Supreme court judge sends anti-vaxxers packing

So vaccines aren't perfect?

Nothing's perfect. But their batting average is pretty fantastic. Guess what happens to cases of measles, whooping cough, etc if everyone stops vaccinating their kids. And those diseases were all but eradicated in the developed world until that Wakefield douchebag got his fiction published.

I'm impressed you (being a bama fan) can spell petrie.

Spell check FTW.

I got chicken pox at 17. Vaccines weren't around in my youth. Was exposed to it a lot as a youngster. Then one day bam. I've got it. Dr's told me that having it that late in life could cause me to be sterile. Fortunately it didn't.

Why did I not get it till then? Oh and I've had my wisdom teeth removed twice.

As far as mcdad. It's his kids. His house. His rules.

In other words, your dentist put you under some medication... cleaned your gums and teeth... let you sleep it off for a while... and then charged your insurance company for a procedure that never happened. :)

In other words, your dentist put you under some medication... cleaned your gums and teeth... let you sleep it off for a while... and then charged your insurance company for a procedure that never happened. :)

No sir. Removed at 16-17 years old and then again at 26. Strange I know. Supposedly there is a generation of native Americans that this was common in. And well I have Native American blood in me. ( as most Americans do)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Not a religion but Autism myth (triggered by vaccines) hasn't helped any.

I'd guess the religion (name escapes me) that won't go see a doctor would also refuse vaccines.

Rastaman. Dreadlock Rasta.

Really? So they'll stay home with my son when he's running a fever for a day or 2 after getting 3-4 doses? We have spread out the shots and my youngest reacts much better. That is being a parent and not believing what someone else says it's safe or good

My son ended up getting it anyway from the shot so did I essentially force my child to suffer because of the vaccine? Damn

We are not sure if my youngest will get the shot but I can assure you I will be making the most informed decision possible. I would say it will be more informed than some other parent blindly following the given schedule

Well, my statement is assuming the pediatrician is following the standard that is set and not creating their own.

No, absolutely not, you did it right. Unfortunately your child fell in the 2% that developed a case of chicken pox after getting the vaccine. It should have been a much more mild case however compared to actually getting chicken pox and not having the vaccine.

Childhood vaccines are safe. Seriously. - CNN.com

Children should get vaccinated against preventable and potentially deadly diseases. Period.

That's what a review of more than 20,000 scientific studies on childhood vaccines concludes this week. The review appears in the latest edition of the medical journal Pediatrics.

The evidence strongly suggests that side effects from vaccines are incredibly rare, the study authors said. They found no ties between vaccines and the rising number of children with autism, as a small but vocal group of anti-vaccine activists, including actors Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carey, have said.

CDC Caught Hiding Data Showing Mercury in Vaccines Linked to Autism | Health Impact News

Health Impact News Editor Comments

In a press release issued recently, one that almost no mainstream media sources have bothered to report, it was announced that Dr. Brian Hooker had finally received documents from the CDC through a Freedom of Information Act that revealed the CDC had access to data linking Thimerosal in vaccines to autism, non-organic sleep disorders, and speech disorders.

Two members of Congress helped Dr. Hooker draft his letter to the CDC, after having spent nearly 10 years submitting over 100 Freedom of Information Acts to no avail.

This information, so far, has been completely blacked out of the mainstream media.

This information is very damaging to the CDC, which has stated for years that there are no studies linking the mercury of Thimerosal in vaccines to autism. You can watch for yourself in the video below the most recent testimony given by the CDC in the November 2012 Congressional Hearing on Autism, where they claim there are no studies linking Thimerosal to autism. Thimerosal is still used today in the flu shot that is administered to pregnant women and infants.

vaccine.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
CDC Caught Hiding Data Showing Mercury in Vaccines Linked to Autism | Health Impact News

Health Impact News Editor Comments

In a press release issued recently, one that almost no mainstream media sources have bothered to report, it was announced that Dr. Brian Hooker had finally received documents from the CDC through a Freedom of Information Act that revealed the CDC had access to data linking Thimerosal in vaccines to autism, non-organic sleep disorders, and speech disorders.

Two members of Congress helped Dr. Hooker draft his letter to the CDC, after having spent nearly 10 years submitting over 100 Freedom of Information Acts to no avail.

This information, so far, has been completely blacked out of the mainstream media.

This information is very damaging to the CDC, which has stated for years that there are no studies linking the mercury of Thimerosal in vaccines to autism. You can watch for yourself in the video below the most recent testimony given by the CDC in the November 2012 Congressional Hearing on Autism, where they claim there are no studies linking Thimerosal to autism. Thimerosal is still used today in the flu shot that is administered to pregnant women and infants.

Did you actually read the CDC document that your nutjob blog is citing?

No, absolutely not, you did it right. Unfortunately your child fell in the 2% that developed a case of chicken pox after getting the vaccine. It should have been a much more mild case however compared to actually getting chicken pox and not having the vaccine.
My mom was there and said it was about the same as what my sister got in the late 70s. So I'm trying to figure out exactly what the vaccine actually accomplished in my case. All I can see is that it might save parents a few days of sick time. Parents should feel free to make that kind of decision for their own children without being accused of child endangerment and hauled into court.

Just dumb.
:crazy:

Exactly which part(s)?

The 1/10,000 down to 1/50 Autism rate since Thimerosal was introduced?

The act passed to protect manufactures from liability?

The 83 proven cases where damages have been awarded?

How about the one above where mercury levels are 25,000 times the allowable limit for water? Any idea what mercury does to a body?

Reactions: 2 people
Did you actually read the CDC document that your nutjob blog is citing?

Yes and I also have personal experience from being given anthrax vaccination. How about you?

Of course, Dr. Andrew Wakefield’s study has been replicated in at least 28 other studies, and no case has ever been won against Dr. Wakefield in a court of law. Litigation is still pending, and one of the doctors who was a co-author in the study has been completely exonerated in the U.K.

Yet, the man who supposedly conducted studies for the CDC proving that vaccines do not cause autism, is a wanted criminal for stealing millions of dollars from the CDC, and is still on the run from the law. But that story is seldom, if ever, reported in the mainstream media. (See: CDC Vaccine Link to Autism Scandal: The Wrong Man was Condemned)

Exactly which part(s)?

How about the one above where mercury levels are 25,000 times the allowable limit for water? Any idea what mercury does to a body?

The original study that "linked" autism to vaccines was proven to be junk science.

There is zero medical evidence (that I'm aware of) that definitively links vaccines to autism.

The efforts to prove this link has been going on since the mid-late 90s

Where is the proof? Numbers that show increased rates in autism is not proof.

The original study that "linked" autism to vaccines was proven to be junk science.

There is zero medical evidence (that I'm aware of) that definitively links vaccines to autism.

The efforts to prove this link has been going on since the mid-late 90s

Where is the proof? Numbers that show increased rates in autism is not proof.

So who has more money to "prove" or "disprove" the manufactures who spend billions lobbying or a parent of a child destroyed by their poison. The entire system is rigged against proving it.

Look I understand both sides of the argument for and against, but to go from 1/10,000 to 1/50 since Thimerosal was introduced should give pause to anyone with half a brain. Have you ever read the MSDS for the vaccines you are promoting?

Exactly which part(s)?

the prevalence of autism has as much to do with the expansion of the spectrum and awareness as anything else. Everything else is pure conjecture with no definitive links other than people with a cause latching on. I've got an autistic kid and probably have done enough research for a post graduate degree on the topic.

Reactions: 4 people
Yes and I also have personal experience from being given anthrax vaccination. How about you?

No. I have personally never had cause to receive an anthrax vaccine.

Of course, Dr. Andrew Wakefield’s study has been replicated in at least 28 other studies,

Care to link to any of them?

and no case has ever been won against Dr. Wakefield in a court of law.

True. He has settled two cases out of court before he had a chance to lose.

Litigation is still pending, and one of the doctors who was a co-author in the study has been completely exonerated in the U.K.

And Wakefield had his British medical license revoked. The co-author who was exonerated turned on Wakefield and claimed that he was duped by Wakefield's phony data. He only reached the same conclusions as Wakefield because he relied on Wakefield's BS.

You are defending a charlatan with the blood of many children on his hands.

the prevalence of autism has as much to do with the expansion of the spectrum and awareness as anything else. Everything else is pure conjecture with no definitive links other than people with a cause latching on. I've got an autistic kid and probably have done enough research for a post graduate degree on the topic.

I can agree with "diagnosis" parameters and as I said I agree with both sides of this argument. I've personally watched someone whose lung collapsed within 5 minutes of getting a vaccine so that opened my eyes to research.

I also buried a child from "unexplained" death who developed a huge cyst within days of shots and one year after Thymerosal was introduced.

Her doctor was so convinced he gave up his practice in Kingsport and moved back to India where he could devote his life to studying the effects. The only thing I'll say is have you read the MSDS for each of the vaccines given?

Is there ever anything good found on a MSDS?

The big problem I have is that I've never seen a convincing study on the ills of thimersol and the effects of mercury poisoning don't really seem relatable to autism. I'd love for there to be a link so kids don't have to deal with autism, but right now it's a wing and a prayer in the face of all the good that vaccines do for the general population.

VN Store

Back