

Does anyone really believe Holly can coach any team to greatness or a Championship?

She has several SEC titles already but certainly the NCAA title will be elusive from now on. We'll have to recruit as well as UConn, Baylor, Texas, Notre Dame etc who are now in the National spotlight.

Looks like we'll be without Diamond next season. I don't know about Mercedes but I debut she stays either. I know Diamond seems to be ready to move to the next level and although Mercedes is not ready suspect she may leave as well. So if this is true we'll see a lot different team on the floor next season.
Westbrooks wins the point and probably see Cooper play the two. Nared will be back and Green will be the person to take the post if Mercedes leaves. The fifth spot could be Davis or Middleton. Looks like we'll be play small ball again as I expect that KK will be used as the backup for Green and will not start with her.
We'll be stronger off the bench with Hayes, KK, and Jackson hopefully dramatically improved from this season.
We should be in the top three in the SEC with these players and should win the SEC favorite if Diamond returns.
This will be sorted out quickly not much time to declare for the WNBA after the tourney so we'll know rather quickly what the roster will look like next season.

Reactions: 1 person
I think DD has already decided to leave. She has said several times that her goal is to go #1 in the draft, and this is her year to do that. Next year, A'ja Wilson probably takes the top spot.

If DD returns, I could see her leading the LVs to the F4, even the championship game. DD, MR, JN and Te'a with a talented bench could be special. But this year was probably the window for that and the LVs didn't capitalize on it. DD could have been, should have been, great here. Maybe she'll be great in the NCAAT and that will make her want to return and finish with Te'a.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like we'll be without Diamond next season. I don't know about Mercedes but I debut she stays either. I know Diamond seems to be ready to move to the next level and although Mercedes is not ready suspect she may leave as well. So if this is true we'll see a lot different team on the floor next season.
Westbrooks wins the point and probably see Cooper play the two. Nared will be back and Green will be the person to take the post if Mercedes leaves. The fifth spot could be Davis or Middleton. Looks like we'll be play small ball again as I expect that KK will be used as the backup for Green and will not start with her.
We'll be stronger off the bench with Hayes, KK, and Jackson hopefully dramatically improved from this season.
We should be in the top three in the SEC with these players and should win the SEC favorite if Diamond returns.
This will be sorted out quickly not much time to declare for the WNBA after the tourney so we'll know rather quickly what the roster will look like next season.

I agree Diamond will move on Mercedes should stay and go to work with hakeem olajuwon at his camp over the summer she can use the help. Our coaching staff to me has done a awful job teaching her how to be. As for Middleton i just don`t see her as a starter no way.

Is there an article, interview or something that I'm missing, because all of a sudden everybody is thinking DD leaves.

Is there an article, interview or something that I'm missing, because all of a sudden everybody is thinking DD leaves.

She is projected as the number one draft pick so where you gonna go. She would probably drop in the 2018 draft to about 3rd or 4th. She had that look on her face like she was headed to the draft you could just see it. Mercedes was more of one that didn't seem to have made up her mind. She is projected at the bottom of the first round 11th or 12th so she could get better and move up a little in the 2018 draft.

VN Store

Back