Tennessee GOP Lawmaker Wants To Round Up All Recent Syrian Refugees In The State

I see your point but I believe The Civil War changed everything.

It surely did. One of the greatest power grabs by a federal government in history.

Some things that came out of that power grab were good. The abolition of slavery for example. But it also set this nation on a direct course for an all too powerful federal government. Something the Founding Fathers fought against when we were established.

Reactions: 2 people
It surely did. One of the greatest power grabs by a federal government in history.

Some things that came out of that power grab were good. The abolition of slavery for example. But it also set this nation on a direct course for an all too powerful federal government. Something the Founding Fathers fought against when we were established.
JMO but I do not believe The United States would exist today if that hadn't happened.

Reactions: 1 person
Legal scholars agree that it would be unconstitutional for governors to take such a course of action. But Casada said he still thinks the state should try.
"We need to activate the Tennessee National Guard and stop them from coming in to the state by whatever means we can. ... Tennessee is a sovereign state. If the federal government is forsaking the obligation to protect our citizens, we need to act," he said.

That is a helluva hard line he's taking. I thought the Supreme Court ruled after the Civil War that we are one sovereign nation not a collection of individual sovereign states.

Someone needs to

What are some of the powers the Federal Gove4rnment has that you want given to the states?

Don't get me wrong I do believe that in certain areas the government is too big and bloated but I don't really see it as a states vs fed issue

What are some of the powers the Federal Gove4rnment has that you want given to the states?

Don't get me wrong I do believe that in certain areas the government is too big and bloated but I don't really see it as a states vs fed issue

Here is a small list of federal agencies wielding authority over states that could be abolished. There are more.

EPA
Education
OSHA
Housing and Urban Development

Under the above 4 blanket agencies there are a myriad of sub-agencies all interfering in our daily lives.

Here is a small list of federal agencies wielding authority over states that could be abolished. There are more.

EPA
Education
OSHA
Housing and Urban Development

Under the above 4 blanket agencies there are a myriad of sub-agencies all interfering in our daily lives.
What about the DEA, ATF and Dept of Homeland Security?

But the big issue is they have become some of our allies problem.

If speaking of Germany or France, they let them in. Their fault for catering to the tug of their heartstrings instead of making a wise decision. If speaking of our ME "allies", what are they doing to take the refugees in?

I agree with scaling these back and rolling them into another agency. There are some things these agencies do that are needed but they all have outgrown their intended purpose or should have never been created.

If speaking of Germany or France, they let them in. Their fault for catering to the tug of their heartstrings instead of making a wise decision. If speaking of our ME "allies", what are they doing to take the refugees in?
+

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 2

Get rid of all of those as well. I'd almost say get rid of the CIA and let the FBI take over. I think the CIA is just as bad as it is good, and the fact they got caught spying on Congress' computers and didn't get in trouble is worrisome.

VN Store

Back