Team has the Flu?

UM no.
this is your exact words;

" I can't tell you how many times I heard him interview and say he had to remind FR to pack socks and underwear for the OU game cause they had never played an away game. He's a master exaggerator. It's not that what he's saying is untrue but it happens everywhere other coaches just don't feel the need to spend 10 min every interview reminding the folks at home."

Nothing about injuries or anything else.
This is exactly what I responded to and justly so.

And before that sentence, which you conveniently left off, I said EVERY little thing that goes wrong or bad that happens he lets us know. EVERYTHING is all in encompassing which means injuries and given that were in a thread discussing sickness it includes that as well. Since I see you struggle with contextual reading I'll make sure I post in a more black and white manner moving forward.

The example I used regarding the FR was just that; an example. One that I heard for a week. And as another poster said the "turning right out of the T" comments. He said that leading up to the USU game then actually said it in his pregame interview on the sideline.

Last edited:
Please tell me that nobody is blaming CBJ for players getting a stomach bug. If so, we do indeed have the dumbest fanbase in the history of sports.

Reactions: 2 people
We are using up all the bad luck this year so that next year we can all the bounces like Auburn did last year.

Lol can we place the bar any lower for Butch at this point???? If the team comes out and doesn't s#$# themselves people are gonna claim a huge victory.
yeah I have read 6-6 ,7-5 already for next season some are even saying 2016-2017 we start competing. I sure hope they can coach.because this 5-7 crap is not going to get it done.

Reactions: 2 people
Geez, what next! Well, like my old coach used to say...rub some dirt on it and get back out there! :rofl:

GO VOLS!

If true it's inexcusable as flu shots come out in early September.

If you think "flu shots" are 100% guaranteed to be effective, I have some Arizona beach front property for sale. The shots that are given are for the strain that is predicted to be most prevalent in a particular region. It has a very limited effectiveness against any other viral strain. There are many viruses that produce "flu like" symptoms that are not the common flu.

Geeze people, get a grip. Genuine "flu" (influenza) is a respiratory illness, marked by fever, cough, body aches, and so on. Flu shots attempt to address this, although they don't get all strains.

What everyone and their pet cat calls "stomach flu" is not related in any way, shape, or form to influenza. It's a viral (or other) infection that hits the digestive tract. It can also be food poisoning that's mistaken as a communicable disease.

I've had real flu once, and I don't ever, ever want to have it again. Get yer flu shot now. Especially those who work in healthcare (ahem.)

Meanwhile, if you find that you are taking up residence in your bathroom for 2-3 days, that's different. Miserable, but probably nowhere near as bad as flu, and shots don't prevent it. Try frequent handwashing.

And before that sentence, which you conveniently left off, I said EVERY little thing that goes wrong or bad that happens he lets us know. EVERYTHING is all in encompassing which means injuries and given that were in a thread discussing sickness it includes that as well. Since I see you struggle with contextual reading I'll make sure I post in a more black and white manner moving forward.

The example I used regarding the FR was just that; an example. One that I heard for a week. And as another poster said the "turning right out of the T" comments. He said that leading up to the USU game then actually said it in his pregame interview on the sideline.

Oh good grief, let it go.
When you are one of the thinnest teams in the country, injuries do mean more. You ranting and whining doesn't make it any less true.

He knows that certain fanbases are known for impatience and he is just trying to remind everyone.
Any coach in this much of a dumpster fire would do the same. They may use different words or phrases but would still try to keep the fans calm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
We don't need excuses for losing a game we were never going to win to begin with. If you thought otherwise you're not thinking clearly and/or aren't aware of how bad our Oline is.

I agree. While there is always a chance, it is about 1 in 1000 for this game. We need to get ready for the next 4 games, which we actually have a reasonable chance to win.

Oh good grief, let it go.
When you are one of the thinnest teams in the country, injuries do mean more. You ranting and whining doesn't make it any less true.

He knows that certain fanbases are known for impatience and he is just trying to remind everyone.
Any coach in this much of a dumpster fire would do the same. They may use different words or phrases but would still try to keep the fans calm.

Let what go? I'm sorry if I refuse to allow you to take a small portion of my post and try to present that as your proof. If you're going to use a comment use it all. You're a pathetically poor comprehender of written word and fail to use context worse than a kindergartener, so stop trying to a prove a point that was never a point to begin with.

Let what go? I'm sorry if I refuse to allow you to take a small portion of my post and try to present that as your proof. If you're going to use a comment use it all. You're a pathetically poor comprehender of written word and fail to use context worse than a kindergartener, so stop trying to a prove a point that was never a point to begin with.

A small portion? I used 75% of your post.
you know, the part that I was actually responding to..
Throwing insults and questioning someones intelligence is not only desperate but funny from someone who seems thrown off by 75% > 25%.
Add the other 25% back, still the exact same answer.
Yes, injuries, sickness and youth on a thin team hurts.
Some people need reminded more than others because they seem to have a hard time grasping the obvious.
I don't like resorting to insults but please insert your name afte the previous sentence.

A small portion? I used 75% of your post.
you know, the part that I was actually responding to..
Throwing insults and questioning someones intelligence is not only desperate but funny from someone who seems thrown off by 75% > 25%.
Add the other 25% back, still the exact same answer.
Yes, injuries, sickness and youth on a thin team hurts.
Some people need reminded more than others because they seem to have a hard time grasping the obvious.
I don't like resorting to insults but please insert your name afte the previous sentence.

That first sentence changes the complex of the entire post, compared to what you chose to respond with. Therefore it doesn't yield the same answer. But carry on anywas.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back