Supreme court judge sends anti-vaxxers packing

Thimerosol contains ethyl-mercury, not methyl-mercury. Ethyl-mercury doesn't bioaccumulate and has never been shown to be toxic, even at high doses. Methyl-mercury is the dangerous crud you get in fish and smoke from coal-fired power plants. A can of tuna contains more methyl-mercury than the amount of the less dangerous ethyl-mercury in vaccines.

And, as pointed out, we stopped putting thimersol in children's vaccines in 2001. Yet, the autism rate continues to rise! If thimerosol caused autism we would have noticed a drop-off over the past decade. Autism is unfortunate but it's only blamed on vaccines because of their ubiquity. That's not fair or even remotely sensible

1186877_157246837810173_357240775_n.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
My mom was there and said it was about the same as what my sister got in the late 70s. So I'm trying to figure out exactly what the vaccine actually accomplished in my case. All I can see is that it might save parents a few days of sick time. Parents should feel free to make that kind of decision for their own children without being accused of child endangerment and hauled into court.

You and I are only discussing the chicken pox vaccine at the moment, McDad is talking about all of them and how he's not giving them to his children, that's a completely different circumstance.

There are reasons why your child got chicken pox from the vaccine, for instance if his immune system was compromised at the time of the vaccine. You might not have even known it. That's just one scenario though. 90% of people who do get the chicken pox vaccine never get chicken pox.

I've been getting flu shots every year for as long as I can remember. For the first time in my entire life (Not this past winter but the one before it) I actually had a reaction to the flu shot by way of a pretty high fever for a day. I didn't find out why until later that summer that I had a compromised immune system at the time of the shot.

You and I are only discussing the chicken pox vaccine at the moment, McDad is talking about all of them and how he's not giving them to his children, that's a completely different circumstance.

There are reasons why your child got chicken pox from the vaccine, for instance if his immune system was compromised at the time of the vaccine. You might not have even known it. That's just one scenario though. 90% of people who do get the chicken pox vaccine never get chicken pox.

I've been getting flu shots every year for as long as I can remember. For the first time in my entire life (Not this past winter but the one before it) I actually had a reaction to the flu shot by way of a pretty high fever for a day. I didn't find out why until later that summer that I had a compromised immune system at the time of the shot.

You are incorrect. I stated that one of my 3 has had vaccinations but hasn't had all of the ones recommended. I never specified which ones were given and which ones were withheld. That info wasn't relevant to the subject of adaptive immunity.

You are incorrect. I stated that one of my 3 has had vaccinations but hasn't had all of the ones recommended. I never specified which ones were given and which ones were withheld. That info wasn't relevant to the subject of adaptive immunity.

You were making no point in bringing up adaptive immunity.

Reactions: 1 person
There are higher levels of mercury in a standard tuna steak than there has ever been in any vaccine.

And I love me some tuna.

Correct. Also the mercury that was used in vaccines was thiomersal. It is ethyl mercury. Which is different than the more dangerous methyl mercury.

Whoa. Don't have kids, so I experienced sticker shock reading this

The Price of Prevention: Vaccine Costs Are Soaring

Old vaccines have been reformulated with higher costs. New ones have entered the market at once-unthinkable prices. Together, since 1986, they have pushed up the average cost to fully vaccinate a child with private insurance to the age of 18 to $2,192 from $100, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

No sir. Removed at 16-17 years old and then again at 26. Strange I know. Supposedly there is a generation of native Americans that this was common in. And well I have Native American blood in me. ( as most Americans do)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I had the chicken pox twice.

McDad, I find it interesting that you would have your daughter vaccinated for HBV but not other diseases. The governor of Texas thought it was a good idea to have all girls vaccinated for HBV before they could enter the 6th grade. Fortunately wiser heads prevailed.

I believe that if you do some research, you will find that the vaccine caused more problems than the disease. That is from memory and the argument was 6 years ago.

Anti-Vaccination Movement Turns Against Lifesaving Vitamin Shots
Most supporters of the anti-vaccination movement advocate for “natural” disease prevention, such as taking lots of vitamins to bolster the immune system. So why are they opposing using vitamin K to treat babies born with a deficiency? Because it’s delivered by injection, of course.

The family of similar molecules known as vitamin K modify blood proteins so that they bind to calcium ions, allowing clotting. Most people get all the vitamin K they need from their diet, particularly green leafy vegetables, although some conditions result in deficiencies.

However, the situation for infants is different, particularly newborns. Vitamin K deficiencies occur in 2-10 cases out of 100,000, with symptoms appearing anywhere in the first 12 weeks of life.

While the consequences can be life-threatening, with severe bleeding potentially leading to brain damage or death, in the developed world there is a simple treatment – intramuscular vitamin K1 injections. All newborns in the USA are now given a routine vitamin K shot, removing the risk entirely.

However, Vanderbilt UniversityÂ’s Monroe Carell Jr. ChildrenÂ’s Hospital has reported eight cases of Vitamin K Deficient Bleeding (VKDB) in the last year. Descriptions of the first four cases should be enough to get any parent to agree to their child getting the supplement, but it seems not.
:loco:

I have an uncle with polio and let me tell you it is NOT something we want coming back. One vaccination could have saved him from a lifetime of torment. His parents refused to get it. Vaccinations have saved way more lives then they have hurt. The benefits FAR outweigh the cost.

https://www.health.ny.gov/prevention/immunization/vaccine_safety/harm.htm

Lot of these morons tend to forget what life was like before vaccinations when polio, measles, small pox, and tuberculosis were widespread killers.

Reactions: 2 people
I am at peace for all the microbiologists, pathologists, and immunologists on this board to think I am endangering my children. To think I'm crazy, etc.

I hope you reactionaries will come off your chicken little roost of worry that my unvaxed kids somehow pose a risk to you or the public at large.

I'm confused. If the general population adopted your strategy, would its merits not evaporate. If so, how is that a strategy?

My wife and I both work in health care. The good people of this board would be shocked to learn that many MDs do not follow the schedule or all recommended vaccinations to the standard advised by the Academy of Pediatrics.

Nor do I and my family due to predicting medical conditions. But where we deviate is extremely limited and is applied judiciously.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I get the sense you are painting with a very broad brush when it comes to adapting the recommendations. Your posts have suggested a broad and not discriminant approach to not immunizing; though you didn't suggest you don't immunize, you were certainly cavalier about not immunizing. In my opinion it is always a difficult decision on the lone basis of societal responsibility.

Last edited:
Actually, reading back, I just kind of mentioned it in passing and didn't cite specifics. Just looked it up. Per FDA and CDC, they took the mercury completely out of childhood vaccines in 2001 . . . which I found personally ironic since my autistic son was born in 2002.

Completely off-topic but we recently had a friend whose child had been treated for 7 years (child is 10) for autism, only to be re-diagnosed as long-term lymes disease mimicking autism, potentially passed from the mother to the child. I have limited data on thus but my mind was a bit blown.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back