Tennessee GOP Lawmaker Wants To Round Up All Recent Syrian Refugees In The State

It's just a thought exercise.

What are better ways of saving them?

I would imagine there are any number of ways for us to establish safe zones for them though I'm not against some coming here.

Here's a thought exercise, if we could mount an offensive where we have 5000 casualties but effectively drive ISIS out of Syria thus saving 100s of thousands of lives and allow some of the refugees to return home is that a fair trade?

You cannot be serious? This makes you a horrible ****ing person.

No, it makes you sound like a (don't want to be banned).

You've become a pretty disgusting individual huff. They must have taken some brain matter during your last roid surgery.

Reactions: 4 people
I would imagine there are any number of ways for us to establish safe zones for them though I'm not against some coming here.

Here's a thought exercise, if we could mount an offensive where we have 5000 casualties but effectively drive ISIS out of Syria thus saving 100s of thousands of lives and allow some of the refugees to return home is that a fair trade?

I don't presume to know what the right answer is, but I would say that's a pretty good result. I just don't know that that result is achievable. I know for a fact that we can save that many lives by taking people in, and we avoid the military costs (lives and $).

No, it makes you sound like a (don't want to be banned).

You've become a pretty disgusting individual huff. They must have taken some brain matter during your last roid surgery.

Makes me question your upbringing that you didn't already know this.

I was taught Christian morals. I was taught that all life is precious, whether it's your neighbor next door or down the street. #disgustingindividual

Reactions: 4 people
I don't presume to know what the right answer is, but I would say that's a pretty good result. I just don't know that that result is achievable. I know for a fact that we can save that many lives by taking people in, and we avoid the military costs (lives and $).

It's a thought exercise.

More could be saved with more military deaths and money. Are those more important than other lives?

I was taught Christian morals. I was taught that all life is precious, whether it's your neighbor next door or down the street. #disgustingindividual

Your thought exercise is not the way to evaluate whether someone is a disgusting individual.

Here's one, if we had stopped all immigration from Saudi Arabia for 5 years or so in the 90s it would have prevented 9/11.

Should we have done so?

How do you think the victims and victim families would answer that?

I get the basic point of relative risk but I certainly won't draw sweeping conclusions about people based on how they respond to one hypothetical question.

It's a thought exercise.

More could be saved with more military deaths and money.

You're saying this as a matter of fact or it's a thought exercise?

Are those more important than other lives?

Not sure I follow. Are you asking me if military lives are more important than civilian? My answer is of course no. But 5,000 is a lot of deaths, and I highly doubt terrorism from Syrian refugees would amount to that many civilian casualties. It just depends on your hypothetical. 5,000 civilian casualties for 5,000 military? Obviously the military signed up for this and are paid for it, so that's easy.

Reactions: 1 person
Your thought exercise is not the way to evaluate whether someone is a disgusting individual.

He called me a disgusting individual. I called him a horrible person for saying he would not trade 1 American life for a billion (or however many) Syrian lives.

Reactions: 6 people
What are some of the powers the Federal Gove4rnment has that you want given to the states?

Don't get me wrong I do believe that in certain areas the government is too big and bloated but I don't really see it as a states vs fed issue

Hog covered some of the areas I would have specifically mentioned. Although I'd add the BLM and Forest Service to that as well.

The wholesale ownership of massive amounts of property by the Federal government is not needed. While I believe in the national park system for a certain extent, I do not believe that management should be at the Federal level. And even worse is this Wilderness Preservation System.

You're saying this as a matter of fact or it's a thought exercise?

Not sure I follow. Are you asking me if military lives are more important than civilian? My answer is of course no. But 5,000 is a lot of deaths, and I highly doubt terrorism from Syrian refugees would amount to that many civilian casualties. It just depends on your hypothetical. 5,000 civilian casualties for 5,000 military? Obviously the military signed up for this and are paid for it, so that's easy.

On the bolded - you don't think ISIS's actions in Syria have caused this much death? Let alone the impact on the refugee situation.

It is a thought exercise.

I'm surprised you'd trade 5000 military for 5000 civilian. How about 5000 military for 1000 civilian?

On the bolded - you don't think ISIS's actions in Syria have caused this much death? Let alone the impact on the refugee situation.

It is a thought exercise.

I'm surprised you'd trade 5000 military for 5000 civilian. How about 5000 military for 1000 civilian?

Why? You wouldn't?

I don't know on 5,000 vs 1,000. It's tough. Probably not.

All life is precious, I just value US civilian lives more than other nationalities.

Reactions: 5 people
All life is precious, I just value US civilian lives <b>infinitely</b> more than other nationalities.

I remember Jesus teaching that people like me are more important than the rest. It's why I'm a racist. It's also why I'm a nationalist. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back