Tennessee Lady Vols return to prominence begins next year.

If DD is first round draft pick she is gone. MR maybe right behind her. With the way this year has gone why not get out of town.

Reactions: 1 person
If DD is first round draft pick she is gone. MR maybe right behind her. With the way this year has gone why not get out of town.

They both wants to win a NC and coming back next year is the only chance they have. They will have a hard time making the sweet 16 this year, and even harder to make the Elite 8.

They both wants to win a NC and coming back next year is the only chance they have. They will have a hard time making the sweet 16 this year, and even harder to make the Elite 8.

They have a better chance winning the NC this year against a young, inexperienced, undersized UConn team compared to the Super Team Geno has assembled for next year.

If no one takes out UConn this year, they could well go undefeated for the next two years.

They have a better chance winning the NC this year against a young, inexperienced, undersized UConn team compared to the Super Team Geno has assembled for next year.

If no one takes out UConn this year, they could well go undefeated for the next two years.

I totally agree with you on UConn vulnerability this year.... get them this year or they will be flying for next year or two......

Can't figure out how we are going to master the fundamentals so that we can make run this year.... hope so tho

Sorry but I doubt they are back and Holly better string 2 or 3 top 3 classes back to back if we ever want to get back to final four

Tara Vanderveer beat Geno a couple times with far less talent. The problem with her it's hard to get top recruits to go to Stanford.

This is true. With Stanford's acceptance rate currently at 5%, one of the lowest in the country for years, Tara has done a wonderful job with the recruits that are able to meet their strict criteria.

For this program to reach it's lofty potential,, This team,,,the next team,,,and, on,,, Has to have that one influence in the coaching ranks that can read the players.

If you don't have this influence on your staff, you cannot reach, or read, your players.

My business mentor used to say "either you know, or,, you don't know"
I say, "either, we have, or we don't have" this influence.

There was a lot of mental baggage when the SEC culminated:
DD was fading
Jaime had all but disappeared.
Jordan got called out for saying the truth
Meme's pine time has increased
A\M's role had changed, again
Dunbar's role is..................What role?
Harris....Who?
Only MR and Qui seem to be without mental baggage right now.

For most of these things, the right words and the right approach could turn it around in a blink. I hope someone on staff is able to understand that these things have to be addressed.

If Holly was a good coach wouldn't she already have seen this and addressed it by changing her style or hiring someone who could do it? Doesn't this just point to the fact that she is either clueless or too stubborn? At the least she needs to take a public speaking course. They had those at UT when I was there 20 years ago. I'm sure they still do. She exudes very little confidence which can't help the confidence of your team. For about the billionth time on this board said by me and countless others, "Teams take on the personalities of their coach." She needs to learn how to be a leader very soon or move on.

Yeah someone better take advantage of Uconns lack of height this year because they will get it back next yr with Azura Stevens. Better hope she's a bust like Natalie Butler but I highly doubt it. I hate to think that team could win 3+ nattys with this roster and coach.

Yeah someone better take advantage of Uconns lack of height this year because they will get it back next yr with Azura Stevens. Better hope she's a bust like Natalie Butler but I highly doubt it. I hate to think that team could win 3+ nattys with this roster and coach.

Azura Stevens already proved she's an elite college player while at Duke. She won't have to carry the team and will be playing in a system where everyone gets touches. She's going to be a tough addition. Then there's Batouly Camara who will add more size and physicality to the post, and Megan Walker and a slew of 5 star guards/wings sitting on the bench. They will have zero weaknesses next year. They might be better than last year's team.

Is Russell the best eligible center this year for the Wnba draft?

I personally think Brionna Jones is. Russell is more talented than Alaina Coates, but I think Coates' physicality and toughness makes her a better prospect.

With the draft as it is, I can't imagine Russell not being a top 12 pick...Maybe more likely top 10.

We still want to blame the players for the Lady Vols lack of success. How many five stars do we need to recruit before we find a group that are self motivated, self developing, self inspired and on their own, take it to the top level. We do not have a bunch of bad five stars, these players have the skills they just need to be developed, motivated and inspired by their coaches. How could anyone be inspired or motivated by a coach that says I can't coach effort, then demand it, and I don't know why players are playing the way they are? If the head coach is clueless about how to inspire or motivate their players where do they get it from? In essence, she lays the blame on the players. If this program is going to change and become relevant under Holly, she is going to need a total coaching makeover. That will be a miracle.

Reactions: 2 people
We still want to blame the players for the Lady Vols lack of success. How many five stars do we need to recruit before we find a group that are self motivated, self developing, self inspired and on their own, take it to the top level. We do not have a bunch of bad five stars, these players have the skills they just need to be developed, motivated and inspired by their coaches. How could anyone be inspired or motivated by a coach that says I can't coach effort, then demand it, and I don't know why players are playing the way they are? If the head coach is clueless about how to inspire or motivate their players where do they get it from? In essence, she lays the blame on the players. If this program is going to change and become relevant under Holly, she is going to need a total coaching makeover. That will be a miracle.

You were 100% spot on and I was completely with you, and then! If - change - Holly needs to. She has shown you the best that she has and proven to be lacking. Damn, we have the no. 1 recruiting class coming in and a window to start fresh with them, c'mon Currie do your job.

Amen ...preach it brother ...... there may be some converts out there someday !!!

So bang on again teacherdean..... we have recruited pretty successfully, and recruited great players.... problem is getting them to play as a team.... and performing the fundamentals within a team context.... either our players are not competent, or they lack direction. I have had my opinion for last 5 years on which it is

MVF - I think you are selling Butler short.... she is noticeably slower afoot than the others on the team, yet from what i have seen in the few games I have seen her play.... she is a good role player, and is a good defensive player in the middle, especially when Conn needs extra fouls..... she also seems to carry a great attitude on the bench, which is an important intangible.... i think she gives something to their team

Mcgraw's ship has slowly been sinking since Diggins and crew departed. She's average and like Tara Vanderveer haven't proven anything coaching wise.

Holly is better than many of these coaches, but ill-fortune seems to throw the monkey wrench in her works.
None of the above mentioned coaches would have faired any better under similar circumstances in the duration of time,following the illness and sudden passing of the legend and her mentor.
Given all the dominoes falling into place,we may witness what she has learned from her mentor which was plenty, and her own envision of the heights she wants to lead this program towards.
But it"s easy being outside the store,looking into the window and criticizing the dummy that's wearing the wardrobe you will not look good wearing.
It's easy on the outside looking in, until it pours down raining.

I typically don't not reply to replies or my posts, but McGraw and Tara "haven't proven anything coaching wise"? That's ridiculous.

It is easy to be on the outside looking in, which is why I've given some benefit of the doubt to some of the lack of success on the court. A great team and season isn't always about gong to the Final Four. Holly has done well overall. I've never thought she should be fired but think she must adjust her strategy, staff, approach, something because the program has clearly slipped in the last few years. She made a change last year that resulted in a significant upgrade in recruiting. Now, it seems she should make some others.

It's speech-to-text on the phone, not that they can't spell.

I use the speech feature quite a lot and it's quite poor at basic spelling and grammar. The one that tickles me is Aubrey Leach on the softball team. Every time I make a post and use her name it comes out leech.

Nobody nowadays uses computer to type.. Mr. or Ms. professor need to pay attention on comments not ppls grammar ..Rubbish professor.

Next year???
This year isn't over.

A "very interesting season" has to be finished first.

the Lady Vols have met my first exception for them every year

make the Tournament first and win round one

my next concern will be the Sweet 16

then i worry from there :)

I don't get to excited,till these happen

or so I post on here anyway :pilot:

Nobody nowadays uses computer to type.. Mr. or Ms. professor need to pay attention on comments not ppls grammar ..Rubbish professor.

there is something besides a key board ?

and yes my only phone plugs into the wall :) as does my computer,yea DSL lol

VN Store

Back