Superman vs Batman movie coming in 2015!

It doesn't seem to matter who Bruce Wayne is. It's all about the writing. Christian Bale wasn't particularly good, the movies just were.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel like he has a pretty impressive résumé.

He will do fine. Everyone quit being drama queens.

He's a fine actor playing certain roles. But anything remotely action based he's been pretty bad in. Daredevil, Paycheck, The Sum of All Fears, Reindeer Games, all terrible.

In fact his best acting jobs tend to be when he's playing someone from Boston.

It's tough to find someone who can play a good Bruce Wayne and a good Batman. I personally always thought Michael Keaton did a good job as both, but ever since it has been tough to find someone who fits both roles. Affleck will be a good Bruce Wayne. Don't expect much from his as Batman though.

I think Keaton worked because A) he is a better actor than Affleck and B) to my knowledge he had not previously failed at other action type movies. I could be wrong as I was pretty young then, but I don't recall him having any Daredevils on his resume.

Affleck might turn out fine but honestly I would have rather them have gone with a lesser known name than a polarizing choice like Affleck.

I think Keaton worked because A) he is a better actor than Affleck and B) to my knowledge he had not previously failed at other action type movies. I could be wrong as I was pretty young then, but I don't recall him having any Daredevils on his resume.

Affleck might turn out fine but honestly I would have rather them have gone with a lesser known name than a polarizing choice like Affleck.

Agreed, why pick someone that half the audience automatically doesn't like? Much better off picking a relative unknown, as they did with Superman.

Batman with Afflec can go to hell. I will not even watch it for free on TV.

Agreed, why pick someone that half the audience automatically doesn't like? Much better off picking a relative unknown, as they did with Superman.

Exactly. Negative fan buzz will kill a comic movie before it ever films.

Family Guy sums it up...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xy5C-0P0zs[/youtube]

Ben Affleck behind the camera > Ben Affleck in front of it. Not that excited about this choice.

Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies

A article in favor of the Red Sox fan and actor Ben Affleck as The Batman.

I don't think people hate Affleck they hate that he was in the crap unimpressive movie Daredevil which was not successful. It didnt suck at the box office but as far as quality it's very far from Batman Begins, Captain America The First Avenger, etc not even close.

Just get Michael Keaton to play Batman again before they get the lightweight Affleck.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the choice but for a little perspective I offer this sample of internet outrage to the announcement of Heath Ledger playing The Joker....

174E669E-3F0C-4145-883E-67415F816950-705-0000002B946E5F86_zps6fda232a.jpg

I didn't get the Heath Ledger thing. I always thought he was an awesome actor, even when he was kind of known for just being in chick flicks and Brokeback Mountain.

Some Rumors!
#1) Bryan Cranston has been cast as Lex Luthor but no announcement until after Breaking Bad finale.
#2.) There were rumors that Ben Affleck was in talks to Direct Justice League with him now being cast as Batman this could be TRUE.

VN Store

Back