Team has the Flu?

Hurd & Malone are fine - both lost weight though. Not sure who else is affected by this right now though.

Sadly you dont just "get over" the flu and than play Alabama...

But you do suck it up and play hard, and leave everything on the field...

:rock:

They dont require the team to get flu shots? Really.

Maybe they can mix up some of those magic smoothies.

On a more SERIOUS note ....A BIG ORANGE Get Well wish to all of our Vols who have been bitten by this Flu. I don't imagine it's been much fun.

GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
It's the bottom of the parabola guys. Take heart, it only goes up from here. This is a weekend to drink, eat, and ponder the journey this program has been on the last decade. Who ever takes the field, whoever is able to take the field... thank you for choosing UT. You will be rewarded for your efforts in the coming seasons.

Reactions: 4 people
Some of the most incredible performances from athletes have come when they are suffering from illness. Didn't Michael Jordan have an extraordinary game while sporting a 100+ degree temperature?

Ok maybe I'm just crazy, but it seems like this has happened before. I seem to remember this type of thing a year or so ago.

Sounds more like a GI bug, aka "stomach flu." Nothing to do with influenza, and you can definitely drop a lot of water weight in the process.

eta: nm, just saw lulu's post. :hi:

If true it's inexcusable as flu shots come out in early September.

Problem is flu shots don't prevent all strains of flu, only those that are deemed to be most probable.

Some people refer to something as the flu when it's really not. No idea if the players had a real flu and tested positive for it.

At any rate, they obviously had something that was bad news.

influenza (which hasnt hit the state of Tennessee yet) is very different from a stomach bug. Some people mistake it and say stomach flu in which there is no such thing.

At some point you just have to laugh. I mean why wouldn't we get the flu while dealing with a new QB, reshuffled and already bad oline and going against one of the best defenses in the nation. All i can say is that is some bad juju.

I guess we will be better next year then cause Butch recruited juju Jennings

I really am getting "sick" from all these lame excuses year after year after year. Just find away to win! The battle of 1 or whatever that thing is Butch has been saying lately. Do your job!

Reactions: 2 people
I've been hearing this since Tuesday, it's on VN now it has been confirmed. Volunteers from the stands may be asked to play during the game, please be ready.

I've been hearing this since Tuesday, it's on VN now it has been confirmed. Volunteers from the stands may be asked to play during the game, please be ready.

I can pick you a few off of VN that would make for some very interesting conversation once they learned what happens when the ball is snapped firsthand. :)

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back